fullnelson

Marinelli injury?

heard from wrestlers we were sitting near he didn't want to wrestle
I heard that rumor. I also heard he broke a rib. I also heard an ankle. Lots of stories flying around the arena right now. It doesn't seem like his style to just dip in his teammates, but if he did it, that would obviously be extremely crappy and something he'd forever regret.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

I heard that rumor. I also heard he broke a rib. I also heard an ankle. Lots of stories flying around the arena right now. It doesn't seem like his style to just dip in his teammates, but if he did it, that would obviously be extremely crappy and something he'd forever regret.

I can't see him doing something like that. Bald men have better moral values than that. 

Sounds like maybe he has a broken heart?  That can be one of the toughest injuries to deal with, but one that he should be able to eventually overcome as long as it doesn't end up costing his team the title.  He's a good guy; and for his sake, I hope it doesn't.

42 minutes ago, Henry said:

How could he ever again look any of his teammates or coaches in the eye if he isn't injured but isn't wrestling?

He has to be injured, doesn't he? 

Just a broken heart.

6 hours ago, Grecojones said:

The man is married. I’ve had a feeling it had something to with that. Pregnant wife at home. Peers getting jobs apts moving on with life. It happens 

Ah, that explains dropping out in the middle of the NCAA tourney.

/s

7 hours ago, Henry said:

How could he ever again look any of his teammates or coaches in the eye if he isn't injured but isn't wrestling?

It's hard to imagine that if he won, he would have withdrawn. But if he is not injured, he should not come back next year. Is it wrong to hope a guy is injured?

7 hours ago, Henry said:

He was on the floor for Kaleb Young's consolation match last night after MFF.

Brands statement is cryptic enough that he actually could be injured. Just doesn't seem very Marinelli like to withdraw with no injury. 

7 minutes ago, wrestlingphish said:

He was on the floor for Kaleb Young's consolation match last night after MFF.

Brands statement is cryptic enough that he actually could be injured. Just doesn't seem very Marinelli like to withdraw with no injury. 

"Not going to get into the details" is Brandspeak for "He's injured."  He never discusses such matters publicly.

8 hours ago, VakAttack said:

After the match, he appeared to be holding his side as if there were an injured rib or similar.

45 minutes ago, klehner said:

After the match, he appeared to be holding his side as if there were an injured rib or similar.

I wonder if it happened in OT, he looked to get a bit awkwardly crunched up there in the end as he was giving up the score.