BTC

Iowa won the title but Penn St won the day

1 minute ago, BigTenFanboy said:

No one cares. Also Sasso didnt have the takedown.

historically the call has been takedown.  As far as actual rules I do not know. However I believe the commentators know wrestling better than you and they thought it was a td.  And yes a tournament could have occurred last year which ufc 149 proved. 

2 minutes ago, shieldofpistis said:

historically the call has been takedown.  As far as actual rules I do not know. However I believe the commentators know wrestling better than you and they thought it was a td.  And yes a tournament could have occurred last year which ufc 149 proved. 

You have to have control of both legs. Not 1 leg and a hand on the foot.

The commentators also thought Fix was called for stalling when he pushed RBY out of bounds.

And you never did that kickstarter? SHAME ON YOU!

Edited by BigTenFanboy

Its hilarious how badly you want PSU fans to be upset.. when its Iowa fans that have the salty after taste in their mouth.
You've literally created your own award to try to claim your team won a tournament they lost, flying in the face of your own coach's statements, but yes, other people are dissatisfied.

Me: great job Iowa winning the tournament by the rules and scoring system we've used for decades!

You: man, so salty that you didn't actually win, since me, random poster on the internet, has decided that actually Penn State won, because I think we should count it another way. Why are you so salty that you're trying to pretend tournament points is how we determine a winner in the NCAA tournament?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Just now, VakAttack said:

You've literally created your own award to try to claim your team won a tournament they lost, flying in the face of your own coach's statements, but yes, other people are dissatisfied.

Me: great job Iowa winning the tournament by the rules and scoring system we've used for decades!

You: man, so salty that you didn't actually win, since me, random poster on the internet, has decided that actually Penn State won, because I think we should count it another way. Why are you so salty that you're trying to pretend tournament points is how we determine a winner in the NCAA tournament?

False. I never created any award, you did. I simply said the value is in who wins the most individual titles. No "award" needed.

4 minutes ago, BigTenFanboy said:

You have to have control of both legs. Not 1 leg and a hand on the foot.

And you never did that kickstarter? SHAME ON YOU!

Why would I? You would have followed me around turning people off by saying it's impossible. Not sure why you seem to like to follow me 

Just now, VakAttack said:

I created the award of team NCAA champions? Are you on meth or something?

No... you created the AWARD for most individual titles. I said the value is and always has been.. and always will be in individual titles.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

No... you created the AWARD for most individual titles. I said the value is and always has been.. and always will be in individual titles.
Thank God for your significant other you're terrible at gaslighting, but I'm sure insanely frustrating for them that you are unable to put together any sort coherent argument but you do love to hear (or read) your own thoughts.

2 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Thank God for your significant other you're terrible at gaslighting, but I'm sure insanely frustrating for them that you are unable to put together any sort coherent argument but you do love to hear (or read) your own thoughts.

Thank God you're happy with all the consolation prizes. Whatever will you do when Spencer Lee graduates and theres no one else to win individual titles for you.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

Thank God you're happy with all the consolation prizes. Whatever will you do when Spencer Lee graduates and theres no one else to win individual titles for you.
The NCAA Championship, the ultimate prize in the sport, is the consolation prize. You continue to astound. You should tell Cael he doesn't know what he's doing.

3 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

The NCAA Championship, the ultimate prize in the sport, is the consolation prize. You continue to astound. You should tell Cael he doesn't know what he's doing.

The ultimate prize is an individual title. FACT. Cael already knows this fact.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

It's not Cael's decision. Whether he prefers individual titles or not, the most imporant metric an AD tracks is national championships of the team kind. Cael is a god in wrestling and justifiably so, but in the NCAA sporting landscape, he has a boss who cares about those team titles more than anything else. 

We can debate how great it must feel to go 100% with almost half your line-up in the finals again versus how great it must feel to get a title back after a decade long drought (my personal preference is squarely in the former camp). But outside of our little wrestling world, team titles matter the most. I can guarantee you that Cael cares a LOT about team titles and very likely more than individual titles. If given the choice of pulling a Minny every year here on out (10 AAs, 0 champs, team title) and 4-4 in the finals but 2nd place, he would not even think for a second and choose the former.

It's not Cael's decision. Whether he prefers individual titles or not, the most imporant metric an AD tracks is national championships of the team kind. Cael is a god in wrestling and justifiably so, but in the NCAA sporting landscape, he has a boss who cares about those team titles more than anything else. 
We can debate how great it must feel to go 100% with almost half your line-up in the finals again versus how great it must feel to get a title back after a decade long drought (my personal preference is squarely in the former camp). But outside of our little wrestling world, team titles matter the most. I can guarantee you that Cael cares a LOT about team titles and very likely more than individual titles. If given the choice of pulling a Minny every year here on out (10 AAs, 0 champs, team title) and 4-4 in the finals but 2nd place, he would not even think for a second and choose the former.
Exactly. It's a wonderful accomplishment and Penn State fans have every right to be excited about what it portends. Many are making them favorites next year. But the accomplishment is what it is, no more, no less. They won four individual titles. They lost the team championship. They were not the best team this year.