jross

Finals Discussion

Just now, BigTimeFan said:

I am amazed how much people praise the Lord. In another thread I might ask what would happen if a wrestler from anther religion praised his Lord in a different language. 

My feed cut for a minute.  Did Brooks give the glory to god?  If so, what percentage of it?

Just now, Lesh_Is_Morer said:

QUESTION: Which champs should go to the trials?

All of them should.  The real question is at what weights.

RBY at 57 or 65?

O'Connor at 65 or 74?

Starocci at 74 or 86?

Focus/Nino at 86 or 97?

Just now, madcat11 said:

My feed cut for a minute.  Did Brooks give the glory to god?  If so, what percentage of it?

He didn't say what percent, but he did say all.  I think that is safe to say 49% with the remainder to Cael.

1 minute ago, TBar1977 said:

Hidlay spent half the match outside the circle. 

He doesn’t do it to stall, but it is a style flaw. He hand fights so hard that he doesn’t circle and he is looking so hard for an opening for the underhook that he doesn’t put enough forward pressure in the ties. 

As such, I don’t have an issue with stalling being called.  By the rules, it is enough to call stalling, but his intent isn’t ever to avoid action and he sure as hell is not trying to play the edge like many OKStaters haven been known for.  It is just a small flaw in his style that will only really show itself with guys like Brooks or Bolen who are active enough in the ties, can block out the under hooks and apply a lot of forward pressure. 

With that said that was 2 for Trent or at least 1 for fleeing the mat!