Sign in to follow this  
SignificantACCBias

Biggest first round upset?

Alright, what upset from the first round will we all be talking about tomorrow afternoon?

Here's the 21st and lower seeds that I having winning in R1:

26 Jackson Turley (Romero)

25 Yahya Thomas (Abas)

24 Rocky Jordan (Kent)

22 Kennedy Monday (Amine)

21 Marcus Coleman (Davison)

21 Peyton Hall (Keating)

125 lbs -- Micah Roes takes out #3 seed Brandon Courtney.

Probably not gonna happen.  But I like Roes and there are generally a few guys at the lower weights who have a case of scale flu.

Kennedy Monday might tech Amine. 

133: Mario Guillen over Madrigal

141: Erin over Sherman; Woods over WIllits

165: Monday over Amine

197: Shaw over Sloan; Coleman over Davison

Overall, I have a ton of upsets with so many wrestlers having few matches throughout the year.

To pick one... I'll go with Nathan Traxler (26) over Ethan Laird (7) at 285lbs.  Laird has better wins this year.  Traxler is 2-0 against Laird and has a better historic record against similar competition.

10 minutes ago, jross said:

To pick one... I'll go with Nathan Traxler (26) over Ethan Laird (7) at 285lbs.  Laird has better wins this year.  Traxler is 2-0 against Laird and has a better historic record against similar competition.

I don't think that match is happening. Traxler (25) is going against Jordan Wood according to the bracket I'm looking at.

12 minutes ago, jross said:

Army heavyweight the 23 seed got COVID so the bracket changed Traxler is now the 25 seed and wrestling Jordan Wood first match 

55 minutes ago, DanGerMan said:

I don't think that match is happening. Traxler (25) is going against Jordan Wood according to the bracket I'm looking at.

54 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Army heavyweight the 23 seed got COVID so the bracket changed Traxler is now the 25 seed and wrestling Jordan Wood first match 

Thanks!  The NCAA Wrestling Championship app still shows the old bracket...  

1 hour ago, DanGerMan said:

Poor Traxler...so Woods will beat Traxler... but (21) Tate Orndorff (OHST) will beat (12) Christian Lance (Neb).

20 hours ago, jdalu75 said:

125 lbs -- Micah Roes takes out #3 seed Brandon Courtney.

Probably not gonna happen.  But I like Roes and there are generally a few guys at the lower weights who have a case of scale flu.

That certainly didn't age well:

Brandon Courtney wins by MD (18-7) over Micah Roes

56 minutes ago, Bronco said:

That certainly didn't age well:

Brandon Courtney wins by MD (18-7) over Micah Roes

Lmao don't try to roast people for picking an upset wrong--they're usually going to be wrong, that's why it's an upset. He even said he didn't expect it to happen. 

15 minutes ago, SignificantACCBias said:

Lmao don't try to roast people for picking an upset wrong--they're usually going to be wrong, that's why it's an upset. He even said he didn't expect it to happen. 

The fact that you would characterize what I wrote as "roasting" is simply absurd.  Instead of offering uninvited and ridiculous "advice" to others why not concentrate on working on yourself.

15 minutes ago, Bronco said:

The fact that you would characterize what I wrote as "roasting" is simply absurd.  Instead of offering uninvited and ridiculous "advice" to others why not concentrate on working on yourself.

Your whole post was meant to mock that dude for having the balls to pick a 30 seed to win. Now go away

37 minutes ago, SignificantACCBias said:

Your whole post was meant to mock that dude for having the balls to pick a 30 seed to win. Now go away

Welcome to the internet my friend. The whole point is to mock people for making ridiculous picks.