Sign in to follow this  
VakAttack

Nastier takedown

Nastier Takedown  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Who had the nastier takedown from the Finals?

• Eierman's semi inside trip from standing single leg scramble defense
    • Kemerer's between the leg ankle pick directly to backpoints
    • Gable's high crotch to knee pick to grizzly bear club to Mason Parris' back

5 minutes ago, wrestlingnerd said:

Gable's last TD on Parris right after talking sht and right before talking more sht. Awesome, and I don't even like sht talking.

I missed it because I was focusing on Cass match plus it was such a beatdown.  Added!

EDIT:  Just listened to the interview.  "This ain't no rivalry" is brutal.

Edited by VakAttack

2 minutes ago, lu_alum said:

The GIF doesn't do it justice. 

The way Gable played to the crowd and then taunted Parris prior to the final TD makes it the nastiest of the three choices.

Don't forget how he treated Parris after that TD while there was still good time on the clock, after his hand was raised, after he brushed by Parris off the mat on his way into the tunnel, and then on Twitter. It was obscene as a move against a world-class athlete to begin with, but with all that backdrop, I'll never forget it. I don't think Parris will ever talk trash again.

5 minutes ago, lu_alum said:

The GIF doesn't do it justice. 

The way Gable played to the crowd and then taunted Parris prior to the final TD makes it the nastiest of the three choices.

Gable already working on that WWE bad guy persona.  Always gotta throw in that signature taunt before the finishing move.  

4 minutes ago, wrestlingnerd said:

Don't forget how he treated Parris after that TD while there was still good time on the clock, after his hand was raised, after he brushed by Parris off the mat on his way into the tunnel, and then on Twitter. It was obscene as a move against a world-class athlete to begin with, but with all that backdrop, I'll never forget it. I don't think Parris will ever talk trash again.

Typically not a fan of Steveson's antics, but you have to appreciate how he put Parris in his place.

Edited by lu_alum

5 minutes ago, wrestlingnerd said:

Just now, lu_alum said:

Typically not a fan of Steveson's antics, but you have to appreciate how he put Parris in his place.

It was definitely a, 'lesson.'

3 hours ago, lu_alum said:

I have to call this stupid. you are acting like his antics are compensated for by the fact that he is good at wrestling. He didn't put him in his place with antics.

5 hours ago, portajohn said:

Gable's was nastier but Eierman's was slicker and a work of art

I've watched a ton of wrestling in my life but that move by Eierman I had not recalled seeing before.

Normally just for the slick technique you would pick Eierman, but when you put into context everything about Steveson/Parris and the fact that one potential Olympic medalist just absolutely mollywhopped another potential Olympic medalist...

9 hours ago, BLT said:

I've watched a ton of wrestling in my life but that move by Eierman I had not recalled seeing before.

I just imagined he had worked on that scenario countless times on the mat with Mike.  Doesn't hurt to have one of the greatest minds in wrestling at your disposal to learn from.

Edited by portajohn