GranbyTroll

I really enjoyed the "Spenser Lee has 2 ACLs" Era

He also said something along the lines of "I don't know what's next", I'm pretty sure, during the post match interview.

I think there is a very realistic chance he doesn't participate in the trials. Heck, he also said he promised Marinelli he would win him a title. It's only fair that Alex return the favor. Could he possibly take a redshirt year to get surgery?

I saw the interview as well, and it is my feeling that Spencer will not be wrestling in Texas at the trials. My thought is that he will do whatever he needs to do medically to get ready for next season. 

Edited by de4856
Additional information

He can just take his regular redshirt. Crazy thought, but imagine if Spencer had taken a redshirt, then won a title, then took an Olympic redshirt. This season would be his sophomore year, but he'd still have three more years to compete. He'd be like Fix except capable of winning national titles and no steroids.

50 minutes ago, Mr. Poopy butthole said:

He also said something along the lines of "I don't know what's next", I'm pretty sure, during the post match interview.

I think there is a very realistic chance he doesn't participate in the trials. Heck, he also said he promised Marinelli he would win him a title. It's only fair that Alex return the favor. Could he possibly take a redshirt year to get surgery?

I think it's 50/50 whether we see him at the OTT or not. If he doesn't make the Olympic team, he should get surgery ASAP. 

12 minutes ago, wamba said:

This is your first take after you find out he won a title with no ACL’s?

My first take was all about the drama. He one upped Yianni winning on one torn acl by announcing that he had won on two torn acls. 

Still has a ways to go as I doubt he can match Robles winning on one LEG.

Seems like he has nothing left to prove in NCAA wrestling, a hobbled Lee dominated. Who is going to challenge him in college?  I would like to see him focus on international, get his par terre to the same level as his folkstyle tilts.

Maybe do the Kyle Snyder route and show up for big tens and NCAAs

Sounds like a great idea to get the surgery now, take his RS next season, get healthy.  Then he has choices.  I can’t see him passing up another college season to cement his legacy and join the 4x champ club.  

Next Olympics is only 3 years away.  He’ll still be a young man. 

15 minutes ago, Jim L said:

Seems like he has nothing left to prove in NCAA wrestling, a hobbled Lee dominated. Who is going to challenge him in college?  I would like to see him focus on international, get his par terre to the same level as his folkstyle tilts.

Maybe do the Kyle Snyder route and show up for big tens and NCAAs

He’s already said his goals coming into college were 4 individual titles and 2 team titles, so pretty confident he’ll come back.

But if he’s still not 100% Arujua and/or Glory can probably “challenge” him.