BTC

Iowa won the title but Penn St won the day

1 minute ago, VakAttack said:

Ahhh, the picture of "I'm totally happy with how this played out."

If only we had some way of determining what was most important to Spencer Lee....

""He said, 'Dad, all I need you to do is support me, because we are not going to lose the team national title because I didn't wrestle,'" Larry Lee told the Register. "He said, 'That will not happen. I'm wrestling.'"

https://www.hawkcentral.com/story/sports/college/iowa/wrestling/2021/03/20/ncaa-championships-2021-iowa-wrestling-spencer-lee-hawkeyes-finalist-tom-brands-brandon-courtney/4784565001/

Considering he already has numerous individual titles.. hes looking for something else. The fact is if not for hismindivudal titles, he wouldnt even be thinking along those lines.

1 minute ago, BigTenFanboy said:

The fans want their favorite wrestlers to win titles. Your trying to convince yourself your happier with Eirman, Kemerer, and Marinelli coming up short. 

*you're

Think of it like this:  "Your favorite team took second, though I'm sure you're going to pretend something else is what really matters."

Considering he already has numerous individual titles.. hes looking for something else. The fact is if not for hismindivudal titles, he wouldnt even be thinking along those lines.

Ahhh, well who would know Spencer Lee's feelings better than you.

3 minutes ago, BigTenFanboy said:

The fans want their favorite wrestlers to win titles. Your trying to convince yourself your happier with Eirman, Kemerer, and Marinelli coming up short. 

Iowa got their 24th NCAA title. Im happy that Iowa's ten wrestlers were able to do that. Congrats on 4 champs. Maybe if Robbie Howard and Joe Lee were half the recruits you guys claimed they were, yall would have won. Instead, Iowa just has a better team.

Edited by Drake_Mallard

Just now, VakAttack said:

*you're

Think of it like this:  "Your favorite team took second, though I'm sure you're going to pretend something else is what really matters."

Correction. The team with my favorite coach won the most Golds. Thats what always has and always will matter. Didnt you read where i said 2011 was a paper win for PSU with Taylor losing in the finals?

Just now, Drake_Mallard said:

Iowa got their 24th NCAA title. Im happy that ten wrestlers were able to do. Congrats on 4 champs. Maybe if Robbie Howard and Joe Lee were half the recruits you guys claimed they were, yall would have won. Instead, Iowa just has a better team.

1 champ. Who would have won his title at any school.

3 minutes ago, Drake_Mallard said:

Iowa got their 24th NCAA title. Im happy that Iowa's ten wrestlers were able to do that. Congrats on 4 champs. Maybe if Robbie Howard and Joe Lee were half the recruits you guys claimed they were, yall would have won. Instead, Iowa just has a better team.

And they had 23% fewer AA’S than expected and 66% fewer champs than expected.

Great job!

5 minutes ago, BigTenFanboy said:

Correction. The team with my favorite coach won the most Golds. Thats what always has and always will matter. Didnt you read where i said 2011 was a paper win for PSU with Taylor losing in the finals?

Again, you don't get to define the parameters of the competition.  The NCAA does.  That's why PSU celebrates their team championships beyond any of their individual championships.  Keep trying though.

Just now, VakAttack said:

Again, you don't get to define the parameters of the competition.  The NCAA does.  That's why PSU celebrates their team championships beyond any of their individual championships.  Keep trying though.

Those team championships came with Multiple individual championships. Those parameters you speakmof indicate a paper championship.

Iowa had the better team, but PSU had the better night. It's not hard to admit Iowa won the war, but PSU won the most visible battle. In the end, you prefer the war, but you can't keep losing that battle and expect to win the next war. 

I'm reaching Gilman-level war analogies and I apologize profusely.

1 minute ago, uncle bernard said:

Iowa had the better team, but PSU had the better night. It's not hard to admit Iowa won the war, but PSU won the most visible battle. In the end, you prefer the war, but you can't keep losing that battle and expect to win the next war. 

I'm reaching Gilman-level war analogies and I apologize profusely.

Gilman is a traitor to Vak.

Those team championships came with Multiple individual championships. Those parameters you speakmof indicate a paper championship.

Come on don't be ridiculous. It's not a "paper" championship. They had the best overall team. They had a 1 seed score 4 points and default out and still won by 15. Their 149 lost 2 SV matches and a team point. A hair away from the semis and ends up only contributing a single point. And they still won by 15 points.

PSU had an incredible tournament. You should be proud and elated about that. And they still lost by 15 points. That's how much better Iowa was this year.

Just now, uncle bernard said:

Come on don't be ridiculous. It's not a "paper" championship. They had the best overall team. They had a 1 seed score 4 points and default out and still won by 15. Their 149 lost 2 SV matches and a team point. A hair away from the semis and ends up only contributing a single point. And they still won by 15 points.

PSU had an incredible tournament. You should be proud and elated about that. And they still lost by 15 points. That's how much better Iowa was this year.

Yes. They Iowa should have won by a ton more and they didnt. The team title was a forgone concolusion before the tournamnet even began. Paper champs.

7 minutes ago, BigTenFanboy said:

Yes. They Iowa should have won by a ton more and they didnt. The team title was a forgone concolusion before the tournamnet even began. Paper champs.

"They were so good that they had a bad tournament with bad luck, so they only won by 15 points and therefore they aren't the real champs." Stupidity.

1 minute ago, uncle bernard said:

"They were so good that they had a bad tournament with bad luck, so they only won by 15 points and therefore they aren't the real champs." Stupidity.

Never said they werent the real champs. Said they were the paper champs. As in champs on paper.

Iowa winning was a forgone conclusion.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

7 minutes ago, BigTenFanboy said:

Never said they werent the real champs. Said they were the paper champs. As in champs on paper.

Iowa winning was a forgone conclusion.

I even posted I’d rather have 4 champs and lose than only 1 and win in this particular situation where Iowa was so favored ... but if Iowa is just a paper champ, isn’t PSU a paper champ just about every year it won, with the exception of maybe two years (Cornell and tOSU 2nd place years)? They were significant favorites just about every other year. Foregone conclusion has nothing to do with anything. Iowa was the best team this season, won fair and square (despite significant setbacks, e.g. Lee, Marinelli, etc.), and they are no less champs than any other team that has ever won a title.  

1 minute ago, wrestlingnerd said:

I even posted I’d rather have 4 champs and lose than only 1 and win in this particular situation where Iowa was so favored ... but if Iowa is just a paper champ, isn’t PSU a paper champ just about every year it won, with the exception of maybe two years (Cornell and tOSU 2nd place years)? They were significant favorites just about every other year. Foregone conclusion has nothing to do with anything. Iowa was the best team this season, won fair and square (despite significant setbacks, e.g. Lee, Marinelli, etc.), and they are no less champs than any other team that has ever won a title.  

Scroll up. Yes. 2011 paper champs. The other years they had the same amount of champs as others.