wrestlingnerd

Which seniors return next year?

Even if its for a phd in particle physics? 

Funny you say that. One of my friends got his PhD in Particle Physics from a top 5 program. Did his post doc at Johns Hopkins. He’s now a professor. Fully funded through MS and PhD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then you should have rephrased that a professional masters is not the same as a liberal arts masters. As you yourself admitted, lumping them all together is a foolish endeavor. And in the US if you are not transitioning directly from undergrad to grad school then you still aren't getting liberal arts grad school for free. 

I had a really fired up reply that I deleted to your first post, but I didn't post it and I'm glad because I'm pretty sure we are on the same page - yours was just oversimplified at the outset.

Well that’s not entirely true.

My wife and I graduated from our undergrad institutions in 2007.

She started her MA/PhDprogram in 2012. Graduated in 2017. Paid $0. Got paid, actually. English/Rhetoric.

Law school in between; two years between Law and Grad.

My sister was the same way. Graduated from UC Santa Cruz a million years ago, worked for a while, then got paid to go to Cornell for her MS/PhD.

1 hour ago, Le duke said:

Funny you say that. One of my friends got his PhD in Particle Physics from a top 5 program. Did his post doc at Johns Hopkins. He’s now a professor. Fully funded through MS and PhD.

Ask him if he knows PD2.

2 hours ago, Le duke said:

My personal bias is showing here, but:

Grad school requires you to produce a thesis/dissertation. Between me and my wife, we paid $0 for grad school. Neither did anyone else is either of our programs.

Law school and business school are professional schools. They generally do not require you to produce a thesis or dissertation to graduate. People may pay some or all of the tuition.

My wife (PhD, JD from top 10-20 schools) will be the first to tell you that law school and grad school are not the same.

Yes, this is all well known. But I would think that most wrestlers (not all) are more likely candidates for professional schools than PhDs. I am not sure if an athletic scholarship can cover grad school of any kind.

2 hours ago, OBXWrestler said:

From Hayden Hidlay’s tweet doesn’t sound like he will be back. 

opinion: 

Both Massa and Myles Amine will be done. 

That's a shame.  I was looking forward to watching all three of these guys next season.