Mr. Poopy butthole

Marinelli does not AA

2 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

His junior year was the only other time he beat zahid but his bonus rates dropped that year pretty low but he also wrestled 16 top 18 guys that year And went 15-1 

I think that had more to do with Zahid than him. Zahid didn't look himself that year until NCAAs. Lewis also pinned him.

Didn’t Drake say, in another thread, that none of the world medal owning competitors at HWT (Kerk, Schultz, Gable, Parris) are world champions in Folk?

So, why is he talking about the FS qualifications of Mark Hall here? He wasn’t a Folk world champion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

32 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Didn’t Drake say, in another thread, that none of the world medal owning competitors at HWT (Kerk, Schultz, Gable, Parris) are world champions in Folk?

So, why is he talking about the FS qualifications of Mark Hall here? He wasn’t a Folk world champion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The freestyle wasnt the central part of my argument which it was in the other thread. 

But does Penn St. also not coach freestyle? Hall didnt get much better at either.

Edited by Drake_Mallard

3 hours ago, Drake_Mallard said:

The freestyle wasnt the central part of my argument which it was in the other thread. 

But does Penn St. also not coach freestyle? Hall didnt get much better at either.

Mark Hall > Alex Marinelli

It's not even close.

2 minutes ago, ShakaAloha said:

Mark Hall > Alex Marinelli

It's not even close.

He was also waaaay better in high school and destroyed Alex in the all-star. Its not a comparison between the two. Im comparing Mark Hall as a high schooler and now and the difference after 4 years at PSU is not much

4 minutes ago, Drake_Mallard said:

He was also waaaay better in high school and destroyed Alex in the all-star. Its not a comparison between the two. Im comparing Mark Hall as a high schooler and now and the difference after 4 years at PSU is not much

Wasn't that the match where Alex got beat so bad by Mark that he started going bald?

23 minutes ago, Drake_Mallard said:

And how much better did Alex get since HS?

I just re-watched his match v. Griffifth. Aside from 18 seconds, the entire first two periods were on their feet. Marinelli may have taken one committed shot in that time, maybe not even one. Sure, Griffith didn't take any. Marinelli tried a few shots in the third, but not many. How could the bull be so passive and let it get to a one-move match?

9 minutes ago, NJDan said:

I just re-watched his match v. Griffifth. Aside from 18 seconds, the entire first two periods were on their feet. Marinelli may have taken one committed shot in that time, maybe not even one. Sure, Griffith didn't take any. Marinelli tried a few shots in the third, but not many. How could the bull be so passive and let it get to a one-move match?

Probably for the same reason RBY didn't throw continual shots at Fix, both were wrestling against very good opponents who held good position. Maybe Alex takes a bad shot and Griffith makes him pay for it. 

13 minutes ago, NJDan said:

Griffith did a great job of tying up Marinelli's wrists early and doing just enough to avoid stalling calls.  Then he fought off Marinelli admirably at the end of the second and throughout the third (although, honestly, if Marinelli was more patient with his last attack, he could probably finish, he got too anxious near the edge).  Then, the beautiful counter in OT to win.  Honestly, I just rewatched it and I forgot how close Marinelli came to getting out of that into a stalemate, but Griffith did a great job getting to the far ankle and securing it.

On 3/19/2021 at 7:31 PM, ShakaAloha said:

How about this, Alex's accomplishments at NCAA's would put him closer to Chad Red than Mark Hall.  Does BTN talk about Chad Red like they talk about Alex?

Unlike Chad red AM has been seeded #1 at his weight 3 years in a row.  He is also a 3X Big 10 Champion.  Give credit where it is due.  And yes I agree his accomplishment's at the NCAA tournament are more similar to Red's than Hall's.

53 minutes ago, lu1979 said:

Unlike Chad red AM has been seeded #1 at his weight 3 years in a row.  He is also a 3X Big 10 Champion.  Give credit where it is due.  And yes I agree his accomplishment's at the NCAA tournament are more similar to Red's than Hall's.

Red has been on the podium 3x to Marinelli's 2x, and they have had the same number of opportunities.  Performance at NCAA's matters significantly more than in conference.  After his showing at NCAA's this year, Marinelli should be behind a lot of guys in the Big 10, including on his own team.

I repeat:  Da Bull is the best that never was.  He's been stomping around with his antics for 3 years.  I don't usually find glee in somebody failing, but in his case I cheered with his downfall.  He's not the "nice guy" so many on this forum insist.  I feel sorry for him and others like him recently who can't move on and wind up wrestling until they're close to 30.

1 hour ago, jerseychas said:

By the way if I see another BTN soft-touch, feel-good biopic on Da Bull I will hang myself.

Youre seriously mad that they did a story about Eli? You have a sad existence.

Edited by Drake_Mallard

On 3/24/2021 at 3:59 PM, jerseychas said:

I repeat:  Da Bull is the best that never was.  He's been stomping around with his antics for 3 years.  I don't usually find glee in somebody failing, but in his case I cheered with his downfall.  He's not the "nice guy" so many on this forum insist.  I feel sorry for him and others like him recently who can't move on and wind up wrestling until they're close to 30.

His little Schlick where he tries to kick out inferior opponents legs while in the rear standing position is bush league.  Guys not at his level get his little bully tactic so jackals in CHA can laugh.  It makes his ‘Jesus Trained’ MO a joke.

he should reallocate his time practicing how to humiliate guys not competitive with him to finishing takedowns on long, quality opponents.

25 minutes ago, Class said:

His little Schlick where he tries to kick out inferior opponents legs while in the rear standing position is bush league.  Guys not at his level get his little bully tactic so jackals in CHA can laugh.  It makes his ‘Jesus Trained’ MO a joke.

he should reallocate his time practicing how to humiliate guys not competitive with him to finishing takedowns on long, quality opponents.

The real joke is how you tried to spell "shtick."

"Bartender,  give me one of them Schlick Malt Liquors..."

On 3/20/2021 at 3:45 PM, Drake_Mallard said:

None of that changes the fact Marinelli was #3 overall recruit that has drastically underperformed at NCAAs. 

20 minutes ago, Flying-Tiger said:

None of that changes the fact Marinelli was #3 overall recruit that has drastically underperformed at NCAAs. 

True.... but what I said about Mark Hall is true too. Then when you think of freestyle, his stock is about right where it was at 18 still. Kinda nuts that he never got better.