BTC

Iowa won the title but Penn St won the day

Would you rather win the title and have a champ or come second and have four? I thought fir sure the former, but watching this, I’ll take the latter. Absolutely unbelievable job by PSU coaches. Hat off to them. This is more impressive than the other time they had four during Hall’a freshman year. 

4 titles with no team title must be a record.  With some supporting roles next season and Iowa will feel the pressure.  

SVN says, “Hello.”

I wonder if they will bump Eierman up to 149 and suck Marin back down.

Because while Eierman-Lee will always be a good one, SVN is going to wreck Murin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Le duke said:

SVN says, “Hello.”

I wonder if they will bump Eierman up to 149 and suck Marin back down.

Because while Eierman-Lee will always be a good one, SVN is going to wreck Murin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yanni will be back and isn’t going to let anyone get a pass to a title next year. 

10 minutes ago, wrestlingnerd said:

Would you rather win the title and have a champ or come second and have four? I thought fir sure the former, but watching this, I’ll take the latter. Absolutely unbelievable job by PSU coaches. Hat off to them. This is more impressive than the other time they had four during Hall’a freshman year. 

Wrestling to me always has been and always will be an individual sport first. The latter 10000%.

Also remember 2009 when Metcalf lost to Caldwell? Iowa won the team title with no Champs and it imo it almost felt like a consolation prize.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

23 minutes ago, MadMardigain said:

4 titles with no team title must be a record.  With some supporting roles next season and Iowa will feel the pressure.  

Heck of a way to reload. If you gotta do it, this is the way to do it.

23 minutes ago, BigTenFanboy said:

I must really burn you that PSU won 4 weights.. 2 of which Iowa was favored. You can have the team title this year but like it or not this year will have an * next to it.

Ahh it really doesnt burn that much. I will take the team title. You boys enjoy 2nd.

I believe RBY, Lee, Starocci, and Brooks are happier with their title then with a team title and a loss.  I also buy that Iowa fans are depressed right now.  Their coronation night is ruined.  But PSU fans declaring they'd rather lose and win individual titles is just trying to polish a turd.  

6 minutes ago, boconnell said:

I believe RBY, Lee, Starocci, and Brooks are happier with their title then with a team title and a loss.  I also buy that Iowa fans are depressed right now.  Their coronation night is ruined.  But PSU fans declaring they'd rather lose and win individual titles is just trying to polish a turd.  

Well each team hangs their hat on what fits your narrative.  Team title or multiple individual titles, each group will make their point. 

Edited by MadMardigain

1 minute ago, boconnell said:

Kem has a chance next year. If he didnt I would be upset. Starochi made some adjustments and it was impressive. I think Kem will find a way to get to the legs next year. I also think Iowa gets more AAs next year.

1 minute ago, MadMardigain said:

Well you are going to hang your hat on what fits your narrative.  Team title or multiple individual titles, each group will make their point. 

But the PSU fans have made very clear in recent years how much team titles matter to them.  They are the best program in the sport and they are in 2nd and trying too hard to convince everyone this is actually what they like.  

6 minutes ago, boconnell said:

Really? If you were RBY, Lee, Starocci, or Brooks' parent would you rather your kid lose in the finals and the team win the team title? Or the inverse? Which would you be happier with?

1 minute ago, boconnell said:

But the PSU fans have made very clear in recent years how much team titles matter to them.  They are the best program in the sport and they are in 2nd and trying too hard to convince everyone this is actually what they like.  

We aren't trying to convince you of anything other than we are happy with the way our guys wrestled. This is a reload year with 6 freshman. This team wrestled farking great. That is a joy to watch. Their future is as bright as ever. They'll come back and win this next year. Book it. 

Just now, TBar1977 said:

We aren't trying to convince you of anything other than we are happy with the way our guys wrestled. This is a reload year with 6 freshman. This team wrestled farking great. That is a joy to watch. Their future is as bright as ever. They'll come back and win this next year. Book it. 

You guys were awesome.  The youth of your performance is scary.  Congrats on a magical night and I hope you lose all of your matches next year.