Just now, Antitroll2828 said:

This guy deserves a thread...33 seed ..added as a injury replacement, wrestling with a bum knee all year , had to win a pigtail and now he’s an AA assuming Berge forfeits , congrats to him as I think this is his last year 

Report was planning to have knee surgery on Tues, then got the call.

Love it. He wasn’t particularly good when he first got to OSU, and has steadily improved. Sure, luck has fallen his way this tournament, but he won when he needed to and will now AA. 

Happy for him and his dad. Pretty cool to see your son AA, especially when you know what it takes. 

25 minutes ago, PSUSMC said:

Carl said he's drilling downstairs right now

What is Berge's injury?

Any chance that Cael asks him to give it a go, knowing that the team title is still a possibility, AA is on the line, and the guy he is facing is just as beat up as he is?

Just now, ShakaAloha said:

What is Berge's injury?

Any chance that Cael asks him to give it a go, knowing that the team title is still a possibility, AA is on the line, and the guy he is facing is just as beat up as he is?

Considering they carried him off the mat, there is little to no chance he wrestles 

11 minutes ago, ShakaAloha said:

What is Berge's injury?

He probably has a bucket handle tear, a full tear of the meniscus 

2 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

He probably has a bucket handle tear, a full tear of the meniscus 

Berge should try to wrestle and then injury default the rest of his matches if he beats Sheets.  It would be two guys, both with a bad knee, wrestling one another for AA.  At least it'd be a fair fight.

6 minutes ago, ShakaAloha said:

Berge should try to wrestle and then injury default the rest of his matches if he beats Sheets.  It would be two guys, both with a bad knee, wrestling one another for AA.  At least it'd be a fair fight.

I don’t think Berge has the same pain tolerance as sheets 

Edited by Antitroll2828

6 minutes ago, HurricaneWrestling2 said:

Ha! You can't diagnosis that without examining him - besides it was obviously an ACL tear.

The way they were moving his knee around it makes more sense than an acl , some people don’t notice when they tear there acl...you always know when the meniscus goes because it’s incredibly painful 

5 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

I don’t think Berge has the same pain tolerance as sheets 

Owen Elzen from Minnesota, Robert Kokech from Nebraska, and Yianni D all kept wrestling the tournament with torn ACL's and AA'd.  It's just one more match against another guy who also has a torn ACL,

3 minutes ago, ShakaAloha said:

Owen Elzen from Minnesota, Robert Kokech from Nebraska, and Yianni D all kept wrestling the tournament with torn ACL's and AA'd.  It's just one more match against another guy who also has a torn ACL,

It’s not Berges ACL and if it is he kind of had a ridiculous reaction to it because I’ve seen a few people tear there’s and they didn’t go down like someone shot them...he probably completely tore his meniscus bc that is incredibly painful and his knee wouldn’t be stable at all 

Edited by Antitroll2828

12 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

The way they were moving his knee around it makes more sense than an acl , some people don’t notice when they tear there acl...you always know when the meniscus goes because it’s incredibly painful 

I completely sheared my meniscus during a complete ACL tear and felt no pain from either one.  No swelling either.  Just a leg that crumbled when I put weight on it. 

5 minutes ago, boconnell said:

I completely sheared my meniscus during a complete ACL tear and felt no pain from either one.  No swelling either.  Just a leg that crumbled when I put weight on it. 

Same. I waited 4 months before having it rebuilt. No pain after the initial shock. Although sometimes I would take a step and it just wouldn't be there and down I'd go.

2 minutes ago, Mphillips said:

Same. I waited 4 months before having it rebuilt. No pain after the initial shock. Although sometimes I would take a step and it just wouldn't be there and down I'd go.

I knew mine was gone right away and got the surgery as soon as I could.  But no pain, only numbness.

3 minutes ago, Mphillips said:

Same again, but I was, 'middle age young' and still unstoppable. LOL

I was 34.  Then I tore the other one without tearing the meniscus earlier this year (just before turning 40).  Without the meniscus tear it was a far easier rehab, even being older and fatter.  I wish I could still feel unstoppable somewhere other than the dinner table.

Edited by boconnell