Jump to content
PAFAN01

Qualifiers by STATE

Recommended Posts

I know there is someone always asking:

Home State Qualifiers
Pennsylvania 50
Illinois 29
Ohio 27
California 24
New Jersey 19
New York 15
Iowa 14
Indiana 13
Michigan 13
Georgia 12
Missouri 12
Minnesota 11
Colorado 10
Wisconsin 8
Florida 6
Kansas 6
Oklahoma 6
Virginia 6
Arizona 4
Oregon 4
Texas 4
Idaho 3
Montana 3
North Carolina 3
North Dakota 3
Utah 3
Washington 3
Connecticut 2
Kentucky 2
Maryland 2
New Hampshire 2
West Virginia 2
Alabama 1
Alaska 1
Hawaii 1
Massachusetts 1
Nebraska 1
Nevada 1
New Mexico 1
Tennessee 1
Wyoming 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to help get the arguments started.

307 PA D1 wrestlers, 15.96% (49) of them made the NCAA tournament.

118 OH D1 wrestlers, 23.72% (28) of them made the NCAA tournament.

Performing a one-tailed test for difference in proportion gives a p-value of .03144. This tells us that not only does OH send a higher proportion of its wrestlers from D1 to the NCAA tournament (at least this year), it also tells us that this is happening at a statistically significant level. : )

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mphillips said:

Just to help get the arguments started.

307 PA D1 wrestlers, 15.96% (49) of them made the NCAA tournament.

118 OH D1 wrestlers, 23.72% (28) of them made the NCAA tournament.

Performing a one-tailed test for difference in proportion gives a p-value of .03144. This tells us that not only does OH send a higher proportion of its wrestlers from D1 to the NCAA tournament (at least this year), it also tells us that this is happening at a statistically significant level. : )

 

Yeah, but the fact that there are ELEVEN DI wrestling schools in PA skews those numbers drastically.  A lot of room guys spread across that many schools in 1 state.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

Yeah, but the fact that there are ELEVEN DI wrestling schools in PA skews those numbers drastically.  A lot of room guys spread across that many schools in 1 state.

Anyone from any state can go to PA schools :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, PAFAN01 said:

I know there is someone always asking:

Home State Qualifiers
Pennsylvania 50
Illinois 29
Ohio 27
California 24
New Jersey 19
New York 15
Iowa 14
Indiana 13
Michigan 13
Georgia 12
Missouri 12
Minnesota 11
Colorado 10
Wisconsin 8
Florida 6
Kansas 6
Oklahoma 6
Virginia 6
Arizona 4
Oregon 4
Texas 4
Idaho 3
Montana 3
North Carolina 3
North Dakota 3
Utah 3
Washington 3
Connecticut 2
Kentucky 2
Maryland 2
New Hampshire 2
West Virginia 2
Alabama 1
Alaska 1
Hawaii 1
Massachusetts 1
Nebraska 1
Nevada 1
New Mexico 1
Tennessee 1
Wyoming 1

Biggest surprise = Georgia.  They have come a long way.

Biggest disappointment = North Carolina.  They have flatlined while having 6 or 7 programs and a couple are darn good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

Yeah, but the fact that there are ELEVEN DI wrestling schools in PA skews those numbers drastically.  A lot of room guys spread across that many schools in 1 state.

I'm well aware. Just wanted to get the nonsense going.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IOWA has more from PA other than Lehigh (6)

125 Spencer Lee Iowa Senior Murrysville Pennsylvania Big Ten 1st
133 Austin DeSanto Iowa Senior Exeter Pennsylvania Big Ten 2nd
149 Max Murin Iowa Junior Ebensburg Pennsylvania Big Ten ATL
157 Kaleb Young Iowa Senior Punxsutawney Pennsylvania Big Ten 2nd
174 Michael Kemerer Iowa Senior Murrysville Pennsylvania Big Ten 1st

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, cjc007 said:

Jersey too. lol

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
 

 

59 minutes ago, PAFAN01 said:

I know there is someone always asking:

Home State Qualifiers
Pennsylvania 50
Illinois 29
Ohio 27
California 24
New Jersey 19
New York 15
Iowa 14
Indiana 13
Michigan 13
Georgia 12
Missouri 12
Minnesota 11
Colorado 10
Wisconsin 8
Florida 6
Kansas 6
Oklahoma 6
Virginia 6
Arizona 4
Oregon 4
Texas 4
Idaho 3
Montana 3
North Carolina 3
North Dakota 3
Utah 3
Washington 3
Connecticut 2
Kentucky 2
Maryland 2
New Hampshire 2
West Virginia 2
Alabama 1
Alaska 1
Hawaii 1
Massachusetts 1
Nebraska 1
Nevada 1
New Mexico 1
Tennessee 1
Wyoming 1

NJ system helps more than it hurts, a senior can have a big run and make the finals of nj states and get offers just from that bc of the quality of the tournament 

nj was hurt by the IVYs cancelling the season they have about 8-10 guys that would have been qualifiers with a few AAs possibly a finalist or 2

Edited by Antitroll2828

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PA natives would have taken a second place finish a few years ago at nationals. WPIAL would have been third. Based on top finishing individual results in a team score.

______PA_______________WPIAL
125_Lee 24.5 - Lee 24.5
133_Pletcher 13.5 - Pletcher 13.5
141_Shoop 8.5 - Carr 1.5
149_Maruca 0.5 - Maruca0.5
157_Nolf 26.0 - Nolf 26.0
165_Joseph 18.0 - Joseph 18.0
174_Labriola - 9.0 - Smith 1.0
184_Geer 7.5 - Zavatsky 5.5
197_Sleigh 2.0 - Woodley 1.0
285_Wood 12.5 - NA 0.0
Total____122.0_____91.5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

 

NJ system helps more than it hurts, a senior can have a big run and make the finals of nj states and get offers just from that bc of the quality of the tournament 

nj was hurt by the IVYs cancelling the season they have about 8-10 guys that would have been qualifiers with a few AAs possibly a finalist or 2

There are a lot of kids who didn’t get offers or the chance to go higher level. It most definitely hurts more than helps. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Plasmodium said:

Colorado in double digits.   Seems like an improvement.   University of Wyoming has wrestlers from 6 states going.  Can any other school beat that? 

Penn St does too, MN, IN, PA, MD, NJ and AZ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Boompa said:

Biggest surprise = Georgia.  They have come a long way.

I’ve been saying for years that some states need to look at what that state has done to improve development over the last 10 years. I know they have a few hotbed areas improved by academies, but the state as a whole has show some solid growth which other states could learn from.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...