jross

Medal Round Discussion

Shame...Maybe after the season we can all start a petition on Change.org to address a lot of the flaws in the reviewing process.  It's there to get the calls right

Edited by portajohn

I thought Teemer had the two and the win, definitely got hosed.  But he was literally playing defense for 6.5 minutes against deakin so hard to get too morally outraged

4 minutes ago, PuffyShirt said:

If Teemer had mustered the same offense during the first 6 minutes as he did during the last 1, he'd have come away with it.

May well have, but Deakin took 20 shots to his 2. And one of those was with 1 second left! Wrestling 10 seconds of a 7 minute match is not a recipe for success.

Just now, Major Kong said:

May well have, but Deakin took 20 shots to his 2. And one of those was with 1 second left! Wrestling 10 seconds of a 7 minute match is not a recipe for success.

Yeah, I may not have expressed it well, but that's what I was getting at. He clearly has some firepower (and his takedown defense is incredible) so he should have used it.

3 minutes ago, PuffyShirt said:

Yeah, I may not have expressed it well, but that's what I was getting at. He clearly has some firepower (and his takedown defense is incredible) so he should have used it.

Yeah, he's got some serious Chamizo-in-the-making D going there.

14 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

It's funny to think Wentzel actually was bounced in the first round by Drexel's Barczak until they did a similar review to overturn it and now Wentzel is in the finals.  

I don't think Barzcak ever actually cut across to both legs. I had a similar reaction to the Deakin exchange. I haven't seen a replay, but my first impression was that they haven't called that 2 all weekend. Sometimes refs rush a little when they know there's short time.