jross

Finals Discussion

1 minute ago, VakAttack said:

I was rooting for Fix and I was apoplectic about those stalling calls.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

One was deserved. RBY stalled all second period, too.

They screwed Fix in the 2nd period... Fix escapes if RBY isn't sitting an ankle and stalling.  Then RBY would get an escape and we're 1-1 in 3rd period.  Those two stall pts for Fix in the 3rd period were deserved.  And RBY with the nice TD to win it outright!  Wow!  RBY leveled up.

Edited by jross

1 minute ago, NJDan said:

One was deserved. RBY stalled all second period, too.

Sure, I'm fine with the stall call on the ride.  And I could even see an argument for the second call, although I think it was very poor.  But then to hit him again 10 seconds later on a routine out of bounds call??

1 minute ago, BAC said:

Boy they did their best to take that from RBY didn’t they.

Opinions vary.....I think the last one was legit...can't just back off the mat. Took way too long for the first one to be called.  It's the 2nd one that is subjective. 

And I was pulling for RBY, but he certainly wasn't doing anything but stuck in neutral and tapping reverse every few seconds. 

RBY is so tough. He was having difficulty finding an opening on Fix — which is understandable given how good he is — and he had the mental strength to not get desperate and make an unwise attack, even after Fix got a penalty point for “stalling.”

Just now, VakAttack said:

He stalled on top. You can't call two stalls in 15 seconds. It's not like Fix was doing a whole lot.

Fix shot a few times, at least half shots. I was surprised by the second call, but not the first. Anyway, RBY won.

3 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

He stalled on top. You can't call two stalls in 15 seconds. It's not like Fix was doing a whole lot.

Yes. First was defensible. Second was an outrage. 

2 minutes ago, Katie said:

RBY is so tough. He was having difficulty finding an opening on Fix — which is understandable given how good he is — and he had the mental strength to not get desperate and make an unwise attack, even after Fix got a penalty point for “stalling.”

I think his riding opened him up.  Fix knows he has to score in OT because RBY rode him so easily that OTs are a losing proposition for Fix.  RBY then scores the reattack.  Being a complete wrestler helps.

Good to see the refs having the courage to call stalling when it was warranted, regardless of the situation. I was glad to see RBY win. But, let's be honest, he stalled the vast majority of the 2nd and 3rd periods. I'd much rather have the refs call stalling when there is stalling rather than swallow their whistles and let guys stall without consequence. 

Edited by Return of Aztec