Sign in to follow this  
Bronco

Real Woods gets his 4th and 5th matches of the season

14 hours ago, Perry said:

Interestong change in results. Super close wins to blowing matches open (granted the competition isn't the best, but still)

He hadn't wrestled all season (other than in practice I would imagine).  And if you watched the PAC 12 tournament it was VERY clear that he was not wrestling at the same level he did last season during those PAC 12 matches of his.

On 3/8/2021 at 4:15 PM, Bronco said:

Of course you don't see anything about this event which took place last Saturday on the Stanford wrestling webpage.

Hey bronco have heard anything about if Valencia is coming back next year or is this ncaa tournament his last ride? 

Nope not me.   I did watch a video of him about a month ago and it sounded to me as if he is done after this year.  Also I heard some comments from Zeke Jones and he sure sounded like this will be the last year for AV.  

I mean if he did come back wouldn't that be his 7th year at Arizona State?  I know it's a possibility tho.

As an aside I tried to work up a projected lineup for ASU for next season and I don't see anyone on their roster to fill his spot at 165 lbs for next season.  Unless Teemer moves up.  And if that happens then they have nobody to fill Teemer's spot at 157 lbs.  So maybe he will return.  Guess we will just have to wait and see.

P.S. MAYBE they could sign Shane Griffith from the soon to be no-more Stanford program.

Edited by Bronco

1 hour ago, Bronco said:

Nope not me.   I did watch a video of him about a month ago and it sounded to me as if he is done after this year.  Also I heard some comments from Zeke Jones and he sure sounded like this will be the last year for AV.  

I mean if he did come back wouldn't that be his 7th year at Arizona State?  I know it's a possibility tho.

As an aside I tried to work up a projected lineup for ASU for next season and I don't see anyone on their roster to fill his spot at 165 lbs for next season.  Unless Teemer moves up.  And if that happens then they have nobody to fill Teemer's spot at 157 lbs.  So maybe he will return.  Guess we will just have to wait and see.

P.S. MAYBE they could sign Shane Griffith from the soon to be no-more Stanford program.

Could they start Cael Valencia at 157 or 165?

57 minutes ago, ShakaAloha said:

Could they start Cael Valencia at 157 or 165?

Cael competed last summer at the Midwest Iron Man duals (according to TrackWrestling) at 182 lbs.

https://www.trackwrestling.com/membership/TWMemberList.jsp?TIM=1615491098047&twSessionId=zmbojvwxne

He went 7-0 at that event:

182 Results

CAEL VALENCIA of California DC went 7-0

• 182 - CAEL VALENCIA (California DC) over Quayin Short (Minnesota Blue) TF 10-0
  • 182 - CAEL VALENCIA (California DC) over Unknown (Unattached) Forf
  • 182 - CAEL VALENCIA (California DC) over Griffen Gammell (Sebolt Wrestling Academy) TF 10-0
  • 182 - CAEL VALENCIA (California DC) over Lincoln Willett (USA Mat Club) TF 10-0
  • 182 - CAEL VALENCIA (California DC) over Manny Rojas (Michigan Blue) TF 10-0
  • 182 - CAEL VALENCIA (California DC) over Remington Stiles (Rural Dual Team) TF 10-0
  • 182 - CAEL VALENCIA (California DC) over Braden Baumgartner (Straight off the Couch) TF 10-0
Edited by Bronco

1 minute ago, Bronco said:

Cael competed last summer at the Midwest Iron Man duals (according to TrackWrestling) at 182 lbs.

https://www.trackwrestling.com/membership/TWMemberList.jsp?TIM=1615491098047&twSessionId=zmbojvwxne

He went 7-0 at that event:

182 Results

CAEL VALENCIA of California DC went 7-0

• 182 - CAEL VALENCIA (California DC) over Quayin Short (Minnesota Blue) TF 10-0
  • 182 - CAEL VALENCIA (California DC) over Unknown (Unattached) Forf
  • 182 - CAEL VALENCIA (California DC) over Griffen Gammell (Sebolt Wrestling Academy) TF 10-0
  • 182 - CAEL VALENCIA (California DC) over Lincoln Willett (USA Mat Club) TF 10-0
  • 182 - CAEL VALENCIA (California DC) over Manny Rojas (Michigan Blue) TF 10-0
  • 182 - CAEL VALENCIA (California DC) over Remington Stiles (Rural Dual Team) TF 10-0
  • 182 - CAEL VALENCIA (California DC) over Braden Baumgartner (Straight off the Couch) TF 10-0

So much for that.  I remember his matches with Cam Amine from a couple of years ago so I thought 165 would be possible.

Is the plan for Cael to redshirt next year and then replace either Belshay or Norfleet?

You would think Anthony might stick around for another year to wrestle with Cael if he has a good NCAA tournament. 

2 hours ago, ShakaAloha said:

So much for that.  I remember his matches with Cam Amine from a couple of years ago so I thought 165 would be possible.

Is the plan for Cael to redshirt next year and then replace either Belshay or Norfleet?

You would think Anthony might stick around for another year to wrestle with Cael if he has a good NCAA tournament. 

You make an excellent point.  I hadn't considered what you mentioned in your last sentence. 

I have no idea what the plan is for Cael.    Just have to wait and see like everyone else.

2 hours ago, ShakaAloha said:

I think Norfleet has another year or possibly 2 years left. I believe he got an injury waiver for one year in addition to the extra covid year. Cael Valencia could probably step right in at 84 next year if he can beat Coleman. 

3 hours ago, ShakaAloha said:

Very old results from last summer- He just wrestled at 170. I could see him at 165 for a season..... of course I could see him at 184 if he continues to grow. 

image.png.b17687c08a656786e9e430d79f854792.png

Edited by Idaho