jdalu75

2021 NCAA Brackets Posted

184 is the biggest head scratcher for me. I’m not sure how Bolen drops to 5. Nothing personal against Deprez, but he just doesn’t have any wins this year that justify him being the 3 seed. Bolen has the best win and the “best” loss in that bracket (other than Hidlay obviously). I understand the counterpoint is “undefeated conference champion.” But the ncaa didn’t use that metric in other weight classes so it’s pretty inconsistent. 

Happy to see Schultz got a great draw at 197. AJF and Warner are on the other side of the bracket. Norfleet and Elam or Caffey are who Schultz will need to beat to get in the finals. 

Death, taxes, and Missouri getting top 10 seeds without beating anybody.

Seriously.

Jeremiah Kent might not make it past Rocky Jordan. If he does, his hopes will die at the hands of Taylor Venz.

Hell, Rocky Jordan has a better win against ranked competition than Jeremiah Kent does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, goheels1812 said:

184 is the biggest head scratcher for me. I’m not sure how Bolen drops to 5. Nothing personal against Deprez, but he just doesn’t have any wins this year that justify him being the 3 seed. Bolen has the best win and the “best” loss in that bracket (other than Hidlay obviously). I understand the counterpoint is “undefeated conference champion.” But the ncaa didn’t use that metric in other weight classes so it’s pretty inconsistent. 

There is no consistency whatsoever. Rules are made to be broken by the seeding committee. 

28 minutes ago, goheels1812 said:

Totally agree.

One facet of seeding all 33 wrestlers is there are no excuses for the easily avoidable in-conference rematches that the committees overseeing the other sports (i.e. men's basketball) often seek to avoid.

So, Noah Adams can thank the 197 seeding committee for knowingly placing him in a 2nd round match with his personal kryptonite.

And, should Ridge Lovett get through Peyton Omania - which has the chance to be the match of the 1st round - Max Murin can either get revenge or return to last week's horror movie.

I'm disappointed that the seeding committee at 141 didn't split up Nick Lee and Sebastian Rivera.  Tariq Wilson is unbeaten, and I was really hoping to see Rivera and Eierman in the semis.

Ultimately, it's just so easy to move wrestlers up and down a line to create new matchups and storylines like they do in the NCAA men's basketball tournament and our leadership says, "Nah, we're good."

Edited by Voice_of_the_Quakers

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_the_Quakers said:

One facet of seeding all 33 wrestlers is there are no excuses for the easily avoidable in-conference rematches that the committees overseeing the other sports (i.e. men's basketball) often seek to avoid.

So, Noah Adams can thank the 197 seeding committee for knowingly placing him in a 2nd round match with his personal kryptonite.

And, should Ridge Lovett get through Peyton Omania - which has the chance to be the match of the 1st round - Max Murin can either get revenge or return to last week's horror movie.

I'm disappointed that the seeding committee at 141 didn't split up Nick Lee and Sebastian Rivera.  Tariq Wilson is unbeaten, and I was really hoping to see Rivera and Eierman in the semis.

Ultimately, it's just so easy to move wrestlers up and down a line to create new matchups and storylines like they do in the NCAA men's basketball tournament and our leadership says, "Nah, we're good."

Lovett/Omania could be the match of the tournament. Both good Greco guys

7 minutes ago, Voice_of_the_Quakers said:

Again, totally agree. What they did to Tariq is shameful. 

2 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

Now seeing on twitter that Alirez is out apparently. If they're calling it this early, why even apply for the wildcard?

Did they say whose replacing him? It’s either going to be Bartlett or Ed Scott , I think either would give that team 10 qualifiers 

7 minutes ago, mob said:

Chad Red got screwed. 2 losses to Eierman and 1 to Rivera. He should have a higher seed than 8. 

He always shows up for ncaas he ll be fine as the 8.. he’s beaten better wrestlers then Eierman at ncaas before 

8 minutes ago, mob said:

Chad Red got screwed. 2 losses to Eierman and 1 to Rivera. He should have a higher seed than 8. 

Good grief man its a short season and he has three losses.  I can show you a 16-1 where only loss was in SV and got a 10 seed, there are no gift seeds or easy draws.  

4 minutes ago, ionel said:

Good grief man its a short season and he has three losses.  I can show you a 16-1 where only loss was in SV and got a 10 seed, there are no gift seeds or easy draws.  

One loss in SV to the 9th seed, last week. Good comparison 

1 hour ago, ionel said:

Is your guy a 3 time AA who wrestled a Big 10 only schedule?

3 hours ago, Eagle26 said:

Honestly, it’s a pretty crappy draw for him to get Griffith in the quarters and Lewis in the semi’s!

Good for Marinelli. This will give him a chance to redeem his #1 seed and #7 finish, plus his loss to Mekhi. I'm sure he's chomping at the bit. 

8 hours ago, Le duke said:

Seriously.

Jeremiah Kent might not make it past Rocky Jordan. If he does, his hopes will die at the hands of Taylor Venz.

Hell, Rocky Jordan has a better win against ranked competition than Jeremiah Kent does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When are all of you whining about Mizzou gonna realize that the NCAA is intentionally and purposefully rewarding the weaker conference finalists in hopes of spreading the success of wrestling beyond the B1G? They stated as much when they first switched from the historical data model for qualifiers, and remind us every year. And yet, every year people want to bitch because some .500 wrestler from the B1G gets “screwed” because the champ from the lesser conference hasn’t had the opportunity to beat the same level of competition. Agree or not with their goals/philosophy, it is what it is. 

2 minutes ago, jeffrideal said:

How about Noah Adams getting Buchanan in the second round, the only guy to beat him this year and beat him 3x. 

I just can't imagine him going 0-4 vs Buchanan. It makes no sense. Buchanan is good, but a borderline AA at best. Adams is a title contender. WHY DID THEY HAVE THIS DRAW