jross

Finals Discussion

1 minute ago, TripNSweep said:

Gable must be having a fit somewhere. When he was coaching this rarely happened. The talent was there to beat the team scoring record. Brands either can't or doesn't know how to get his guys up for a big match or keep them focused. 

Let's be fair to Eierman and Kem.  Old age can get to a man.  

17 minutes ago, MadMardigain said:

Bottle of Bookers bourbon over a ball of ice.  Special occasion means a special bottle.  

Need to up my game.  JD Tennessee Fire with a splash of Dr. Pepper.

Doing a lot of winning. I know Iowa’s the champs, but this is a little disappointing. One champion at the end of all this?
You've got the wrong one on that. This is not how I would settle the team championships, though I'm glad Iowa won. The Finals are definitely disappointing, more for 174 than 141. Kind of similar to 2009 team race, honestly. Hopefully Spencer does his thing.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, jysupert said:

feel for Kemerer...that was a good match no matter the outcome

The better wrestler lost because he was too timid in the first period.  He did not let loose... he did not not attack enough.  These matches are reminding me of the Nolf vs. Oliver match.  Well not quite that timid...

35 minutes ago, MadMardigain said:

It’s time to throw up a big middle finger to Stanford administration and for you to go donate a little money to the cause.  Stanford is conference contender, a viable program at nationals, and their school isn’t hurting for anything.  California has lost to many programs to let this one fall by the wayside?

Standard is turning down any private funding to keep the program going this is the real issue. Nothing can save it at this point because they don't want it saved.