jross

Medal Round Discussion

1 minute ago, Class said:

Warner has now done pure stalling in the 3rd after a pure stall ride for 2 minutes in the 2nd and stalling will not be a factor.

The exact same scenario in his match with Buchanan last night.  He should have surrendered multiple stall points.

Warner gets the award for most boring wrestler to watch this weekend,  but hes boring and wins.  More than Schultz can say this weekend. 

9 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Yeah, should only get RT if you get nearfall or something

Or if you ride for 30 seconds with no backpoints, go back to the feet. You can still get RT, but not all at once.

1 minute ago, wrestlingphish said:

They hit Woodley with stalling because he intentionally reached his hand off the mat and onto the floor in order to get a restart. 

got ya, couldn't see that on the tiny screen haha

Warner has now done pure stalling in the 3rd after a pure stall ride for 2 minutes in the 2nd and stalling will not be a factor.
The exact same scenario in his match with Buchanan last night.  He should have surrendered multiple stall points.
Warner stalled on top of Buchanan but was not stalling in neutral. He did stall his ass off just now against Woodley.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Warner stalled on top of Buchanan but was not stalling in neutral. He did stall his ass off just now against Woodley.

He stalled terribly in the 3rd against Buchanan on the feet.  Buchanan was super aggressive.

He stalled terribly in the 3rd against Buchanan on the feet.  Buchanan was super aggressive.
I'll have to rewatch it. I don't remember being peeved about it and I'm pretty critical of Warner.

Part of the problem on top for Warner (and why I think he doesn't get hit a bunch) is he's always going for his cross wrist tilt. One, it's his only move, which is it's own problem. Two, he's always actively doing something, so I think that's why refs don't call him. I would because his hips never leave parallel.

1 minute ago, Voice_of_the_Quakers said:

Nobody’s hips leave parallel any more - the onus for scoring/stalling has moved to bottom, thus the lack of activity/scoring on the mat.

Bring back Zain Retherford. Get him on that 7 year plan somehow.

At least with him, you KNEW someone was going over for 2 or 4. And that they wouldn't like it, at all. 

1 hour ago, wrestlingphish said:

Alright since there was the no call on the Desanto pin there in the first will everyone shut up about the calls that went in Iowa's favor or do we need a couple other ones to not go our way?

Iowa got the calls this year, just deal with it. You didn't even need them and you still got them.

5 minutes ago, Voice_of_the_Quakers said:

Nobody’s hips leave parallel any more - the onus for scoring/stalling has moved to bottom, thus the lack of activity/scoring on the mat.

Agree... interesting that you see the exact same situations in which HS wrestlers would get called for stalling on top, but in college they are calling the bottom guy for stalling when the top guy is just riding! Not good for the sport IMO

Just now, wrestlingphish said:

Jeez they called Desanto for stalling while he was getting a takedown. That’s gotta be worse than Renan getting called right before getting taken down, right?

He was stalling right before he scored off of Myers shot. Not a big deal either way, obviously had no impact on the match but was definitely warranted

3 minutes ago, Eagle26 said:

Agree... interesting that you see the exact same situations in which HS wrestlers would get called for stalling on top, but in college they are calling the bottom guy for stalling when the top guy is just riding! Not good for the sport IMO

I feel like it's been this way for a long time. I feel just emphasizing the need for the top guy to work to the side like they do in HS would make a huge difference. It gives the bottom guy a chance to attempt something (if he wants to), and it's almost impossible to turn from the top while parallel, anyways. Also, we should add the ankle ride to the 5 second count. (Also not a huge fan of double boots, but at least you can technically turn somebody from there).

5 minutes ago, Eagle26 said:

Only thing worse to watch than defensive parasite wrestling is when the top guy lays on the bottom guy's hips...