Jump to content
4awrestler

I deadlift 665 LBs

Recommended Posts

It’s like he is just standing there baiting the other guy to shoot. 

Between that, the double kneepads, and the constant looks to his coach, Ferrari reminds me of the kid from your rival team that you swear isn’t a “real wrestler” but just happens to win a ton of matches. Does not look like he’d fit in in the Midwest, personality and technique wise, but he’d still whip anyone. 

Edited by SamStall365247

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SamStall365247 said:

It’s like he is just standing there baiting the other guy to shoot. 

Between that, the double kneepads, and the constant looks to his coach, Ferrari reminds me of the kid from your rival team that you swear isn’t a “real wrestler” but just happens to win a ton of matches. Does not look like he’d fit in in the Midwest, personality and technique wise, but he’d still whip anyone. 

My wife thinks he's weird bc his nipples are too high up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jackwebster said:

My wife thinks he's weird bc his nipples are too high up.

Maybe the whole persona is just a defense mechanism to deflect from the height of his nipples. 

Kind of like how Yianni got really good at wrestling so people wouldn’t rip on his triceps (or lack thereof). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BigTimeFan said:

People the real question is not whether AJ can deadlift 665 but rather why did he choose to say it on ESPN for the whole world to hear ? Here’s my theory. It’s an inside joke. He has a friendly competition or ongoing bet with someone on campus, maybe a football player, maybe another person on campus. Or it could be one of those bachelor party type challenges where someone bets he can’t say “deadlift 665” on National TV. My point is he’s a crazy enthusiastic kid who was talking to a small group of people, not us 

I’m done doubting him.

Is he full of it? Maybe.

Am I willing to keep doubting him? No. 

Will bluechip freshman be LIGHT YEARS ahead of my fifth year just over a decade ago? Beyond a doubt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dude looks like he could lift a truck, whatever he is pulling I bet its a damn impressive number.  I'm 200lb and I'd love to hit a 400 lift... not all of us have those kind of genes unfortunately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You said you pulled 3.5x your BW in HS. I call BS on that. Sorry, doesn't compute.

Ok so this has nothing to do with the post. You never answered my questions. So it sounds like you are just wanting a platform to push whatever it is you’re trying to push. It’s like you’re mad because there are actually people out there who love to supplement wrestling with powerlifting....

So you are calling me a liar. I may be many things but I’m not in a liar. We never kept deadlifts on the books, but I can tell and prove that I was an all American in power clings, Bench, and only all state in squat. So those are on the books. And if you took a look at some of our other athletes you would be surprised as well. That’s the difference that a really good D1 level strength and conditioning coach can make to high schoolers. Add that to the fact that we could take weight training for all eight semesters and he would train us privately during summers, and you are going to have a wrestling team that is pretty strong. He constantly preached on not doing steroids or juicing of any type. No creatine or pre workout. The whey protein had to be a trusted brand. That is all he or my father would tolerate and rightly so. My father was also a bodybuilder and started me off very young. So if you don’t believe me and question my integrity I can direct you to plenty of people who can vouch for my school and myself.

So if you really want to continue this then PM me and stop being so triggered because a national champion who weighs 197 can lift what you think is impossible clean. And then you take it out on a bunch of highschooler’s (kids) because this is the way things are these days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RajaThaiKnee said:


Ok so this has nothing to do with the post. You never answered my questions. So it sounds like you are just wanting a platform to push whatever it is you’re trying to push. It’s like you’re mad because there are actually people out there who love to supplement wrestling with powerlifting....

So you are calling me a liar. I may be many things but I’m not in a liar. We never kept deadlifts on the books, but I can tell and prove that I was an all American in power clings, Bench, and only all state in squat. So those are on the books. And if you took a look at some of our other athletes you would be surprised as well. That’s the difference that a really good D1 level strength and conditioning coach can make to high schoolers. Add that to the fact that we could take weight training for all eight semesters and he would train us privately during summers, and you are going to have a wrestling team that is pretty strong. He constantly preached on not doing steroids or juicing of any type. No creatine or pre workout. The whey protein had to be a trusted brand. That is all he or my father would tolerate and rightly so. My father was also a bodybuilder and started me off very young. So if you don’t believe me and question my integrity I can direct you to plenty of people who can vouch for my school and myself.

So if you really want to continue this then PM me and stop being so triggered because a national champion who weighs 197 can lift what you think is impossible clean. And then you take it out on a bunch of highschooler’s (kids) because this is the way things are these days.

What is a power cling?  I'm confused.  Is that the name of the technique that Ferrari uses to ride his opponents out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, RajaThaiKnee said:


Ok so this has nothing to do with the post. You never answered my questions. So it sounds like you are just wanting a platform to push whatever it is you’re trying to push. It’s like you’re mad because there are actually people out there who love to supplement wrestling with powerlifting....
 

I don't know what questions I didn't answer. I have no idea who you are, so I have no agenda against you. All I'm saying is that if anyone tells me they were close to a world record (again, drug-free) in high school in a drug-tested strength sport, I will call BS automatically. It is that unbelievable to me, so excuse me for being skeptical.

The multiple of bodyweight you can lift goes up as you get lighter and you were very light, so maybe you did pull 3.5x BW. If you did, I think you pursued the wrong sport unless you are nationally ranked at the senior level at whatever it is you do. If in fact what you say is true, suggesting that your exceptionally specialized background is the reason why you should never question any wrestler who is putting up world record-level performances at age 18 or 19 is like saying it's easy to believe a HS kid beat the sht out of a senior world champion because Aaron Pico once did it. Neither are easy to believe and 99% of the time, the claim will be BS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I don't know what questions I didn't answer. I have no idea who you are, so I have no agenda against you. All I'm saying is that if anyone tells me they were close to a world record (again, drug-free) in high school in a drug-tested strength sport, I will call BS automatically. It is that unbelievable to me, so excuse me for being skeptical.
The multiple of bodyweight you can lift goes up as you get lighter and you were very light, so maybe you did pull 3.5x BW. If you did, I think you pursued the wrong sport unless you are nationally ranked at the senior level at whatever it is you do. If in fact what you say is true, suggesting that your exceptionally specialized background is the reason why you should never question any wrestler who is putting up world record-level performances at age 18 or 19 is like saying it's easy to believe a HS kid beat the sht out of a senior world champion because Aaron Pico once did it. Neither are easy to believe and 99% of the time, the claim will be BS.

I don't know what questions I didn't answer. I have no idea who you are, so I have no agenda against you. All I'm saying is that if anyone tells me they were close to a world record (again, drug-free) in high school in a drug-tested strength sport, I will call BS automatically. It is that unbelievable to me, so excuse me for being skeptical.
The multiple of bodyweight you can lift goes up as you get lighter and you were very light, so maybe you did pull 3.5x BW. If you did, I think you pursued the wrong sport unless you are nationally ranked at the senior level at whatever it is you do. If in fact what you say is true, suggesting that your exceptionally specialized background is the reason why you should never question any wrestler who is putting up world record-level performances at age 18 or 19 is like saying it's easy to believe a HS kid beat the sht out of a senior world champion because Aaron Pico once did it. Neither are easy to believe and 99% of the time, the claim will be BS.

Well if it’s that important to you then contact me via personal message and I can show you the record books. But I don’t really care what you think of me. It’s that you stated that you didn’t believe that many other high schoolers kids were doing that and I don’t see you that everyone of them are. Where did I say that a lot of them were? We were in an extremely lucky situation to have who we had. I was an extremely blessed kid kid to have a father was so much knowledge and experience. You can’t start calling kids with the highest lifts all cheaters. And no I didn’t miss my calling because I was able to compete in the offspring at power lifting competition, and continued to do it for many years. My main point is you can think something it’s crazy without juicing, but would you accuse the most flexible or fastest of juicing? It’s an Innocent until proven guilty thing. I’ve had my suspicions of wrestlers who locked Horns with in the past, but that does not mean I can accuse them of something they’ve never been caught for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
What is a power cling?  I'm confused.  Is that the name of the technique that Ferrari uses to ride his opponents out?

It’s a new form of retaining testosterone naturally. It’s kind of like keeping from “giving your girlfriend action”. And the idea is to cling onto as much crap as you can during a match. I hear that there’s a lot of pins and it speeds up a lot of matches.

Powers Cleans is a startup business I have going on the side that is colon hydrotherapy. The only difference is we have to use a pressure washer since we have to take care of wrestlers after they do their 7 minute power clings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As an aside, I hear from sports training circles that deadlifts as a training tool for football/wrestling have been out-of-favor for a while now. They say the risk of injury is not worth the upside; all college/pro athletes now do power cleans and hang cleans instead. Would be interested if others have heard the same thing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RajaThaiKnee said:

 


Well if it’s that important to you then contact me via personal message and I can show you the record books. But I don’t really care what you think of me. It’s that you stated that you didn’t believe that many other high schoolers kids were doing that and I don’t see you that everyone of them are. Where did I say that a lot of them were? We were in an extremely lucky situation to have who we had. I was an extremely blessed kid kid to have a father was so much knowledge and experience. You can’t start calling kids with the highest lifts all cheaters. And no I didn’t miss my calling because I was able to compete in the offspring at power lifting competition, and continued to do it for many years. My main point is you can think something it’s crazy without juicing, but would you accuse the most flexible or fastest of juicing? It’s an Innocent until proven guilty thing. I’ve had my suspicions of wrestlers who locked Horns with in the past, but that does not mean I can accuse them of something they’ve never been caught for.

 

When it's extremely unlikely, usually, it's BS. Also, I can say whatever I want, as can you. At least I have reasonable basis for what I said. You said "many" high schoolers are putting up lifts like you allegedly did and then you write novels about how lucky you were to have not only the right environment and coaching but also the right father. That by definition is NOT "many" high schoolers. If you legitimately lifted as much as you say you did, you will be in some record books for sure, as you say, i.e. not many can do it or have done it.

Also, we already established Ferrari did do the lift, since there was a link to the lift. It was with straps and no shoes, so take off a bunch of weight for that, but most importantly, it was in the offseason at around 230 lbs, not 197 or close. Ferrari stated he was around that weight in the last off-season, when that video was recorded. Therefore, I am not wrong, and you come off like a whiner. He cannot hit that lift right now. Give him a few months to regain bodyweight and even add more since he claims he is moving up to HWT next season That said, he is very far off that lift right now, especially as he cuts down even more to try his hand at 86 kg at the OTT.

If Ferrari can post the same lift, even with straps and without shoes at his current weight, I will lick your and his bozack twice a day for the rest of my life. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/20/2021 at 2:20 AM, Perry said:

Be careful, you're talking about the first 5 timer here...

I bet he doesn’t win 5, but even if he does Starocci has a chance at 5 before him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
When it's extremely unlikely, usually, it's BS. Also, I can say whatever I want, as can you. At least I have reasonable basis for what I said. You said "many" high schoolers are putting up lifts like you allegedly did and then you write novels about how lucky you were to have not only the right environment and coaching but also the right father. That by definition is NOT "many" high schoolers. If you legitimately lifted as much as you say you did, you will be in some record books for sure, as you say, i.e. not many can do it or have done it.
Also, we already established Ferrari did do the lift, since there was a link to the lift. It was with straps and no shoes, so take off a bunch of weight for that, but most importantly, it was in the offseason at around 230 lbs, not 197 or close. Ferrari stated he was around that weight in the last off-season, when that video was recorded. Therefore, I am not wrong, and you come off like a whiner. He cannot hit that lift right now. Give him a few months to regain bodyweight and even add more since he claims he is moving up to HWT next season That said, he is very far off that lift right now, especially as he cuts down even more to try his hand at 86 kg at the OTT.
If Ferrari can post the same lift, even with straps and without shoes at his current weight, I will lick your and his bozack twice a day for the rest of my life. 

So now you are asking me to bet against you about a kid deadlifting a weight in the off-season, but you want me to find it in season. If it makes you feel any better my lifts were out of season as well. You were the first to imply that it’s possible for all these high schoolers. I’m not interacting with someone who gets their laughs for calling out kids, be it Ferrari, a high schooler, or another College wrestler. Goodbye

No doubt you will try to spin this as me not answering the question. Well it seems to me that this is just a rant that you are on and you are not very interested in having a dialogue. Continue to have fun pushing your narrative and refusing to engage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, RajaThaiKnee said:


So now you are asking me to bet against you about a kid deadlifting a weight in the off-season, but you want me to find it in season. If it makes you feel any better my lifts were out of season as well. You were the first to imply that it’s possible for all these high schoolers. I’m not interacting with someone who gets their laughs for calling out kids, be it Ferrari, a high schooler, or another College wrestler. Goodbye

No doubt you will try to spin this as me not answering the question. Well it seems to me that this is just a rant that you are on and you are not very interested in having a dialogue. Continue to have fun pushing your narrative and refusing to engage.

Whatever, you're right, I'm wrong, you're the strongest HSer ever and it's all in the record books. All my pointrs still stand, so if you want to go back and reread them, feel free. I don't know what, but you won! Let's move on. You've got some drugfree world records to set again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, TheOhioState said:

Bob Peoples was a great deadlifter from the 1940's.  725 at 181.

https://breakingmuscle.com/fitness/strongman-profile-bob-peoples-schools-us-on-the-deadlift

I got to meet him one time in HS. He visited the school weight room and demonstrated a ridiculous deadlift, and he was an old guy at the time. All the kids were suitably impressed. I wonder how much he got paid for the demonstration?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TobusRex said:

I got to meet him one time in HS. He visited the school weight room and demonstrated a ridiculous deadlift, and he was an old guy at the time. All the kids were suitably impressed. I wonder how much he got paid for the demonstration?

Was he paid in weed? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...