Sign in to follow this  
rodneydeeeee

Penn STATE

It seems like everyone ditched their own respective teams to become a Dake fan and point out that he is better than Taylor. Is that the only argument you guys can win? Honestly.

I'm not talking about some credible posters, but some of the garbage that people post is ridiculous. Dake is good, OK. Guess what, Penn State as a whole is better. So what if we think Ed Ruth is better. He is. Who cares if we still think David Taylor has a shot to beat him. He does. Go scream Dake some more cause that's your only line of defense.

I'm sorry, I don't care if you wrestle 1 time, 4 times, or 24 times, 1 point win ALWAYS has the ability to be flipped.

It seems like everyone ditched their own respective teams to become a Dake fan and point out that he is better than Taylor. Is that the only argument you guys can win? Honestly.

I'm not talking about some credible posters, but some of the garbage that people post is ridiculous. Dake is good, OK. Guess what, Penn State as a whole is better. So what if we think Ed Ruth is better. He is. Who cares if we still think David Taylor has a shot to beat him. He does. Go scream Dake some more cause that's your only line of defense.

I'm sorry, I don't care if you wrestle 1 time, 4 times, or 24 times, 1 point win ALWAYS has the ability to be flipped.

And the pot is calling the kettle black. :roll:

Well it hasnt in 3 matches

Well it hasnt in 3 matches

So you probably believe Perry will never beat Hendricks, or that Pendleton is decidly better than Askren.

Pendleton was better than Askren and he proved it

Hendricks was better than Perry and he proved it. Every dog has his day. 1 loss vs 4 wins You tell me who is better

Mokoma you are an idiot

Listen, I have never once said that Dake is not better than Taylor right now. I think Dake is, but do I think Taylor is close enough he could win on any given day in any given style? Yes I do think that.

I hope they meet many more times.

I don't think that PSU is any more likeable than Iowa or OK state after this season. Thanks, Fargo, but I'll stay a Syracuse fan in the fall. Most of the teams I support are horrible (Knicks, JEts, etc.), but what do you do when you lose your program? Maybe Binghamton or NC State.

I like PSU because they keep Iowa from winning it. To me, they are more likable than Minn or OKie State. I'd prob prefer OU, but I don't really have a team.

I like PSU because of Cael ... Simple as that. When he left ISU, and started at PSU, I was sold. Love the guy.

PSU

Oregon State

OKS State

Minny

Wrestled at WSU. (kinda sucked) Alas .... No more. Was a huge Washington Husky fan ... Again .. GONE.

Hendricks was better than Perry and he proved it. Every dog has his day. 1 loss vs 4 wins You tell me who is better

Mokoma you are an idiot

Listen, I have never once said that Dake is not better than Taylor right now. I think Dake is, but do I think Taylor is close enough he could win on any given day in any given style? Yes I do think that.

Dake went 3-0 against Taylor this season and is now done wrestling Folkstyle after winning his fourth consecutive national title. I think at this point there is zero question at this point that Dake is better than Taylor. None. Dake is one of the best wrestlers in the history of the sport. Taylor will, at best, have a legacy similar to Varner's and at worst similar to McDonough's. A great, one of the best in the decade guys. But a huge step below Dake.

Mokoma you are an idiot

Dake went 3-0 against Taylor this season and is now done wrestling Folkstyle after winning his fourth consecutive national title. I think at this point there is zero question at this point that Dake is better than Taylor. None. Dake is one of the best wrestlers in the history of the sport. Taylor will, at best, have a legacy similar to Varner's and at worst similar to McDonough's. A great, one of the best in the decade guys. But a huge step below Dake.

Oh yea....HUGE step below. They don't even belong on the same mat. :roll:

Is Dake "better"? Yes. Is your last statement ridiculously over-exaggerated? Also yes.

PA Fan - In terms of legacy in the sport, I agree that Taylor is a few steps below Dake. Dake's legacy speaks for itself - and the fact that he (allegedly) went up in weight his senior year for the challenge of beating Taylor adds to his legacy, and speaks volumes about Taylor as well.

But, the fact remains that Taylor will only be a 2x champion when all is said and done. I think he would probably rank as one of the top two greatest 2x champions of all time (along with Gable). That's pretty good company.

Oh yea....HUGE step below. They don't even belong on the same mat. :roll:

Is Dake "better"? Yes. Is your last statement ridiculously over-exaggerated? Also yes.

Do you believe that guys like Varner and McDonough are not a big step below Sanderson and Smith? Guys like that come along a few times a decade. Guys like Dake and Sanderson come along once a generation. When all is said and done Taylor will be a great college wrestler, but at his best he'll have a college career no better than Varner. There is no way you can't say that is a step below Dake. 4 time finalists are rare. 4 time champions are legendary.

This isn't a knock on Taylor - Varner is a hell of a wrestler and being in that company is a huge accomplishment. It isn't about Taylor not being good, it's about Dake being otherworldly.