Sign in to follow this  
gary

when is the Hodge announced?

Kyle made Time Magazine this week, who else from Lansing High School is considering CU, I know Koll has 2 kids that wrestle and what happened to Kyle's brother, I heard he is at a local community college that doesn't have a wrestling program.

Re Dake's brother: if it is true he's heading to community college my guess its a "gray shirt". Since Ivy League rules do not allow for a redshirt year, several Cornell wrestles in the past have avoided this rule by first attending a community college and not competing in wrestling at the CC so as not to burn eligiblility. Instead they "practice" at the wrestling club and effectively get a red shirt year. I also believe the way admissions work it's a little easier to "transfer" in rather than get admitted out of HS. Way to skirt the league and school admission standards. Not a violation of any NCAA rule, but certainly skirting the Ivy League rules.

What rules are skirted? You're making a lot of assumptions.

It skirts the no redshirt rule. Assumptions or not, I'm guessing he's right on this one. Much of the Cornell team spends a year at Tompkins Cortland Community College to adjust to college wrestling, get a few credits, and establish In state residency. I guess the third part doesn't apply in this case, but I would assume that's what is going on. Nothing wrong with it.

As for skirting the Ivy league admissions selectivity. No. Cornell is transfer friendly, but you still have to be accepted by Cornell eventually just like people who enroll straight from high school. Attending a community college first does give you a chance to build your grades up if they were less than perfect in highschool though.

Fatoldlion, I am a PSU fan also and wanted Taylor to win...bad, but your post is stupid. The Ivy grayshirt is

" legal" and there is nothing wrong with it.

I would love to see PennState Dubois become the same as the Cornell Ag College but that's not going to happen. Create the Lion Mountain training club/school for kids that dont have the academic requirements to get into Penn State but can still wrestle with Penn State.....

Taylor lost and Dake proved he was better in 3 of 3.

Fatoldlion, I am a PSU fan also and wanted Taylor to win...bad, but your post is stupid. The Ivy grayshirt is

" legal" and there is nothing wrong with it.

I would love to see PennState Dubois become the same as the Cornell Ag College but that's not going to happen. Create the Lion Mountain training club/school for kids that dont have the academic requirements to get into Penn State but can still wrestle with Penn State.....

Taylor lost and Dake proved he was better in 3 of 3.

Cornell's Ag school is just as challenging to get accepted to (if not more so) than their Industrial and labor relations school as well as their hotel management to. It also has absolutely nothing to do with the grey shirt.

Why would Penn State Dubois become the same as Cornell's Ag school when Penn State has their own ag school right on campus?...

http://agsci.psu.edu

I feel like some people here don't get that Cornell's ag school is literally a collection of departments at THE cornell.