Sign in to follow this  
Antitroll2828

Upset thread

#22 Gullien over #11 madrigal ...apparently his big 12 tournament magic is all used up 

#20 Sullivan over #13 Redding

#18 Burwick pins #15 Schwartz 

#20 Courtney over #13 Loren 

#21 Woods over #12 Willits

Edited by Antitroll2828

Just now, Housebuye said:

Man what a win for Valdiviez. 

Looks like a TD and backers......went up 6-0, then got an escape to go up 7-0. You spot most any wrestler a 7-0 lead, unless your name is Spencer, you likely aren't going to come back and win. 

1 minute ago, uncle bernard said:

He's money at the big dance. Got in as an alternate a couple years ago and showed up and beat Dylan Duncan and Korbin Myers on the backside.

I remember that he had like 1 day notice to make weight even though his season had been over for almost 2 weeks 

2 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

Our first inflated Mizzou seed goes down. 

The first of many, I expect.

I understand that the seeding committee applies an algorithm that uses undefeated records, conference championships, etc. to assist them, but man, a 2nd - 5th place guy in the B1G should probably be ranked ahead of the MAC champion most of the time. Especially in a shortened season with limited competition. Sorry, but it's just the truth. 

Edited by Le duke

9 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

Our first inflated Mizzou seed goes down. 

He was 2-0 against him this season. That was a true upset, not a seeding issue. 

He still may have been seeded to high (I think he isn’t the #7 wrestler in the nation), but this doesn’t prove that

1 minute ago, Crotalus said:

I mean, he's beaten that guy twice this year, including by MD at the MAC championships. He just wrestled like ****.

Still seeded too high. No way a 2nd place MAC dude should be in the top 8.

3 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

He was 2-0 against him this season. That was a true upset, not a seeding issue. 

He still may have been seeded to high (I think he isn’t the #7 wrestler in the nation), but this doesn’t prove that

The individual match result was an upset.  But a guy without a high level win all season being seeded 7 is a seeding issue.  

6 minutes ago, Crotalus said:

I mean, he's beaten that guy twice this year, including by MD at the MAC championships. He just wrestled like ****.

Where the weigh-ins this morning? Maybe the cut and quick match after weigh-ins?