8 minutes ago, boconnell said:

I knew mine was gone right away and got the surgery as soon as I could.  But no pain, only numbness.

11 minutes ago, Mphillips said:

Same. I waited 4 months before having it rebuilt. No pain after the initial shock. Although sometimes I would take a step and it just wouldn't be there and down I'd go.

Did you tear your Lateral meniscus? Because Berge seemed like a complete tear

Edited by Antitroll2828

1 minute ago, ShakaAloha said:

@Mphillips and @boconnell would it have been possible for you to wrestle 1 match with your torn meniscus?

No for me.  The knee had absolutely no stability without ACL or meniscus.  Maybe if I was a mat wrestler I'd have tried to push through, so maybe that's how Sheets can do it with his knee gone.  He doesn't shoot much whether healthy or hurt.

3 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Did you tear your Lateral meniscus? 

mine was the back of the meniscus.  The ACL tear resulted in the knee hyper extending and when it came back together it completely severed the back 1/3 of the meniscus.  It was a perfect crescent taken off the back of the meniscus and then sewed back together.

Back to Sheets... I’m really happy for the guy and hope he earns AA status. It’s a great story. Plus, I always feel a little bad for those guys who their dad is an all-time great and they kind of have to live in his shadow and have unfair high expectations. Obviously, there’s lot of advantages too so I don’t feel too bad, but there must be a ton of pressure there. 

12 minutes ago, Eagle26 said:

Back to Sheets... I’m really happy for the guy and hope he earns AA status. It’s a great story. Plus, I always feel a little bad for those guys who their dad is an all-time great and they kind of have to live in his shadow and have unfair high expectations. Obviously, there’s lot of advantages too so I don’t feel too bad, but there must be a ton of pressure there. 

Thank you Eagle26, well said. Glad to see someone bring some focus back on the topic at hand, and not get lost in the weeds on whatever tangent we as forum posters may go toward.

I thought there was no way Sheets would AA. He's been pretty disappointing to me so far in his career, but perhaps I had expectations that were too high because of how awesome his daddy was. The boys rarely are as good as their daddies: Dan Chaid/Danny, Mike/Wyatt, Kenny Monday/Kennedy, Mark Perry/Mark Perry (just kidding on that one!). 

Congrats to Wyatt on finally making the podium! Hope this gives him the confidence he needs to keep getting better!

Edited by TobusRex

2 hours ago, boconnell said:

No for me.  The knee had absolutely no stability without ACL or meniscus.  Maybe if I was a mat wrestler I'd have tried to push through, so maybe that's how Sheets can do it with his knee gone.  He doesn't shoot much whether healthy or hurt.

I was wondering why he was wrestling from that ridiculous stance. 

14 hours ago, Show_Me said:

Has an "Alternate" ever AA'd ?

I would like to know if this ever happened before either. It seems pretty rare that alternates even get in, so this could be a first

8 hours ago, Eagle26 said:

I would like to know if this ever happened before either. It seems pretty rare that alternates even get in, so this could be a first

Pretty sure he is the first.

I remember Valdiviez (NE) going to R16 in 2018 but can’t think of any other “Alternates” making this kind of run.