2 minutes ago, Perry said:

I wonder if we see otoole go to 157 next year. He is not big at 165 and I believe he went there for the team to plug Jacques in at 57. Talented and young team to be sure.

Brian Smith already said he is a career 165. Lineup works best if he slots in there and the weight is weak. 

I think the lack of good competition hurt some guys this year. As a young team, I think they would have been a little better prepared for the tournament if they had some tough matches and potentially some tough losses during the season. Was definitely impressed with O'Toole and R. Elam. Mauller's last two matches have disappointed me a bit as he has looked disinterested. Hopefully he can finish up with a win. Definitely a good team to build on the next few years and possibly find a way onto the team podium.

Where will Josh Edmond fit into the lineup next year?   Are there any other backups expected to break into the starting lineup next year.?   Connor Brown should be back after his injury.  Doesn't appear that Mizzou will lose any starters.

Also, what about the rumor that Mizzou will change conference for wrestling next year.  Any updates to that rumor?

1 hour ago, gallison said:

Where will Josh Edmond fit into the lineup next year?   Are there any other backups expected to break into the starting lineup next year.?   Connor Brown should be back after his injury.  Doesn't appear that Mizzou will lose any starters.

Also, what about the rumor that Mizzou will change conference for wrestling next year.  Any updates to that rumor?

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Edmond over Hart next year. Took him to SV in wrestleoffs at the beginning of the year and has only improved. I think Hawks beat Kent in a late wrestle off as well and wouldn’t be surprised to see him starting. Everyone else seems pretty onset unless brown moves to 133

1 hour ago, MIZ-DPT said:

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Edmond over Hart next year. Took him to SV in wrestleoffs at the beginning of the year and has only improved. I think Hawks beat Kent in a late wrestle off as well and wouldn’t be surprised to see him starting. Everyone else seems pretty onset unless brown moves to 133

I understand Schmitt is a grad student, so don't know if he returns.  It'll be fun.

If O’Toole moved to 157 and Mocco to 165, it would really just be swapping Jacques for Harman. Not sure which is better. Or.....how well does Brock make 49? You could always bump him and slide Edmonds or Hart in at 49 with the other going 41. Either way...it’s awesome to have such a young team! With that said, Smith has got to figure out how to peak these guys at the right time or get them to be more aggressive. Outside of the first one/two rounds, O’Toole and Rocky were the only ones that showed any sign of offense. Keegan literally shoots nonstop and I love it. But we aren’t going to be able to get or keep top recruits like him if the rest of the team continues this “wait til they shoot and counter/scramble”. We have a team that can compete for a national title if they go on offense like they can.

10 minutes ago, The_MO_Godfather said:

If O’Toole moved to 157 and Mocco to 165, it would really just be swapping Jacques for Harman. Not sure which is better. Or.....how well does Brock make 49? You could always bump him and slide Edmonds or Hart in at 49 with the other going 41. Either way...it’s awesome to have such a young team! With that said, Smith has got to figure out how to peak these guys at the right time or get them to be more aggressive. Outside of the first one/two rounds, O’Toole and Rocky were the only ones that showed any sign of offense. Keegan literally shoots nonstop and I love it. But we aren’t going to be able to get or keep top recruits like him if the rest of the team continues this “wait til they shoot and counter/scramble”. We have a team that can compete for a national title if they go on offense like they can.

I think that 165 would be the ideal weight for Mocco but I think O’Toole at 165 is stronger than 157, he just needs a season to bulk up. While I wasn’t happy with some of the lack of urgency I don’t think it will keep us from getting recruits. Jden was similar in college and we haven’t had much issue . This was the first tournament for half of our team in a COVID year so I’m more curious to see how recruits like Rocky and O’Toole affect us positively long term. Rocky looked extremely flat first round then turned it on, and I think that was the case for a lot of our team. I’m also curious about if the extra week off affected mizzou’s ability to peak correctly