NJDan

Stanford at NCAAs

What's with the all-black singlets? Is that a form of protest about cancelling the program?

Also, if they do well, has the university given itself any wiggle room about changing its decision?

2 hours ago, NJDan said:

What's with the all-black singlets? Is that a form of protest about cancelling the program?

Also, if they do well, has the university given itself any wiggle room about changing its decision?

Been doing it all season. 

And their performance at NCAAs will have no bearing on Stanford admin's decision.  They are doing all they can and it sounds like Stanford is not budging.  Would like to see them go out with some AA's. 

1 hour ago, jp157 said:

I wonder when more than 3 people will realize that if we add women’s wrestling WE can be making the equity lawsuits instead of just continuously whining

Sure but doesn't have anything to do with Stanford situation.

2 hours ago, Hey Now said:

And their performance at NCAAs will have no bearing on Stanford admin's decision.  They are doing all they can and it sounds like Stanford is not budging.  Would like to see them go out with some AA's. 

Your comment that "Stanford is not budging" is true as far as it goes.  However the truth of the matter is the Stanford admins simply don't give a damn.   They set out to eliminate a bunch of Olympic sports for reasons only they know (can you say Academicians with an Anti-Sports agenda?).    The Stanford wrestling supporters raised over 12 million to self-fund the men's wrestling program and the Stanford admins basically just shrugged their shoulders and said..........................SOOOOOOOOOOOOO???

4 hours ago, Bronco said:

They are refusing to wear singlets (or anything) that has STANFORD printed on it.

I absolutely despise their administration & what they've done but their wrestlers will wear what the university says. I imagine they're letting them have their protest so to speak but the administration is still a bunch of low lifes.

Specifically recall CSU Bakersfield's wrestlers wearing identically-colored singlets (may have been the exact same singlets) after their administration announced they were dropping the program, including IN FRONT OF THE UNIVERSITY PRESIDENT! That said, the University President ended up overturning that decision, and kept the program.

3 hours ago, jp157 said:

I wonder when more than 3 people will realize that if we add women’s wrestling WE can be making the equity lawsuits instead of just continuously whining

I wish more people understood this to be true

8 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

I wish more people understood this to be true

I personally think 90+% of the wrestling community doesn’t like to think big picture unless it’s to whine. 

Wrestling is capable of and sometimes is the most “inclusive” sport -“and instead of capitalizing idiots squawk bout da purity and they wanna single division state and singlets only

I personally think 90+% of the wrestling community doesn’t like to think big picture unless it’s to whine. 

Wrestling is capable of and sometimes is the most “inclusive” sport -“and instead of capitalizing idiots squawk bout da purity and they wanna single division state and singlets only
Ninety percent if the wrestling community in the USA thinks NCAA's are the ultimate achievement in wrestling.

Most fans have never heard of Busavar Satiev or Alex Medved.

They think Cael is the best wrestler of all time.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

33 minutes ago, cjc007 said:

Ninety percent if the wrestling community in the USA thinks NCAA's are the ultimate achievement in wrestling.

Most fans have never heard of Busavar Satiev or Alex Medved.

They think Cael is the best wrestler of all time.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

One of the biggest advocates for girls wrestling and doing things for big picture health of sport I’ve ever met.. was a southern weight lifting teacher who never wrestled freestyle or after high school. 

Knowing or not knowing some old history facts is only tangential to looking at the big picture of the current situation