Housebuye

NCAAs 2021 - Session 1

31 minutes ago, NJDan said:

It seems that ESPN plus gives a choice of mats, but does not say who is on them. Does anyone know how to track it.

Maybe it's just better to watch ESPNU on TV and let them choose.

I went to ESPN+ and chose the multiview, then chose Hulu as my provider, and am ow watching the multiview in ESPN.  8 matches on one screen with the scores, etc.  

35 minutes ago, NJDan said:

It seems that ESPN plus gives a choice of mats, but does not say who is on them. Does anyone know how to track it.

Maybe it's just better to watch ESPNU on TV and let them choose.

I have the multiview up in one window (on computer) showing all the matches. Using the to decide which matches to open up in other windows.

Just now, lu_alum said:

they appear to be in the first row of the bleachers.

I see that with this mat (6) but with 5 the ref was basically yelling at a tv screen behind the curtain. I think he was looking up though- perhaps on one side of the arena they are elevated.

Just now, gimpeltf said:

I see that with this mat (6) but with 5 the ref was basically yelling at a tv screen behind the curtain. I think he was looking up though- perhaps on one side of the arena they are elevated.

Also, since we were watching the review process- my understanding from speaking to Kessel is that even last year before the shutdown, reviews were being done from some smoke-filled back room (I added the smoke-filled part). The ref was on the phone as they reviewed.

25 minutes ago, Giovanni said:

Couldn't find it in Track, does anybody know where updated brackets/results can be found?

Look under events,  not list on the main page.  Does have the live feed. No live on arena.flow that I can tell. 

7 minutes ago, Voice_of_the_Quakers said:

So long as its not the same ref - they almost never reverse their own calls, no matter the evidence.

I don't have stats on it from the last few years but I kept track at EIWAs for a few years (maybe 3-4 years back) and they reversed more than you think. I still have the stats from whatever year this was and they overturned 15 of 37. I believe that year all were by the official but I can't remember. Of the 15 6 were ref requested. 4 of the other 22 were ref requested.

Also, unless the ref was calling himself on the phone and running to the back room- I'm guessing it's someone else. And when I spoke with Kessel they had decided ALL reviews were done by separate reviewers regardless of who asked.

Edited by gimpeltf

12 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

PSU looking good. They need a lot more to go right, but Howard winning could be huge. He has a path to AA now

PSU announcer would have gone bonkers if they slapped the mat in that match. 

Lee wins 18-0 in the first period. Yikes!