Sign in to follow this  
go_rines12

Why did Brian Andrews get DQ'D

Admittedly, I never made an NCAA championship.  However, in all of my biggest tournaments, where I was overmatched, I would always put it out there just in case I was able to pull of that big move.  DQ due to stalls?  At the NCAAs?  Anyone else have a general sense of "what the heck"?

20 minutes ago, treep2000 said:

Admittedly, I never made an NCAA championship.  However, in all of my biggest tournaments, where I was overmatched, I would always put it out there just in case I was able to pull of that big move.  DQ due to stalls?  At the NCAAs?  Anyone else have a general sense of "what the heck"?

It happened in an NCCAA Finals match in 1979 - Mark Lieberman Lehigh vs Bud Palmer Iowa -.although that one took 5:43

Williams looked like he had only one gear and that gear was REVERSE

He did absolutely nothing other than back up..................over and over and over again.  Schultz looked like he had nothing but contempt for Williams.

2 hours ago, treep2000 said:

Kid who wrestled for me won by a stall DQ in a collegiate national tournament, and it was over another all-American.  I think maybe consolation semis ?  Befuddling.

DQ on stalls is in the same vicinity of having a case of the HEW.  If your body just gives up and you can't move, just MFF.  

Such a crazy notion that someone had worked much of their teenage and early 20's mastering their craft only to get DQ'd because of lack of action.

Wrestlers are human beings. Sometimes our body and brain conspire against us and we do things that we wouldn't otherwise if we were feeling right or thinking right. It's odd when someone stalls out at this level, but I'm inclined to have compassion for the guy.