BTC

Iowa won the title but Penn St won the day

Just now, HurricaneWrestling2 said:

Come on, guys.  This is pointless.  Can't we all just agree with the words of the immortal Grantland Rice:

For when the One Great Scorer comes To write against your name,

He marks-not that you won or lost- But how man finalists you had that won.

Edited by HurricaneWrestling2

This argument is dumb, Iowa won the title I don’t care if PSU won 6 individual titles the NCAA awards the team title to the team with the most points... BTFB everyone understands your logic even though it’s not correct and guaranteed if PSU had won the team title you’d be bragging about that.

I don’t have a dog in this fight and again I can’t believe I’m defending Iowa but they are the champs.

I would think BTFB could get more of a rise out the Iowa supporter because Iowa’s team title comes with two high level transfers and mostly Pennsylvania studs but hey that’s just me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, 4awrestler said:

This argument is dumb, Iowa won the title I don’t care if PSU won 6 individual titles the NCAA awards the team title to the team with the most points... BTFB everyone understands your logic even though it’s not correct and guaranteed if PSU had won the team title you’d be bragging about that.

I don’t have a dog in this fight and again I can’t believe I’m defending Iowa but they are the champs.

I would think BTFB could get more of a rise out the Iowa supporter because Iowa’s team title comes with two high level transfers and mostly Pennsylvania studs but hey that’s just me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing wrong with PA boys wrestling for Iowa.

And no. If PSU won the team title with 1 champion vs Iowa winning 4 with a bunch of PSU guys losing rematches they won previously, I would be here saying it feels like a hallow win.

21 minutes ago, HurricaneWrestling2 said:

Come on, guys.  This pointless.  Can't we all just agree with the words of he immortal Grantland Rice:

For when the One Great Scorer comes To write against your name,

He marks-not that you won or lost- But how man finalists you had that won.

No we cant.

2 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

You think he goes 2 full cadavar ligaments  or does he let them borrow a pair of ligaments from somewhere else in his legs? Tough choice for an elite athlete.

Maybe gore tex ligaments. I think it's possible to return in a few months. I remember some Olympic athlete (Field Hockey, maybe) going this route and was back in 3 months. I think they say it will require replacement again much sooner than the more natural ways but ...

2 hours ago, BigTenFanboy said:

Im fine with 4 v 1. I liked real titles.

You know those 4 titles come with a huge asterisk, right broski? You don't really believe PSU would have had that many individual champions in a non-Covid, non-Olympic year, right?

In any case, there's a middle ground here. One of the great things about wrestling is that it's both an individual and a team sport.

Edited by wrestleFan12