4awrestler

I deadlift 665 LBs

As a strength and conditioning coach, please don’t allow your athletes to lift over their max on strapped deadlifts, please. The risk/reward for someone who isn’t in a powerlifting competition is not remotely worth it (and his wouldn’t have counted anyway). Kid is damn strong any way you cut it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, jross said:

I believe he did it.  Bulsak did 600lbs... straight bar... no belt?.. not straps???

That's a solid lift. Bulsak is a 197 lber. 600 is not 665. Sounds similar, but adding 65 lbs to a 3x bodyweight DL is veryhard. Also, not to nitpick, but note he is in socks. At that weight, gaining an extra 1.5 in of leverage probably adds 20-30 lbs to your max or more. 

50 minutes ago, wrestlingnerd said:

Right, I gotta clean that up. I stand by what I said. He's the one who threw it out there for us to discuss. Why am I the bad guy for commenting on it? AM I supposed to divine that he meant his claim at a different bodyweight at a different time? He said what he said without any qualifiers, and I took it at face value and commented on a message board. I didn't accuse him of doping. If you haven't figured it out by now, I accused him of being unable to do so. I was wrong, in part, when Stanford18 posted a clip, albeit in questionable form and with straps and no shoes (this actually matters), but still feel I'm correct that he can't pull that today. I'm not trying to rationalize anything.

Classless.

I believe it easily. In high school we had a strength and conditioning coach and we could take a Weight training every semester. He was a power lifter back in his day and had he not let himself go, or they say he would have been a division one football strength and conditioning trainer. We had multiple wrestlers put up 450+ pounds. And these are high schoolers we you’re talking about. I could put up close to 450 and my weight class was 130 my senior year. Anyone who has done some hard-core powerlifting (Without any juice),knows that this is very possible!

4 minutes ago, RajaThaiKnee said:

I believe it easily. In high school we had a strength and conditioning coach and we could take a Weight training every semester. He was a power lifter back in his day and had he not let himself go, or they say he would have been a division one football strength and conditioning trainer. We had multiple wrestlers put up 450+ pounds. And these are high schoolers we you’re talking about. I could put up close to 450 and my weight class was 130 my senior year. Anyone who has done some hard-core powerlifting (Without any juice),knows that this is very possible!

Yeah, it's so easy that the drug-free world records continue to stand despite all these HS wrestlers pulling 3.5x their bodyweight.

Yeah, it's so easy that the drug-free world records continue to stand despite all these HS wrestlers pulling 3.5x their bodyweight.

Are you implying that myself and other wrestlers I personally knew were juicing? No it was far from easy. Who are all of these high school wrestlers that you know pulling 3.5x their body weight. Please give me names. And are you implying that they are juicing? This thread is about a college wrestler and some wrestlers are bulls. Look at Ohio State wrestlers and what some of their wrestlers could do in the last 5-10 years.

13 hours ago, TobusRex said:

I find it very hard to believe Ferrari can deadlift that much. I deadlifted 550 pounds in HS at 190 pounds and everybody thought I was a freak. Actually the reason they thought I was a freak was my oversized genitalia, but the point still stands. 

Just looked up the Texas Record for HS 198 pounders (slightly diff weight classes than wrestling), and it's 715 pounds. 

But Ferrari is a real freak! I witnessed this feat myself

kid is a star and will soon be the face of college wrestling 

2 hours ago, wrestlingnerd said:

That's a solid lift. Bulsak is a 197 lber. 600 is not 665. Sounds similar, but adding 65 lbs to a 3x bodyweight DL is veryhard. Also, not to nitpick, but note he is in socks. At that weight, gaining an extra 1.5 in of leverage probably adds 20-30 lbs to your max or more. 

He also didn’t use straps and hitch like AJ did, which makes this lift at least as impressive 

People the real question is not whether AJ can deadlift 665 but rather why did he choose to say it on ESPN for the whole world to hear ? Here’s my theory. It’s an inside joke. He has a friendly competition or ongoing bet with someone on campus, maybe a football player, maybe another person on campus. Or it could be one of those bachelor party type challenges where someone bets he can’t say “deadlift 665” on National TV. My point is he’s a crazy enthusiastic kid who was talking to a small group of people, not us 

43 minutes ago, RajaThaiKnee said:

Are you implying that myself and other wrestlers I personally knew were juicing? No it was far from easy. Who are all of these high school wrestlers that you know pulling 3.5x their body weight. Please give me names. And are you implying that they are juicing? This thread is about a college wrestler and some wrestlers are bulls. Look at Ohio State wrestlers and what some of their wrestlers could do in the last 5-10 years.

You said you pulled 3.5x your BW in HS. I call BS on that. Sorry, doesn't compute.

22 minutes ago, BigTimeFan said:

People the real question is not whether AJ can deadlift 665 but rather why did he choose to say it on ESPN for the whole world to hear ? Here’s my theory. It’s an inside joke. He has a friendly competition or ongoing bet with someone on campus, maybe a football player, maybe another person on campus. Or it could be one of those bachelor party type challenges where someone bets he can’t say “deadlift 665” on National TV. My point is he’s a crazy enthusiastic kid who was talking to a small group of people, not us 

I think you are giving him too much credit. 

3F11FC01-A6A5-41A2-9A40-D73CBBE7062A.gif

I have asked this at least 3 times and no one has offered a legit answer. So, I'm gonna keep asking til I get booted off the forum:  In nuetral, he looks like he is staring at someone on the other side of the gym. What is he lookimg at?

3 minutes ago, jackwebster said:

I have asked this at least 3 times and no one has offered a legit answer. So, I'm gonna keep asking til I get booted off the forum:  In nuetral, he looks like he is staring at someone on the other side of the gym. What is he lookimg at?

It is called a thousand yard stare.