2 minutes ago, Major Kong said:

I think there is something going on with him - mental or physical I don't know, but he looked like a different person/wrestler from two weeks ago.

I think that Deakin is just streaky. When he's on, he's ON. When he's off, he comes back to earth. He reminds me so, so, so much of James Green.

1 minute ago, bnwtwg said:

David Carr could go undefeated the rest of the way, have one career loss as a freshman, and he would only be second best. That's some ish dude....

Shoot. You’re totally right. He lost his freshman year. He can still win 4x and be undefeated in the years he won, right ?

I cant unsee Hidlay beating Nolf. I will always think he has a chance.

Beating Nolf? LOL. A controversial (non-)TD doesn’t equal a win.

Let me guess: you think Myles Martin beat Bo Nickal at 184, too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, bnwtwg said:

I think that Deakin is just streaky. When he's on, he's ON. When he's off, he comes back to earth. He reminds me so, so, so much of James Green.

Maybe. But he's given up two back points in 4 years - and he gets stuck here by Jesse Dellavechia? (No disrespect) His streakiness seems to be ON  everywhere and OFF in the NCAA's.

1 minute ago, Le duke said:

NLWC is obviously tightlipped but I always assumed Nolf tore ACL/MCL/meniscus and did the bare minimum he needed to get the bracket board aka survive and advance. If they gave Hidlay the 2 then Nolf still would have found a way to squeak by.

I gotta agree with Major at this point. Hawkeye fan through and through but remember when Deakin lost to Young TWICE at NCAAs? Dude just seems to fall in the Gilman/Marinelli camp of great regular seasons but no titles.

Edited by wrestlingphish

He did at Big Tens. lol

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, BigTimeFan said:

Carr was my pick to win it all and I thought he’d Hidlay would be his toughest match. I think he’s going to win it all and end the year undefeated. Puts him in the best position to do a Cael as we’ve seen in a long time. The kid’s a phenom. 

He’s an amazing talent and I had him winning it all this year as well. That said, if* he becomes a 4x, he’ll have a major asterisk. He had two full years and 40 college matches before this season. Quite a bit less impressive than the true frosh who win imo (Lee, Yianni, Dake). Admittedly no fault of his own. 

Just now, AZ_wrestling said:

He’s an amazing talent and I had him winning it all this year as well. That said, if* he becomes a 4x, he’ll have a major asterisk. He had two full years and 40 college matches before this season. Quite a bit less impressive than the true frosh who win imo (Lee, Yianni, Dake). Admittedly no fault of his own. 

Would have won last year as well.

18 minutes ago, Drake_Mallard said:

World class D, offense is lacking. Dudes a stud but he has never had a great shot he could score on any one

Offense isn't lacking against the also-ran types. Fix gets a lot of bonus decisions, but against the top level guys in his weight he shuts down and gets conservative. Super annoying, and it sure bit him in the ass at his last NCAAs. Wouldn't be surprised if it didn't bite him in the ass this year in the finals against RBY. I suppose I shouldn't criticize his tactics on the mat, he's a helluva lot more successful than I ever was. 

But I was a lot more fun to watch! 

Edited by TobusRex

12 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

NLWC is obviously tightlipped but I always assumed Nolf tore ACL/MCL/meniscus and did the bare minimum he needed to get the bracket board aka survive and advance. If they gave Hidlay the 2 then Nolf still would have found a way to squeak by.

This is the take I agree with. I do believe it was a takedown, but I also believe that changes how Nolf finishes the match and he does what’s needed to win. 

Just now, Crotalus said:

Next time a PSU fan complains about double boots or anything similar, so them the third period of that match. A textbook clip of how to stall ride.

Starochi with a really exciting 3rd period of.... ankle riding.