nom

D1 2021 NCAA broadcast info

Someone have the details?

ESPN broadcasting - but which rounds?  Others on ESPN+?

Will ESPN+ be showing all rounds regardless?  With ability to see any mat?

Who will have live brackets and who will be showing upcoming bouts and mat assignments?

Going to take time off work to watch.  Already thinking through best set up.  

thanks in advance!

Well my response was going to be very different until I just checked the upcoming schedule on ESPN again.

Go to their website and watch tab.  Click on schedule and upcoming.  Bottom line is ESPN3 will be streaming all of the mats.  ESPNU showing 1st round and 2nd round highlighted matches.

This is what Friday looks like: (Thursday has nothing but I know they are doing it)

https://www.espn.com/watch/schedule/_/type/upcoming/categoryId/99c32c26-2a57-3ec2-b14c-824684bd2e7f/startDate/20210319

Thank you!!!

I have hulu live TV.  Looks like it covers ESPNU ... and it is seeming like ESPN3 is there as well.  Fingers crossed.  

Glad I asked this question.  

Now, if someone hears about Thursday, please post!

All the mats for all four sessions that day are up. For some reason, it shows up for me if you select all sports but it doesn't show up if you select wrestling only that day. Seems to be normal on Friday and Saturday. However, it is listed as a wrestling event on Thursday so must be some kind of website glitch: https://www.espn.com/watch/schedule/_/type/upcoming/startDate/20210318

EDIT: I now see the header on Thursday is listed as NCAA wrestling and the header on Friday and Saturday is listed as wrestling so must have mislabeled Thursday. 

Edited by bracketbuster

On 3/11/2021 at 10:25 PM, ionel said:

For Big12 they had the option to watch individual mat or the quad, you'd think the same or similar for NCAA.

They had the quad box for Big Tens this year.

Edited by fadzaev2

On 3/11/2021 at 9:25 PM, ionel said:

For Big12 they had the option to watch individual mat or the quad, you'd think the same or similar for NCAA.

Two different setups at play there.

Big 12 is a 4-mat event. ESPN+ had 4 individual mat feeds, plus a 5th feed that was a quad of all 4 mats.

The old ESPN3 quad was a "build your own," where you could pick up to 4 of the 8 individual mat feeds (no separate multiview option). That feature went away a few years ago when ESPN changed/upgraded its platform.

5 hours ago, ionel said:

Pretty sure Espn did not broadcast b10s.

No...the Big Ten Network, partly-owned by ESPN’s bitter rival Fox Sports, carried Big Tens.

For what it’s worth, I did some digging on nationals TV programming...all sessions (and parts of sessions) will be televised:

Thursday morning: ESPNU
Thursday evening: ESPN2
Friday morning: ESPNU
Friday evening: ESPN (the mothership)
Saturday morning: ESPN2
Saturday evening: ESPN (again, the mothership)

No...the Big Ten Network, partly-owned by ESPN’s bitter rival Fox Sports, carried Big Tens.
For what it’s worth, I did some digging on nationals TV programming...all sessions (and parts of sessions) will be televised:
Thursday morning: ESPNU
Thursday evening: ESPN2
Friday morning: ESPNU
Friday evening: ESPN (the mothership)
Saturday morning: ESPN2
Saturday evening: ESPN (again, the mothership)

In addition, you can select specific mats on ESPN+

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I did some digging and I believe the only way to get multiple mats on the same screen is if you have an Apple TV or possibly XBox One. I don't have Apple TV but I will test the XBox to see if it works for ESPN3 or just ESPN+

4 hours ago, IronChef said:

I did some digging and I believe the only way to get multiple mats on the same screen is if you have an Apple TV or possibly XBox One. I don't have Apple TV but I will test the XBox to see if it works for ESPN3 or just ESPN+

For somebody who has ESPN+, can you get the quad box on your computer? Regular ESPN3 I cannot get this view.

I just tested Xbox and the multicast was very easy to get working. You can watch one stream, two side by side, one large window with two or three small ones down the right side, or quadbox.

I can't verify the credibility of the original poster but here is the closest thing to a legitimate schedule I have seen so far. 

‐----------------------------------------------------------------

"2021 NCAA DIVISION I TELEVISION SCHEDULE

Thursday March 18th
11:00 AM NCAA Wrestling Championship (First Round)        ESPNU
 2:00 PM  NCAA Wrestling Championship (Session 2)           ESPNU
 6:00 PM  NCAA Wrestling Championship (Session 3)           ESPN2
 9:00 PM  NCAA Wrestling Championship (Session 4)           ESPN2
11:30 PM NCAA Wrestling Championship REPEAT                 ESPNU

Friday March 19th
11:00 AM NCAA Wrestling Championship (Quarterfinals)      ESPNU
 3:00 PM  NCAA Wrestling Championship (Session 4)            ESPNU
 8:00 PM NCAA Wrestling Championship (Semifinals)            ESPN 
11:00 PM NCAA Wrestling Championship REPEAT                 ESPNU

Saturday March 20th
11:00 AM NCAA Wrestling Championship (Medal Round)      ESPN2
7:00 PM NCAA Wrestling Championship Finals                        ESPN

ESPN3 Service Will Stream Each Mat Through Out Until the Championship Finals."

On 3/11/2021 at 5:06 PM, ezewrestling4c said:

Well my response was going to be very different until I just checked the upcoming schedule on ESPN again.

Go to their website and watch tab.  Click on schedule and upcoming.  Bottom line is ESPN3 will be streaming all of the mats.  ESPNU showing 1st round and 2nd round highlighted matches.

This is what Friday looks like: (Thursday has nothing but I know they are doing it)

https://www.espn.com/watch/schedule/_/type/upcoming/categoryId/99c32c26-2a57-3ec2-b14c-824684bd2e7f/startDate/20210319

Link to ESPN 3 below - already has the 2021 NCAA Wrestling for all mats listed on the ESPN3 site:

https://www.espn.com/watch/catalog/3e99c57a-516c-385d-9c22-2e40aebc7129#bucketId=29466