Mr. Poopy butthole

Marinelli does not AA

3 minutes ago, ShakaAloha said:

Marinelli is going to give it everything he has because his team needs him.  Cam Amine is no slouch, but if this match were on the front side of the Big 10's no one would be giving Amine a chance against the Bull.

They did wrestle on the front side of big tens and marinelli didn’t get a takedown it was 2-0 , 1 escape and a riding time point 

so amine did have a chance 

Edited by Antitroll2828

As a Michigan fan, it seems that they can't get a break.  Mekhi Lewis is out, so Wittlake gets a pass to placement rounds.  Valencia is severely hurt, at least it seems that way to me, and was totally ineffective after the injury.  Cam Amine gets to go up against the #1 seed in an effort to AA.

Oh well, that's life.  I'll be rooting for Amine to advance.

2 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

They did wrestle on the front side of big tens and marinelli didn’t get a takedown it was 2-0 , 1 escape and a riding time point 

so amine did have a chance 

How many people were taking Amine to win that match?  Maybe 10%?  It would only be Michigan fans and some Iowa haters.

With that being said, I see your point and think it will be a close match this time around.  The Bull might be all up in his feelings, thus giving Amine the chance to pull the upset.

3 minutes ago, kionga said:

As a Michigan fan, it seems that they can't get a break.  Mekhi Lewis is out, so Wittlake gets a pass to placement rounds.  Valencia is severely hurt, at least it seems that way to me, and was totally ineffective after the injury.  Cam Amine gets to go up against the #1 seed in an effort to AA.

Oh well, that's life.  I'll be rooting for Amine to advance.

Same for me as a Tar Heel fan. We have 3 guys in the blood round.

Zach Sherman gets 5 seed Demas

Clay Lautt gets 4 seed Labriola

Devin Kane gets 7 seed Brit Wilson (no complaints on that one)

Unlucky for Sherman and Lautt, though.

Edited by goheels1812

1 minute ago, goheels1812 said:

Wilson is tough.  He gave Hidlay all he could handle in the quarters.  

1 minute ago, ShakaAloha said:

How many people were taking Amine to win that match?  Maybe 10%?  It would only be Michigan fans and some Iowa haters.

With that being said, I see your point and think it will be a close match this time around.  The Bull might be all up in his feelings, thus giving Amine the chance to pull the upset.

I mean I’ve been saying marinelli is overrated for like 3 years, he is really really good but not elite , and he’s constantly talked about like he is elite, he doesn’t bonus top 20 guys, he rarely ever wins a big match by more than 1 or 2 , so when you are leaving guys in the match all the time you are going to drop a few ..

I didn’t pick amine to beat marnelli bc I had never seen him wrestle but I’ve always thought it’s possible someone finally lands a takedown on him and steals one 

personally I think he ll get by amine based on his riding ability but I could definitely see him dropping one to wittlake the round after and taking 7th

Just now, ShakaAloha said:

Wilson is tough.  He gave Hidlay all he could handle in the quarters.  

For sure. I was saying no complaints there because facing a 7 seed in the blood round is expected as a 22 seed. Kane actually gave Hidlay a great match in the ACC semis (he lost 5-4) so I think we will wrestle Wilson well. 

3 minutes ago, goheels1812 said:

Kane made the blood round as the 33 two years ago right?

demas wrestles a lot of close matches, Sherman should be right in the match 

Just now, Antitroll2828 said:

I mean I’ve been saying marinelli is overrated for like 3 years, he is really really good but not elite , and he’s constantly talked about like he is elite, he doesn’t bonus top 20 guys, he rarely ever wins a big match by more than 1 or 2 , so when you are leaving guys in the match all the time you are going to drop a few ..

I didn’t pick amine to beat marnelli bc I had never seen him wrestle but I’ve always thought it’s possible someone finally lands a takedown on him and steals one 

personally I think he ll get by amine based on his riding ability but I could definitely see him dropping one to wittlake the round after and taking 7th

Agree with you 100%.   Marinelli is a really good, tough wrestler but he gets too much hype and credit.  He has had a great career even if he never wins another match but he is not an all-timer.

Just now, Antitroll2828 said:

Kane made the blood round as the 33 two years ago right?

demas wrestles a lot of close matches, Sherman should be right in the match 

Yes he did. Kane is a gamer when the lights are on. He takes some weird losses during the season sometimes, but when he gets to March he’s pretty solid. 

As for Sherman I think Demas is the worst kind of match up for him. He doesn’t handle athletic throwers well. Tariq Wilson tossed him around pretty good in the ACC finals. Sherman is tough for sure though. I’ll be hoping for the best tonight.

1 minute ago, goheels1812 said:

Yes he did. Kane is a gamer when the lights are on. He takes some weird losses during the season sometimes, but when he gets to March he’s pretty solid. 

As for Sherman I think Demas is the worst kind of match up for him. He doesn’t handle athletic throwers well. Tariq Wilson tossed him around pretty good in the ACC finals. Sherman is tough for sure though. I’ll be hoping for the best tonight.

Demas is known as a thrower but he really hasn’t thrown many people since his freshman year , noticeably in big matches he clams up at times 

6 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Find me one post, literally anywhere, where anybody calls Marinelli an all-time great.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

image.gif.2b01fb176bd77e9e0f8c7fb3bc26e33a.gif

All-time Hawk great Marianelli had a tough day today.  He'll shake it off and be back next year.

image.gif

10 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Find me one post, literally anywhere, where anybody calls Marinelli an all-time great.

Half the big ten announcers,Jim Gibbons definitely  ..... half the people in wrestling media act like the guy is Kyle dake  

Edited by Antitroll2828

Half the big ten announcers,Jim Gibbons definitely  ..... half the people in wrestling media act like the guy is Kyle dake  
They talk about him no differently than they talk about Nick Lee. It's a narrative within your own mind. He's a great wrestler, but not some.next level star.

1 minute ago, VakAttack said:

They talk about him no differently than they talk about Nick Lee. It's a narrative within your own mind. He's a great wrestler, but not some.next level star.

Disagree with this.  They also don't pan the camera to Nick Lee's girlfriend all the time like they do with Moriah.

Disagree with this.  They also don't pan the camera to Nick Lee's girlfriend all the time like they do with Moriah.

Ok, but what does that have to do with the price of tea in China? It's an unusual human interest story both because she works for the team and because of her brother/Marinelli's friend.

They don't show her and then start waxing about how she's supported him into being the greatest Hawkeye of all time. It's annoying, but what is she supposed to do, Not support her husband?

3 minutes ago, ShakaAloha said:

Idk, maybe Moriah has a bit more interesting story and also is very good looking. Either way, your point is completely irrelevant.