BTC

Iowa won the title but Penn St won the day

1 minute ago, swoopdown said:

So winning the battles is more important than winning the war?  Someone needs to notify the Armed Forces.

Our Military stopped fighting to win Decades ago,  If they were fighting to win you think Afghanistan would last a Week?  much less 20 Years.

With tonights performance, enjoy your hallow victory.
Gold medals are what matter most. Always have and always will.

I will definitely enjoy my "hallow" victory, thank you again for your obviously sincere congratulations following your favorite team losing to my favorite team. Let's go take a look at the NCAA page...

4db24beffbf351d58e5f14774c8e2b02.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, VakAttack said:

I will definitely enjoy my "hallow" victory, thank you again for your obviously sincere congratulations following your favorite team losing to my favorite team. Let's go take a look at the NCAA page...

4db24beffbf351d58e5f14774c8e2b02.jpg

You could have posted that before the season started. Thats statistic was a forgone conclusion.

4 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Just like "most individual champions", they don't award a trophy for "big favorite to win at the end of the season."

True, but if Iowa didnt win it would be a total collapse. The team title was never in question so to act like its something to get excited about is silly. 3 of 4 champs that were not expected to win is something to get excited about.

Serious question here.

Would you rather the mens Olympic freestyle team win 6 bronze medals? Or 3 gold with 3 DNP's?

I vote for the latter.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

True, but if Iowa didnt win it would be a total collapse. The team title was never in question so to act like its something to get excited about is silly. 3 of 4 champs that were not expected to win is something to get excited about.

Congratulations to Arizona State for winning the war in 2011 and being the real winner of 2011 NCAA season, since you had more champions than Penn State.

Imagine acting like winning the team title is not a big deal because you were the favorite, lol. And that, really, your own favorite team won despite the scoreboard. And you do all that while being a Penn State fan, a program which has rightfully touted their team success since they started winning.

When Penn State writes about their success, which accomplishment gets the top line? Thanks, moving on.

2 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Congratulations to Arizona State for winning the war in 2011 and being the real winner of 2011 NCAA season, since you had more champions than Penn State.

Imagine acting like winning the team title is not a big deal because you were the favorite, lol. And that, really, your own favorite team won despite the scoreboard. And you do all that while being a Penn State fan, a program which has rightfully touted their team success since they started winning.

When Penn State writes about their success, which accomplishment gets the top line? Thanks, moving on.

I would argee with that 100%. Did you not read my earlier post about Taylor losing?

Pennstate doesnt write about it. Everyone write about it. I call it lazy journalism.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

Vak- pretty simple. If PSU won 2 individual titles and Iowa won 1. Different story and Iowa fans should be happy as heck and cheering like banshees.

It wasn’t 2-1. It was 4-1 and 2 of those were underdogs.

PSU fans can’t feel better about how this tournament went (Besides Berge Injury). That’s just facts. Iowa in the other hand has a handful of kids going home sick to their stomachs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If this thread means anything, psu fans, stop talking about how many team titles you've won recently.  They obviously mean nothing.  Just talk about individual titles. PSU's legendary run of team titles literally means nothing.

My guess is those wrestlers, who have been apart of these team title's, appreciate them a hell of a lot more then some of these fans seem to, even if they are just trying to paint a narrative that their team won the night despite losing.

Sincerely, an Indiana fan whose team isn't getting either individual or team titles.

Edited by Molsen

Vak- pretty simple. If PSU won 2 individual titles and Iowa won 1. Different story and Iowa fans should be happy as heck and cheering like banshees.

It wasn’t 2-1. It was 4-1 and 2 of those were underdogs.

PSU fans can’t feel better about how this tournament went (Besides Berge Injury). That’s just facts. Iowa in the other hand has a handful of kids going home sick to their stomachs

Sure they could have felt better. They could have won the tournament. I'm not saying Penn State fans can't be excited for their accomplishments or the future. Obviously, celebrate away. But pretending it's the superior accomplishment is hilarious. Iowa was a better team in the way we have decided to pick champions.

Again, personally, I would prefer a dual championship. And I don't know Iowa would won that dual. But this is what the vast majority wants, this is the mechanism we have decided picks our best team for a given season. The team that wins that is the best team.

Sure they could have felt better. They could have won the tournament. I'm not saying Penn State fans can't be excited for their accomplishments or the future. Obviously, celebrate away. But pretending it's the superior accomplishment is hilarious. Iowa was a better team in the way we have decided to pick champions. 

Again, personally, I would prefer a dual championship. And I don't know Iowa would won that dual. But this is what the vast majority wants, this is the mechanism we have decided picks our best team for a given season. The team that wins that is the best team.

My final thoughts on this.

Team Championships—super impressive

Individual titles-Super impressive

That being said and I’m being 100% honest. I feel much happier tonight than 2 yrs ago when we won team title and Mark and Cenzo lost in finals. And it’s not even close

8 minutes ago, Molsen said:

If this thread means anything, psu fans, stop talking about how many team titles you've won recently.  They obviously mean nothing.  Just talk about individual titles. PSU's legendary run of team titles literally means nothing.

My guess is those wrestlers, who have been apart of these team title's, appreciate them a hell of a lot more then some of these fans seem to, even if they are just trying to paint a narrative that their team won the night despite losing.

Sincerely, an Indiana fan whose team isn't getting either individual or team titles.

Its not a narrative that PSU won the night. Its a fact. 

8 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Can you answer my earlier question?

Would you rather the mens Olympic freestyle team win 6 bronze medals? Or 3 gold with 3 DNP's?

5 minutes ago, BigTenFanboy said:

Its not a narrative that PSU won the night. Its a fact. 

Psu won the night 3 weeks ago when Iowa needed to win by 80 or it was a failure. Which was literally never going to happen... What those individuals did was great, they were individual champions who put in the work, but Iowa won the night. You have individuals winners and the team champion.  Individuals won from psu, Iowa won. Its not that hard. Indiana, on the other hand, had neither.

Edited by Molsen

1 minute ago, Molsen said:

Psu won the night 3 weeks ago when Iowa needed to win by 80 or it was a failure. Which was literally never going to happen... What those individuals did was great, they were individuals who won, but Iowa won the night. You have individuals winners and the team champion.  Individuals won from psu, Iowa won. Its not that hard. Indiana, on the other hand, had neither.

The night started at 8pm and ended at about 11pm. During that time PSU won the night.

5 minutes ago, BigTenFanboy said:

The night started at 8pm and ended at about 11pm. During that time PSU won the night.

No, Rby, Lee, Starroci, and Brooks could have won the night.  Because the narrative psu fans are now pushing is individual Champs matter, psu doesn't matter, it's all individual. But before this year it was always the team title. Is it individual, or team that matters? If it's individual, then psu fans have been doing a awful lot of bragging because of the team titles they won, and probably should apologize for it, since now, team titles don't matter.

Edited by Molsen

4 trophies that say NCAA Champion.

How about answering my question

Would you rather the mens Olympic freestyle team win 6 bronze medals? Or 3 gold with 3 DNP's?

Congrats to those individuals. That's not the award for best team.

Just now, Molsen said:

No, Rby, Lee, Starroci, and Brooks could have won the night.  Because the narrative psu fans are now pushing is individual Champs matter. But before this year it was always the team title. Is it individual, or team that matters? If it's individual, then psu fans have been doing a awful lot of bragging because of the team titles they won.

Prior to this year PSU always dominated in the finals and typically won the most indidvual titles. I already said 2011 felt off with Taylor losing.

Just now, BigTenFanboy said:

Prior to this year PSU always dominated in the finals and typically won the most indidvual titles. I already said 2011 felt off with Taylor losing.

And prior to this year psu fans generally still talked about the team title. That is generally the focus. 

Ignoring my question i see. Game. Set. Match.
Lol. Somehow you think you asking an unrelated question deserves a response or is dispositive. It's really simple. What was the best team this year? The team that won the championship. No matter how ineloquently you try to contort the situation. Who won the team championship? Iowa. The best team.