jross

Medal Round Discussion

2 hours ago, Crotalus said:

Rivera refused to shake Duncan's hand. And Rivera won (Duncan shook an imaginary hand). In a normal year, this stuff would be a bigger deal, but we've seen a lot of it this tournament and they are not required to, so it is what it is.

Seven minutes of wrestling is okay - shaking hands is where the line is drawn.

48 minutes ago, Drake_Mallard said:

I dont really know the story for Sheets other than that he was going to have surgery. Did he deserve the 33rd seed?

Yup. He was hurt, then wrestling hurt, then wrestling like he was wrestling hurt, then HEWed at Big 12's. 

9 minutes ago, Waxpacks said:

Seven minutes of wrestling is okay - shaking hands is where the line is drawn.

Didn't shake Wilsons either - or even acknowledge him, just ran off the mat. He is not showing much sportsmanship. (I realize that is an outmoded concept)

5 minutes ago, Drake_Mallard said:

Schultz and Cass are super talented Heavys this is a great final in most years.

I really hope Cass goes to last chance and OTT. Wouldn't be surprised to see him finish top 4 at OTT if he's on the right side of the bracket.

1 hour ago, flyingcement said:

Another last second shot.  Keeping these refs on their toes

Those last second shots are a real crap shoot. Some are worth 3 points, and some are worth nothing at all. I guess it all just depends on the subjectivity of the ref. 

56 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

I really hope Cass goes to last chance and OTT. Wouldn't be surprised to see him finish top 4 at OTT if he's on the right side of the bracket.

Yo @Chet Hanson you disagree? I see it Gwiz/Gable/Parris in some order and then a steep drop to 4th. Who would be ahead of Cass at this point if Coon doesn’t enter? I’ll take him over No Shot Nelson and good chance he’s strong enough to punch Bradley right back in the mouth.

3 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Yo @Chet Hanson you disagree? I see it Gwiz/Gable/Parris in some order and then a steep drop to 4th. Who would be ahead of Cass at this point if Coon doesn’t enter? I’ll take him over No Shot Nelson and good chance he’s strong enough to punch Bradley right back in the mouth.

The guy whose beaten gable and Parris twice  Anthony Cassar 

Cassioppi has 50+ pounds on Thor and is just too big for him. Really wish there was a 210-225 weight class.

Year over year I’d say 197 is one of the weaker weights adding a weight class above this will only make it worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Interviews with who ?

Cassar was on Baschamania and said he still isn’t wrestling. That was just a few weeks ago. Is that a good enough source for you or should I keep playing detective?