Sign in to follow this  
Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Russian nationals 2021 results

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_Russian_National_Freestyle_Wrestling_Championships

Event Gold Silver Bronze
57 kg
details
Dagestan Zaur Uguev Tuva Nachyn Mongush Dagestan Abubakar Mutalimov
North Ossetia – Alania Azamat Tuskaev
61 kg
details
Dagestan Abasgadzhi Magomedov Dagestan Muslim Mekhtikhanov North Ossetia – Alania Chermen Tavitov
Buryatia Aldar Balzhinimaev
65 kg
details
Dagestan Gadzhimurad Rashidov Dagestan Zagir Shakhiev Dagestan Kurban Shiraev
Dagestan Abdulmazhid Kudiev
70 kg
details
Krasnoyarsk Krai Israil Kasumov Buryatia Evgeniy Zherbaev North Ossetia – Alania Chermen Valiev
Leningrad Oblast Abdula Akhmedov
74 kg
details
North Ossetia – Alania Zaurbek Sidakov Dagestan Razambek Zhamalov Dagestan Magomed Kurbanaliev
Dagestan Magomedrasul Gazimagomedov
79 kg
details
Republic of Crimea Malik Shavaev Dagestan Akhmed Usmanov Dagestan Gadzhi Nabiev
North Ossetia – Alania Radik Valiev
86 kg
details
Khanty-Mansi Autonomous Okrug Artur Naifonov Dagestan Dauren Kurugliev Dagestan Magomed Ramazanov
Dagestan Akhmed Gadzhimagomedov
92 kg
details
Dagestan Magomed Kurbanov Kabardino-Balkaria Anzor Urishev North Ossetia – Alania Soslan Ktsoev
Republic of Crimea Azamat Zakuev
97 kg
details
Chechnya Alikhan Zhabrailov North Ossetia – Alania Aslanbek Sotiev North Ossetia – Alania Znaur Kotsiev
North Ossetia – Alania Khokh Khugaev
125 kg
details
Chuvashia Sergey Kozyrev North Ossetia – Alania Atsamaz Tebloev Buryatia Baldan Tsyzhipov
Leningrad Oblast Anzor Khizriev
Edited by Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

3 hours ago, Jon_Kozak said:

Here are the brackets 

Jon,

What do the numbers by the names on the bracket mean?  Is that their seed in the weight class?  If so, why were Naifanov and Kurugliev seeded so low at 86kg?

4 minutes ago, ShakaAloha said:

Jon,

What do the numbers by the names on the bracket mean?  Is that their seed in the weight class?  If so, why were Naifanov and Kurugliev seeded so low at 86kg?

These are mine/Flo's international rankings. So Naifonov was ranked #5 in the world and Kurugliev #4 going into Russian Nationals. Kurugliev won the October 2020 version of Rus Nats so that's why he was ahead going into this tournament. 

34 minutes ago, Jon_Kozak said:

These are mine/Flo's international rankings. So Naifonov was ranked #5 in the world and Kurugliev #4 going into Russian Nationals. Kurugliev won the October 2020 version of Rus Nats so that's why he was ahead going into this tournament. 

Thanks Jon!

Are there any weights that US has more depth than Russia in terms of talent?  86, 125 kg?  Russia seems especially loaded at 65 and 74kg.  

Any plans to rank Shiraev at 65kg for your worlds list anytime soon?  He did pretty well at this tournament and has been on a tear lately.

1 hour ago, ShakaAloha said:

Thanks Jon!

Are there any weights that US has more depth than Russia in terms of talent?  86, 125 kg?  Russia seems especially loaded at 65 and 74kg.  

Any plans to rank Shiraev at 65kg for your worlds list anytime soon?  He did pretty well at this tournament and has been on a tear lately.

Yeah Shiraev was previously ranked top 10 but he competed at 70kg at Russian Nationals back in October. So, he was removed from the rankings then but will go back in next set (that'll come out sometime next week following the Euro OG Qualifier).

We definitely don't have the depth of Russia at any of our weights when it comes to 4 or 5 guys down the line. But after you get past the light weights (57, 61, 65, 70), I think all of USA's back-ups medal at World/Olympics. 

On 3/14/2021 at 1:32 PM, Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_Russian_National_Freestyle_Wrestling_Championships

Event Gold Silver Bronze
57 kg
details
Dagestan Zaur Uguev Tuva Nachyn Mongush Dagestan Abubakar Mutalimov
North Ossetia – Alania Azamat Tuskaev
61 kg
details
Dagestan Abasgadzhi Magomedov Dagestan Muslim Mekhtikhanov North Ossetia – Alania Chermen Tavitov
Buryatia Aldar Balzhinimaev
65 kg
details
Dagestan Gadzhimurad Rashidov Dagestan Zagir Shakhiev Dagestan Kurban Shiraev
Dagestan Abdulmazhid Kudiev
70 kg
details
Krasnoyarsk Krai Israil Kasumov Buryatia Evgeniy Zherbaev North Ossetia – Alania Chermen Valiev
Leningrad Oblast Abdula Akhmedov
74 kg
details
North Ossetia – Alania Zaurbek Sidakov Dagestan Razambek Zhamalov Dagestan Magomed Kurbanaliev
Dagestan Magomedrasul Gazimagomedov
79 kg
details
Republic of Crimea Malik Shavaev Dagestan Akhmed Usmanov Dagestan Gadzhi Nabiev
North Ossetia – Alania Radik Valiev
86 kg
details
Khanty-Mansi Autonomous Okrug Artur Naifonov Dagestan Dauren Kurugliev Dagestan Magomed Ramazanov
Dagestan Akhmed Gadzhimagomedov
92 kg
details
Dagestan Magomed Kurbanov Kabardino-Balkaria Anzor Urishev North Ossetia – Alania Soslan Ktsoev
Republic of Crimea Azamat Zakuev
97 kg
details
Chechnya Alikhan Zhabrailov North Ossetia – Alania Aslanbek Sotiev North Ossetia – Alania Znaur Kotsiev
North Ossetia – Alania Khokh Khugaev
125 kg
details
Chuvashia Sergey Kozyrev North Ossetia – Alania Atsamaz Tebloev Buryatia Baldan Tsyzhipov
Leningrad Oblast Anzor Khizriev

Do you have past brackets Radik...maybe back to 2008?!? I know you posted them years ago but I could not find them...

On 3/15/2021 at 12:06 AM, 2td3nf said:

Abdullah, did you give Rashidov his nickname?   :D

Nicknamed the All-American killer, Rashidov holds an undefeated 5-0 record against American wrestlers, who combine fifteen All-American honors and nine NCAA Division I National titles.[3]

no, some americans fix my pages i guess. Rashidov's page is mine, but i didnt do that. idk who gave him this nickname, it began after his victory over Logan at the 2017 world.

Edited by Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Sidakov had a more difficult time winning this tourney than I would have expected.  Won the final 2-2. 

And Sadulaev did not even show up.  I would guess his spot is pretty secure, or he was scared of getting hurt or something. 

mspart

5 hours ago, Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin said:

did Rashdov beat Oliver??? what? 

I was making funny American joke. Steiber beat Oliver then Ramos in the NCAA finals in 2012 and 2013. The 2012 victory over Oliver was so controversial that they changed the rules the next year. The 2013 victory over Ramos had a controversial call that went for Steiber on the video review. Some people say Steiber shouldn't have won the 2012 match vs Oliver because the call was so bad. 

6 hours ago, GranbyTroll said:

I was making funny American joke. Steiber beat Oliver then Ramos in the NCAA finals in 2012 and 2013. The 2012 victory over Oliver was so controversial that they changed the rules the next year. The 2013 victory over Ramos had a controversial call that went for Steiber on the video review. Some people say Steiber shouldn't have won the 2012 match vs Oliver because the call was so bad. 

Ignorant comment on your part.   The rules in 2012 were the rules at that time.   It was the correct call in 2012.

As far as the StIEber/Ramos match goes, even if Ramos had gotten the call,  I believe StIEber still would have figured out a way to win.  We'll  never know, because the referees made the call, and that's what they're there for...to officiate the match as best they can.

Nine years and counting.  Will the crying never end?

15 hours ago, TheOhioState said:

Nine years and counting.  Will the crying never end?

If he was anything but a 4x'er then yes it would have ended eight years ago. But Stieber is forever cemented in the history books with one extremely large asterisk (two if you're an OkSt or Oliver fan)

On 3/17/2021 at 1:38 AM, GranbyTroll said:

Rashidov teched Ramos at the Yarygin 

On 3/14/2021 at 4:03 PM, GranbyTroll said:

image.png.e2d73976d2cb01b959a899dfaa539808.png

So we're officially not counting the "wins" against Jordan Oliver and Tony Ramos? Don't worry guys, I fixed it. 

EDIT: fixed the picture. 

Logan had Ramos beat even if Ramos got takedown.  

Logan also justly beat JO.  Takedowns weren't called as quick back then.  Sasso was in better position than Oliver and Sasso didnt get 2 either. 

Logan is far too disrespected

On 3/16/2021 at 4:38 PM, GranbyTroll said:

even if Ramos got 2 Steiber would have won.. rewatch match and do match.

At the time the failure of the ref to call a to was no worse than not giving Sasso 2.  Connor did not have control of sassos head.