Welcome1

Impressive Iowa

3 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

No. Learn to read. 

Methinks my reading comprehension isn't an issue.  It seems the learning issue resulting in our miscommunications stems from your inability to do simple math.

Let me help you:  1 class, 2 classes or  even 3.1415926535897932384626433 classes still don't change the 9.9.  

Any which way you slice it, "theoretically" or not, the 9.9 stays in 100% affect.  

Now, if Lugo would have stayed, you would have an argument.  But, since EVERY ONE of the guys wrestling for Iowa still have eligibility next season, you have NO leg to stand on!

It's true that the number of athletic scholarships is constant, but the number of wrestlers is not. Even fully funded teams, there must be wrestlers--some starters and most backups-- who are not on full rides. If you can keep some of your partially funded guys for longer, it's an advantage. I am not saying it's an unfair advantage, but it would help.

7 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Should have waited a week to make this post then

Chill out. I'm not trying to jynx you. There are no jinxes in wrestling. PSU isn't going to challenge and neither is anyone else. You have 10 guys who are all going to score multiple points and 5 hammers who will bonus big.  

G

For Pete's sake you are Iowa, act like you have been there before.

3 minutes ago, Welcome1 said:

Chill out. I'm not trying to jynx you. There are no jinxes in wrestling. PSU isn't going to challenge and neither is anyone else. You have 10 guys who are all going to score multiple points and 5 hammers who will bonus big.  

G

For Pete's sake you are Iowa, act like you have been there before.

OK Tbar.

I'm not Iowa.

37 minutes ago, NJDan said:

It's true that the number of athletic scholarships is constant, but the number of wrestlers is not. Even fully funded teams, there must be wrestlers--some starters and most backups-- who are not on full rides. If you can keep some of your partially funded guys for longer, it's an advantage. I am not saying it's an unfair advantage, but it would help.

Well if you aren't following the rules it is but since most everyone (of importance) is doing it then its ok as long as you don't get caught, just ask Lance.  

42 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Hmm....but is that EXACTLY what Iowa would say if they were trying to throw us off their scent?

LOL.  I'm the one that's been saying I think PSU can actually win without it being considered a massive collapse from Iowa.   

More likely...Iowa wins by 20 or so and Tbar comes in here talking about how it was still a disappointing showing and they should've won by 50.

Edited by 1032004

3 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

LOL.  I'm the one that's been saying I think PSU can actually win without it being considered a massive collapse from Iowa.   

More likely...Iowa wins by 20 or so and Tbar comes in here talking about how it was still a disappointing showing and they should've won by 50.

Nice try.  Lets look at the evidence.  Your user name is "1032004".

What letter does 1 COINCIDENTALLY resemble?  A capital I.

0 is obviously similar to O.  So we're at IO.

What is a 3 but a sideways W?  IOW.

Finally, 2004.  The UN designated the year 2004 as the "International Year of Rice."  What State produces the most rice in the US?  That's right, Arkansas.  What is the first letter in Arkansas?  Right again, it's A.

Nice try, Coach Brands.

1 hour ago, VakAttack said:

Finally, 2004.  The UN designated the year 2004 as the "International Year of Rice."  What State produces the most rice in the US?  That's right, Arkansas.  What is the first letter in Arkansas?  Right again, it's A.

Nice try, Coach Brands.

Whose Line Is It Anyway? segways

Edited by MSU158

44 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Nice try, Coach Brands.

magnificent

48 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Nice try, Coach Brands.

This was good!

2 hours ago, VakAttack said:

Nice try, Coach Brands.

In his younger days VAK invented the Enigma machine, well done!

4 hours ago, VakAttack said:

It gets deeper...

1 B1G10(2015 Co-champs) 3x NCAA champs(2008-2010) 2004 Olympic Freestyle Coach

5 hours ago, VakAttack said:

Nice try, Coach Brands.

1*VNBczmh4TbLGDr1OwKRuNA.gif

Carl drafted Andrew Long and Cyler Sanderson from ISU.   Definitely wouldn't have won his first title without Long. Of course,  he lost four points when he ran Bubba off.

Weren’t there other HS recruits that changed their commitment from ISU to PSU when Cael made his move?

13 hours ago, NJDan said:

It amazes me when kids go to school not offering schollies when other schools ARE offering schollies (although I did it myself because I was young and stupid). 

6 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

Carl drafted Andrew Long and Cyler Sanderson from ISU.   Definitely wouldn't have won his first title without Long. Of course,  he lost four points when he ran Bubba off.

Yeah, but if Cael hadn't run off Bubba we wouldn't have had the drama we enjoyed when he pinned Taylor :D 

11 hours ago, VakAttack said:

Nice try, Coach Brands.

Damn, that's some Q-anon type math there! 

3 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

I checked out penn states roster from 2009-2010 to see who may have followed him to PSU.   Wow the makeup of that roster changed! They were over 2/3 Pa guys that year. Now they are a little more than 1/3.

I blame that dastardly Tom Brands.  Not satisfied with shooting wabbits on campus, he's lately been doing some heavy poaching in Pennsylvania.

image.png.1ac2e9de659fabc032c3af3dd69b050e.png