Jump to content
Jimmy Cinnabon

Desanto - what happened

Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, Cruocified said:

Looks like a man to me, but no point getting into that debate.

Men have looked like women, and vice-versa since the dawn of time. It's not new. It's why baby boys are traditionally dressed in blue and girls in pink - otherwise you may not know.

Until recently, society has known this full well and has had the decency to not make a big deal about it.

When someone decides to make it a big deal, you have to ask yourself. What's the point? (More often than not, it's an effort to make fun of the subject. Which is stupid.)

Edited by GreatWhiteNorth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Men have looked like women, and vice-versa since the dawn of time. It's not new. It's why baby boys are traditionally dressed in blue and girls in pink - otherwise you may not know.

Until recently, society has known this full well and has had the decency to not make a big deal about it.

When someone decides to make it a big deal, you have to ask yourself. What's the point? (More often than not, it's an effort to make fun of the subject. Which is stupid.)

That's not even the issue. There are people acting as if it is worse because he allegedly said it to a woman instead of a man. What he allegedly said (according only to Pat Mineo so far) isn't gender specific. It should make no difference who he said it to, especially in an era where intent and circumstance no longer matter when it comes to words.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cruocified said:

That's not even the issue. There are people acting as if it is worse because he allegedly said it to a woman instead of a man. What he allegedly said (according only to Pat Mineo so far) isn't gender specific. It should make no difference who he said it to, especially in an era where intent and circumstance no longer matter when it comes to words.

Is Pat Mineo the dude who apparently had dirt on the US Olympic team and then provided no details or different dude?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surprised how quickly many of you are running with this given Mineo's track record. He's got a 50% accuracy rate (and that is mostly with east coast school where he has connections like rutgers and psu) at best and a well known hatred of the hawks.

Doesn't mean it didn't happen and he obviously did something gross. Just disappointing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, potentiallydangerous said:

If society had not been conditioned to be offended and horrified by everything for the past 50 years, the woman would have replied in the same tone as Desanto and nothing else would have happened.

Ah....so you think it was acceptable 50 years ago to go around threatening to kill women?? 

Let me tell you something: it wasn't. And I'll make a bet that you are the type of snowflake who routinely gets offended all the time by things TODAY. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ah....so you think it was acceptable 50 years ago to go around threatening to kill women?? 
Let me tell you something: it wasn't. And I'll make a bet that you are the type of snowflake who routinely gets offended all the time by things TODAY. 
I'm sure he was literally going to kill her.

Jackie Gleason was threatening to punch Alice to the moon on reruns of the Honeymooners 50 years ago. So yeah, it was acceptable to make off hand comments back then. Kinda like you bragging about your penis. We all know you're just trying to compensate for being small.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, cjc007 said:

I'm sure he was literally going to kill her.

Jackie Gleason was threatening to punch Alice to the moon on reruns of the Honeymooners 50 years ago. So yeah, it was acceptable to make off hand comments back then. Kinda like you bragging about your penis. We all know you're just trying to compensate for being small.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
 

Ah....I was wondering what set the moral standards in the Hawkeye community. Apparently "The Honeymooners" is that standard! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MadMardigain said:

Where is Willie putting this one on all time BS moves if Stencel putting his hand out to hit the unprotected area is #1?

What? I haven't heard this one. Did Stencel fake punching somebody in the balls at NCAAs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll regret posting on this thread, but here goes.  Whatever he actually said, Brands and DeSanto himself agreed it was inappropriate and deserving of punishment--should be end of story.  He did something wrong and everyone who matters in the Iowa camp admitted it. What he actually said, that's open to conjecture at this point, but there's no denying it was seriously wrong.  If he said he was going to kill someone, what the hell difference does it make if he didn't mean it literally?  It's not appropriate.  It's not acceptable of a decent person.  It's a d-bag move.  It's something a fifth grader would be punished for.

Talk has been that AD is on the spectrum and, while I don't have clinical records verifying that, his behavior is reminiscent of the many students on the spectrum I've dealt with as a teacher over the years.  The big word when AD left Drexel was that a harsh disciplinarian like Brands would straighten him and his behavior problems out, but year after year we see he's still the same guy he's always been (minus the flying kimura).  If he is on the spectrum, he should be having weekly (if not more frequent) meetings with a counselor/therapist to work with him on his lack of control in certain situations.  If he's not on the spectrum, he's got some major impulse control problems.  Basically, his behavioral problems need more than a wrestling coach to address.

Whatever he said, Brands has not defended him.  Done deal--dude needs some help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, cjc007 said:

I'm sure he was literally going to kill her.

Jackie Gleason was threatening to punch Alice to the moon on reruns of the Honeymooners 50 years ago. So yeah, it was acceptable to make off hand comments back then. Kinda like you bragging about your penis. We all know you're just trying to compensate for being small.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
 

"What's a rerun?" - Milton Baines

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, gimpeltf said:

BTW- I heard from someone there in the know. He did NOT threaten to kill anyone. I didn't ask (or particularly want to know) what he did say. It was very bad but not what was alleged.

If you dont know what was said, how do you know that it was "very bad?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BigTenFanboy said:

If you dont know what was said, how do you know that it was "very bad?"

Also, if you are going to make up a phony story, why not make up a good story?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
They got confused thinking that was a person when it is the tasmanian devil. They were on their way to put the muzzle on and put him back in the cage until next year. 
 

They should do that to Brands instead.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/21/2021 at 12:24 AM, Cruocified said:

That's not even the issue. There are people acting as if it is worse because he allegedly said it to a woman instead of a man. What he allegedly said (according only to Pat Mineo so far) isn't gender specific. It should make no difference who he said it to, especially in an era where intent and circumstance no longer matter when it comes to words.

“That’s not the issue. There are people’s acting as if it is worse because he allegedly said it to a woman”...

Says a “male” who obviously has no respect for women.  One wonders if you would feel the same way if it had been said to your Mother, Wife or Daughter.  Sadly...probably not!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BigTenFanboy said:

If you dont know what was said, how do you know that it was "very bad?"

I didn't say I knew it was very bad. Obviously, this came from that person there. You can believe that or not. Irrelevant to me what you believe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Coach_J said:

I'll regret posting on this thread, but here goes.  Whatever he actually said, Brands and DeSanto himself agreed it was inappropriate and deserving of punishment--should be end of story.  He did something wrong and everyone who matters in the Iowa camp admitted it. What he actually said, that's open to conjecture at this point, but there's no denying it was seriously wrong.  If he said he was going to kill someone, what the hell difference does it make if he didn't mean it literally?  It's not appropriate.  It's not acceptable of a decent person.  It's a d-bag move.  It's something a fifth grader would be punished for.

Talk has been that AD is on the spectrum and, while I don't have clinical records verifying that, his behavior is reminiscent of the many students on the spectrum I've dealt with as a teacher over the years.  The big word when AD left Drexel was that a harsh disciplinarian like Brands would straighten him and his behavior problems out, but year after year we see he's still the same guy he's always been (minus the flying kimura).  If he is on the spectrum, he should be having weekly (if not more frequent) meetings with a counselor/therapist to work with him on his lack of control in certain situations.  If he's not on the spectrum, he's got some major impulse control problems.  Basically, his behavioral problems need more than a wrestling coach to address.

Whatever he said, Brands has not defended him.  Done deal--dude needs some help.

Far too rational to be part of this thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...