Jump to content
jdalu75

2021 NCAA Brackets Posted

Recommended Posts

184 is the biggest head scratcher for me. I’m not sure how Bolen drops to 5. Nothing personal against Deprez, but he just doesn’t have any wins this year that justify him being the 3 seed. Bolen has the best win and the “best” loss in that bracket (other than Hidlay obviously). I understand the counterpoint is “undefeated conference champion.” But the ncaa didn’t use that metric in other weight classes so it’s pretty inconsistent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy to see Schultz got a great draw at 197. AJF and Warner are on the other side of the bracket. Norfleet and Elam or Caffey are who Schultz will need to beat to get in the finals. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Death, taxes, and Missouri getting top 10 seeds without beating anybody.

 

Seriously.

 

Jeremiah Kent might not make it past Rocky Jordan. If he does, his hopes will die at the hands of Taylor Venz.

 

Hell, Rocky Jordan has a better win against ranked competition than Jeremiah Kent does.

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, goheels1812 said:

184 is the biggest head scratcher for me. I’m not sure how Bolen drops to 5. Nothing personal against Deprez, but he just doesn’t have any wins this year that justify him being the 3 seed. Bolen has the best win and the “best” loss in that bracket (other than Hidlay obviously). I understand the counterpoint is “undefeated conference champion.” But the ncaa didn’t use that metric in other weight classes so it’s pretty inconsistent. 

There is no consistency whatsoever. Rules are made to be broken by the seeding committee. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, goheels1812 said:

184 is the biggest head scratcher for me. I’m not sure how Bolen drops to 5. Nothing personal against Deprez, but he just doesn’t have any wins this year that justify him being the 3 seed. Bolen has the best win and the “best” loss in that bracket (other than Hidlay obviously). I understand the counterpoint is “undefeated conference champion.” But the ncaa didn’t use that metric in other weight classes so it’s pretty inconsistent. 

Totally agree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One facet of seeding all 33 wrestlers is there are no excuses for the easily avoidable in-conference rematches that the committees overseeing the other sports (i.e. men's basketball) often seek to avoid.

So, Noah Adams can thank the 197 seeding committee for knowingly placing him in a 2nd round match with his personal kryptonite.

And, should Ridge Lovett get through Peyton Omania - which has the chance to be the match of the 1st round - Max Murin can either get revenge or return to last week's horror movie.

I'm disappointed that the seeding committee at 141 didn't split up Nick Lee and Sebastian Rivera.  Tariq Wilson is unbeaten, and I was really hoping to see Rivera and Eierman in the semis.

Ultimately, it's just so easy to move wrestlers up and down a line to create new matchups and storylines like they do in the NCAA men's basketball tournament and our leadership says, "Nah, we're good."

Edited by Voice_of_the_Quakers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Voice_of_the_Quakers said:

One facet of seeding all 33 wrestlers is there are no excuses for the easily avoidable in-conference rematches that the committees overseeing the other sports (i.e. men's basketball) often seek to avoid.

So, Noah Adams can thank the 197 seeding committee for knowingly placing him in a 2nd round match with his personal kryptonite.

And, should Ridge Lovett get through Peyton Omania - which has the chance to be the match of the 1st round - Max Murin can either get revenge or return to last week's horror movie.

I'm disappointed that the seeding committee at 141 didn't split up Nick Lee and Sebastian Rivera.  Tariq Wilson is unbeaten, and I was really hoping to see Rivera and Eierman in the semis.

Ultimately, it's just so easy to move wrestlers up and down a line to create new matchups and storylines like they do in the NCAA men's basketball tournament and our leadership says, "Nah, we're good."

Lovett/Omania could be the match of the tournament. Both good Greco guys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Voice_of_the_Quakers said:

One facet of seeding all 33 wrestlers is there are no excuses for the easily avoidable in-conference rematches that the committees overseeing the other sports (i.e. men's basketball) often seek to avoid.

So, Noah Adams can thank the 197 seeding committee for knowingly placing him in a 2nd round match with his personal kryptonite.

And, should Ridge Lovett get through Peyton Omania - which has the chance to be the match of the 1st round - Max Murin can either get revenge or return to last week's horror movie.

I'm disappointed that the seeding committee at 141 didn't split up Nick Lee and Sebastian Rivera.  Tariq Wilson is unbeaten, and I was really hoping to see Rivera and Eierman in the semis.

Ultimately, it's just so easy to move wrestlers up and down a line to create new matchups and storylines like they do in the NCAA men's basketball tournament and our leadership says, "Nah, we're good."

Again, totally agree. What they did to Tariq is shameful. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

Now seeing on twitter that Alirez is out apparently. If they're calling it this early, why even apply for the wildcard?

Did they say whose replacing him? It’s either going to be Bartlett or Ed Scott , I think either would give that team 10 qualifiers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, mob said:

Chad Red got screwed. 2 losses to Eierman and 1 to Rivera. He should have a higher seed than 8. 

He always shows up for ncaas he ll be fine as the 8.. he’s beaten better wrestlers then Eierman at ncaas before 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, mob said:

Chad Red got screwed. 2 losses to Eierman and 1 to Rivera. He should have a higher seed than 8. 

Good grief man its a short season and he has three losses.  I can show you a 16-1 where only loss was in SV and got a 10 seed, there are no gift seeds or easy draws.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ionel said:

Good grief man its a short season and he has three losses.  I can show you a 16-1 where only loss was in SV and got a 10 seed, there are no gift seeds or easy draws.  

One loss in SV to the 9th seed, last week. Good comparison 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ionel said:

Good grief man its a short season and he has three losses.  I can show you a 16-1 where only loss was in SV and got a 10 seed, there are no gift seeds or easy draws.  

Is your guy a 3 time AA who wrestled a Big 10 only schedule?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Eagle26 said:

Honestly, it’s a pretty crappy draw for him to get Griffith in the quarters and Lewis in the semi’s!

Good for Marinelli. This will give him a chance to redeem his #1 seed and #7 finish, plus his loss to Mekhi. I'm sure he's chomping at the bit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Le duke said:

 

Seriously.

 

Jeremiah Kent might not make it past Rocky Jordan. If he does, his hopes will die at the hands of Taylor Venz.

 

Hell, Rocky Jordan has a better win against ranked competition than Jeremiah Kent does.

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When are all of you whining about Mizzou gonna realize that the NCAA is intentionally and purposefully rewarding the weaker conference finalists in hopes of spreading the success of wrestling beyond the B1G? They stated as much when they first switched from the historical data model for qualifiers, and remind us every year. And yet, every year people want to bitch because some .500 wrestler from the B1G gets “screwed” because the champ from the lesser conference hasn’t had the opportunity to beat the same level of competition. Agree or not with their goals/philosophy, it is what it is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jeffrideal said:

How about Noah Adams getting Buchanan in the second round, the only guy to beat him this year and beat him 3x. 

I just can't imagine him going 0-4 vs Buchanan. It makes no sense. Buchanan is good, but a borderline AA at best. Adams is a title contender. WHY DID THEY HAVE THIS DRAW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...