Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
VakAttack

Nastier takedown

Nastier Takedown  

65 members have voted

  1. 1. Who had the nastier takedown from the Finals?

    • Eierman's semi inside trip from standing single leg scramble defense
    • Kemerer's between the leg ankle pick directly to backpoints
    • Gable's high crotch to knee pick to grizzly bear club to Mason Parris' back


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, wrestlingnerd said:

Gable's last TD on Parris right after talking sht and right before talking more sht. Awesome, and I don't even like sht talking.

I missed it because I was focusing on Cass match plus it was such a beatdown.  Added!

EDIT:  Just listened to the interview.  "This ain't no rivalry" is brutal.

Edited by VakAttack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, lu_alum said:

The GIF doesn't do it justice. 

The way Gable played to the crowd and then taunted Parris prior to the final TD makes it the nastiest of the three choices.

Don't forget how he treated Parris after that TD while there was still good time on the clock, after his hand was raised, after he brushed by Parris off the mat on his way into the tunnel, and then on Twitter. It was obscene as a move against a world-class athlete to begin with, but with all that backdrop, I'll never forget it. I don't think Parris will ever talk trash again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, lu_alum said:

The GIF doesn't do it justice. 

The way Gable played to the crowd and then taunted Parris prior to the final TD makes it the nastiest of the three choices.

Gable already working on that WWE bad guy persona.  Always gotta throw in that signature taunt before the finishing move.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, wrestlingnerd said:

Don't forget how he treated Parris after that TD while there was still good time on the clock, after his hand was raised, after he brushed by Parris off the mat on his way into the tunnel, and then on Twitter. It was obscene as a move against a world-class athlete to begin with, but with all that backdrop, I'll never forget it. I don't think Parris will ever talk trash again.

Typically not a fan of Steveson's antics, but you have to appreciate how he put Parris in his place.

Edited by lu_alum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, wrestlingnerd said:

Don't forget how he treated Parris after that TD while there was still good time on the clock, after his hand was raised, after he brushed by Parris off the mat on his way into the tunnel, and then on Twitter. It was obscene as a move against a world-class athlete to begin with, but with all that backdrop, I'll never forget it. I don't think Parris will ever talk trash again.

 

Just now, lu_alum said:

Typically not a fan of Steveson's antics, but you have to appreciate how he put Parris in his place.

It was definitely a, 'lesson.'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

3 hours ago, lu_alum said:

Typically not a fan of Steveson's antics, but you have to appreciate how he put Parris in his place.

I have to call this stupid. you are acting like his antics are compensated for by the fact that he is good at wrestling. He didn't put him in his place with antics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, portajohn said:

Gable's was nastier but Eierman's was slicker and a work of art

I've watched a ton of wrestling in my life but that move by Eierman I had not recalled seeing before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Normally just for the slick technique you would pick Eierman, but when you put into context everything about Steveson/Parris and the fact that one potential Olympic medalist just absolutely mollywhopped another potential Olympic medalist...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BLT said:

I've watched a ton of wrestling in my life but that move by Eierman I had not recalled seeing before.

I just imagined he had worked on that scenario countless times on the mat with Mike.  Doesn't hurt to have one of the greatest minds in wrestling at your disposal to learn from.

Edited by portajohn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...