Sign in to follow this  
NJDan

Mekhi's shoulder pad

1 minute ago, gimpeltf said:

I'm sure the officials deemed it ok.

Of course it was deemed OK. But that does not mean it hurts his opponents ability to tie up or whatever. I don't know; just a question. Of course, the injury itself certainly hurts Mekhi.

Just now, NJDan said:

Of course it was deemed OK. But that does not mean it hurts his opponents ability to tie up or whatever. I don't know; just a question. Of course, the injury itself certainly hurts Mekhi.

The point is that the officials don't think so.

8 minutes ago, Fletcher said:

This is what I keep saying about Spencer Lee's 5 lb. knee brace (apparently he has two now). They should be allowed to wear these devices, as long as they weigh in with them on.

I think they are different. A knee brace doesn't stop anyone from grabbing the leg. It looks to me like Mekhi's shoulder device MIGHT make it hard to tie up or put in a half nelson.

I’ve always thought the worst medical equipment I’ve seen on the mat was Grant Leeth’s neck brace. The thing was absolutely massive. I never understood how it wasn’t an unfair advantage because with something that large around your neck I’m not sure how someone could collar tie effectively.

6 minutes ago, NJDan said:

I think they are different. A knee brace doesn't stop anyone from grabbing the leg. It looks to me like Mekhi's shoulder device MIGHT make it hard to tie up or put in a half nelson.

For Lee they have to grab double the circumference.

2 minutes ago, goheels1812 said:

I’ve always thought the worst medical equipment I’ve seen on the mat was Grant Leeth’s neck brace. The thing was absolutely massive. I never understood how it wasn’t an unfair advantage because with something that large around your neck I’m not sure how someone could collar tie effectively.

Also an injury risk for the opponent?

12 minutes ago, goheels1812 said:

It seems if you need a serious neck brace, maybe you should not be wrestling.