IronChef

At Large Bids Released

7 minutes ago, ShakaAloha said:

That's my guy!  Not that it makes his AL selection any more credible, but Flo had him getting in as well.

I’m a fan. I think he underperformed at conferences. I expect he will AA, but it could take a few years. 

A borderline top 100 true freshman even making NCAAs is pretty crazy. Happy for him. 

12 hours ago, Housebuye said:

How did Kysen Terukima get in! 

Good question.  He was 4-5 against D1 competition and did not beat any other qualifiers (8-5 overall but 4 wins against  non D1).  The guys he beat in his 2 dual wins had 2 wins for the season combined.

I know Cardani was 3-9 but he is the biggest snub IMO.  All his losses were to qualifiers and had a win over Barnett (plus Hudkins who beat Hildebrandt last year).  He also beat Gutierrez last year who was one of the other at larges and took 3rd at Socon...

12 hours ago, Housebuye said:

Solid wrestler too

Best name p4p. AJ Ferrari is up there too. Yianni makes the list.  

You mean AJ Fiesta.

Also. Best wrestler name I've ever seen is Matt Champion.

Edited by Tnc31

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

Good question.  He was 4-5 against D1 competition and did not beat any other qualifiers (8-5 overall but 4 wins against  non D1).  The guys he beat in his 2 dual wins had 2 wins for the season combined.

I know Cardani was 3-9 but he is the biggest snub IMO.  All his losses were to qualifiers and had a win over Barnett (plus Hudkins who beat Hildebrandt last year).  He also beat Gutierrez last year who was one of the other at larges and took 3rd at Socon...

I agree. Cardani not getting in seems inconsistent. If they punish guys for bad records even with quality wins, half of the Big10 wildcards don’t make sense