Mr. Poopy butthole

Marinelli does not AA

2 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Ok, but what does that have to do with the price of tea in China? It's an unusual human interest story both because she works for the team and because of her brother/Marinelli's friend.

They don't show her and then start waxing about how she's supported him into being the greatest Hawkeye of all time. It's annoying, but what is she supposed to do, Not support her husband?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Of course she should support her husband.  But the Big 10 network gives Alex far too much hype and screen time considering he has never been in an NCAA final or placed in the top-5 of the NCAA tournament.  This is why people cheer against him.

11 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

They talk about him no differently than they talk about Nick Lee. It's a narrative within your own mind. He's a great wrestler, but not some.next level star.

Nick Lee the guy none of the big ten announcers picked to win big ten?... like when they were falling all over themselves for pletcher last season 

that being said nick Lee is now in his second NCAA semi and has outplaced Marnelli twice 

1 minute ago, ShakaAloha said:

Of course she should support her husband.  But the Big 10 network gives Alex far too much hype and screen time considering he has never been in an NCAA final or placed in the top-5 of the NCAA tournament.  This is why people cheer against him.

No. That's Iowa.

2 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Nick Lee the guy none of the big ten announcers picked to win big ten?... like when they were falling all over themselves for pletcher last season 

that being said nick Lee is now in his second NCAA semi and has outplaced Marnelli twice 

How did he do in those big tens tho hahaha. Sounds like they are just making good picks to me.

Again, you keep saying this without any examples of them blowing him up differently than any other successful wrestler. They don't treat him like he's Spencer or Gable, and repeating it over and over again doesn't make it so. They talk about him the same way they talk about, say, Pletcher and Lee last year. Or Roman Bravo-Young this year. I watch every single Iowa.match, they do not treat him as "special." They don't spend other matches talking about him. They hype him up, in and pre-match, the way they do everybody on his relative level. For example on this year's team, they didn't act like he was better than Eierman or Kemerer.

Just now, Antitroll2828 said:

Ok bratke ..don’t you have some division 3 football you need to be covering 

Sure... you made a dumb comment. Own it. Lee was lucky to even be in the finals in the Big10s and you are upset people thought he would lose.... even tho they were right. 

Did they all pick Marinelli to win last year? No, because there was equivalent competition. Again, self-created context-free narrative.

But thank you for acknowledging Pletcher, who also got the same type of treatment...which is to. say acknowledgment of being excellent without treating him as if he was a.next level, historic talent.

3 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Again, you keep saying this without any examples of them blowing him up differently than any other successful wrestler. They don't treat him like he's Spencer or Gable, and repeating it over and over again doesn't make it so. They talk about him the same way they talk about, say, Pletcher and Lee last year. Or Roman Bravo-Young this year. I watch every single Iowa.match, they do not treat him as "special." They don't spend other matches talking about him. They hype him up, in and pre-match, the way they do everybody on his relative level. For example on this year's team, they didn't act like he was better than Eierman or Kemerer.

I would say the amount of hype and screen time they give Alex is similar to Vincenzo Joseph, a 2x champ and 3x finalist, and Mark Hall, a NCAA champ and 3x finalist.  I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this.

2 minutes ago, ShakaAloha said:

I would say the amount of hype and screen time they give Alex is similar to Vincenzo Joseph, a 2x champ and 3x finalist, and Mark Hall, a NCAA champ and 3x finalist.  I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this.

Even if you are right about that, Marinelli has had wins against cenzo, so if they have similar airtime, why would that be all that crazy?

Edited by Molsen

Just now, Molsen said:

Even if you are right about that, Marinelli has had wins against cenzo, so if they have similar airtime, why would that be all that crazy?

One is a 3x NCAA finalist.  The other has never placed higher than 5th at the tournament.  That's why it is crazy.

What screen time? This is a sport, not a network drama. The wrestlers are only on our screen for their matches and MAYBE a post match interview if they win. The only non-wrestling time we've seen him is in the Eli segment, which is, again, a human interest story and wasn't used to pretend Marinelli is some dominant all-time force.

Just now, Antitroll2828 said:

Yes 2 other posters ousted him a little while back , I just like to make sure every knows when a Flo guy is trolling in here 

Im ok with that. Its pretty clear you PSU boys are sensitive right now.... i mean you actually were offended that someone predicted Lee would lose when that is exactly what happened. What a loser!

6 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

What screen time? This is a sport, not a network drama. The wrestlers are only on our screen for their matches and MAYBE a post match interview if they win. The only non-wrestling time we've seen him is in the Eli segment, which is, again, a human interest story and wasn't used to pretend Marinelli is some dominant all-time force.

So TJ and Gibbons don't gush all over him?  I guess we must be watching different programming.

11 minutes ago, ShakaAloha said:

What are they going to say about Mark Hall anyways that they didnt already say after his freshman year? The dude was one of the greatest recruits of all time and never got better. 

4 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Yes, they really run down the Penn State guys.

How about this, Alex's accomplishments at NCAA's would put him closer to Chad Red than Mark Hall.  Does BTN talk about Chad Red like they talk about Alex?