Perry

Penn State Has the Best Coaching Staff

35 minutes ago, simple said:

Wait, did they not want to beat Iowa or MN in 2010/11? MN in 2011/12? Iowa in 2012/13? MN in 2013/14?

Btw, here is where your logic fails. You think because Iowa won in a dual in 2011 that they'd have won in any type of National Championship Dual that year as well. By that silly logic, Jaydin Eierman would have beaten Nick Lee and Grampa  Kemerer would have beaten Carter Starocci at this year's NCAA tournament because, you know, they beat them at Big10s so therefore they MUST be able to repeat that same feat later when it REALLY counts, except they didn't. 

Edited by TBar1977

In the 2011 dual Iowa got some upsets and beat PSU. 

What happened at the NCAA Tournament and what would have happened if there were no NCAA Tournament because it had been replaced by a National Duals format? PSU would win. Here is why.

In their regular season dual ...

PSU won at 149, 157, 174 and Hwt. with Molinaro, DT, Ed Ruth and Cam Wade beating Blake Raising. At the end of the year those guys all still win, but maybe DT pins for the win. Maybe he just repeats his win at your fantasy natty dual. Molinaro and Ruth who had each won by 7, maybe they now win by 8. Remember, this is a post season fantasy dual that never happened, and I can make up any result I want here. I give PSU minimum of +2 at these combined weights. 

Iowa got a pin over a PSU back up at 125. Brad Patacky does not get pinned at the end of the year. Maybe he only loses by DEC. Minus 3 for Iowa. 

133 Ramos upset Andrew Long in the dual. By year's end Ramos would lose to Hofstra and fail to AA while Long would finish 3rd. If that were a dual, Long wins. Minus 3 for Iowa, Plus 3 for PSU. 

141Montell Marion beats Andrew Alton on the dual. This is the match where Alton nearly pinned Marion before Montel came back to win. Marion outplaced him at NCAAs but didn't get bonus there so lets assume that win by DEC result would carry over to a dual. 

165 in the dual Jannsen for Iowa won by DEC. Same result end of year. 

184 Grant Gambrall beat Quentin Wright in the dual that year. Kind of an upset. By the end of the year Wright had avenged that loss and, surprise-surprise - won the NCAA Championship. Kind of what PSU does. So if this fantasy Natty Duals Thingy would have happened, I'm going with Q. Wright by FALL. Just as Q Wright won by FALL over Gambrall at NCAAs. Minus 3 for Iowa, Plus 6 for _PSU. 

197 Luke Lofthouse majored Justin Ortega in the dual that year. I give him the same result in a Natty Dual fantasy match. 

So who won? In the dual Iowa won 22-13. 

By end of year, PSU would have won easily. Final score PSU is +2, +3, +6 for a new total of 24. Iowa is minus 3, minus 3 and minus 3 at those weights for a new score of 13. The score is basically reversed. 

PSU 24  Iowa 13

16 minutes ago, simple said:

Soooo they didn’t want to win?

This is why PSU sits on top. You Iowa fans accept just pestering PSU fans on the internet with silly questions. When it counts most PSU's wrestling team answers them. 

17 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

This is why PSU sits on top. You Iowa fans accept just pestering PSU fans on the internet with silly questions. When it counts most PSU's wrestling team answers them. 

What does sits on top mean? Theyre the best wrestling team? Because Iowa fans pester PSU fans on the internet? I actually don’t think those things are related at all. That’s pretty delusional and narcissistic to think the fans matter at all in that sense.

So silly you won’t answer it despite it being directly related to your original post that it was responding to. I also like making fun of Iowa fans even more than I do PSU fans!

Edited by simple

14 minutes ago, simple said:

What does sits on top mean? Theyre the best wrestling team? Because Iowa fans pester PSU fans on the internet? I actually don’t think those things are related at all. That’s pretty delusional and narcissistic to think the fans matter at all in that sense.

So silly you won’t answer it despite it being directly related to your original post that it was responding to. I also like making fun of Iowa fans even more than I do PSU fans!

Fans don't matter to the wrestlers, but the whole Iowa mindset is fixated on PSU. You see it all over HR. Guys like the Mallard who I have on ignore bleed onto other sites and it bleeds here. You guys need to improve your team and stop worrying about PSU as much as you do, and yes I am aware you won this year. Perfect storm. 

1 minute ago, TBar1977 said:

Fans don't matter to the wrestlers, but the whole Iowa mindset is fixated on PSU. You see it all over HR. Guys like the Mallard who I have on ignore bleed onto other sites and it bleeds here. You guys need to improve your team and stop worrying about PSU as much as you do, and yes I am aware you won this year. Perfect storm. 

Dude, why are you soooooooo obsessed with what is posted on HR? Don't you supposedly have a wife and kids? JFC man, go outside, do some bird watching. Get some sort of hobby. It is frightening how furiously you police a board designed for biased old fart fanatics of a college sports team.

1 hour ago, Molsen said:

I can't answer that. But are you suggesting that psu purposely lost because they felt like it? I'd assume they came out and competed to win, and it didn't work out. But they did win the NCAAs which is all that really matters apparently. 

No, they did not purposely lose a dual. That isn't the point I am making. What I am saying, since you brought up natty duals, is say quite simply that if we settled championships with duals PSU would still have won just as many as they won in a tournament format.

No way to prove one way or the other, but I made the case for 2011 PSU over Iowa. Lost their dual, would have flipped the result by end of year.

8 minutes ago, Mr. Poopy butthole said:

Dude, why are you soooooooo obsessed with what is posted on HR? Don't you supposedly have a wife and kids? JFC man, go outside, do some bird watching. Get some sort of hobby. It is frightening how furiously you police a board designed for biased old fart fanatics of a college sports team.

The internet is for discussion. 

21 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

In one breath you talk about how Hawk fans need to worry about our own team whilst talking about how much you are on HR.  Even you have to see the irony there. Losing the national championship to Iowa just has not set well with PSU fans. 

It seems obvious to me which program has the best coaching staff: the one with most of the NCAA titles the last 10 years. I don't think they are better straight across the board though, I think Tom/Terry Brands are the best "little guy coaches" in the business.  I say that as an Okie with no skin in the argument. 

Edited by TobusRex

51 minutes ago, Twooooo said:

In one breath you talk about how Hawk fans need to worry about our own team whilst talking about how much you are on HR.  Even you have to see the irony there. Losing the national championship to Iowa just has not set well with PSU fans. 

Funny, I loved NCAAs this year. A team full of freshman predicted a month earlier to maybe, just maybe, win one weight and lose the team race by 90 instead wins 4 weights and makes it close all the while seriously making Saturday night a PSU commercial endorsement. Awesome!

6 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Funny, I loved NCAAs this year. A team full of freshman predicted a month earlier to maybe, just maybe, win one weight and lose the team race by 90 instead wins 4 weights and makes it close all the while seriously making Saturday night a PSU commercial endorsement. Awesome!

If that helps you sleep at night I guess you can look at it anyway you'd like.  I am not sure I saw one Iowa fan making predictions that they were going to win by 90 points, it was only PSU fans and Johnny Cinnabon saying that so it would look like Iowa messed the bed if they did not win by 90.  I can agree that Hawk fans (as well as most others) said they were the clear favorites, and they were but I am not sure you can pick out one true Iowa fan that said we were going to win by 90.  The team race wasn't anywhere near close and all the PSU fans jump on the boards saying it was a bad night for the Hawks.  Sure the outcome of two matches wasn't what Hawk fans wanted but the bottom line is the Hawks are at the top where they belong and PSU fans just can't seem to handle it.  Jumping on line and creating post of (14-0, PSU has the best coaches, Iowa won the team championships but PSU owns the night).  If those help you guys sleep at night fine, but Iowa won and PSU just cannot stand it!  Again, you say to worry about our own team all the while posting how much you are on HR. 

15 minutes ago, Twooooo said:

If that helps you sleep at night I guess you can look at it anyway you'd like.  I am not sure I saw one Iowa fan making predictions that they were going to win by 90 points, it was only PSU fans and Johnny Cinnabon saying that so it would look like Iowa messed the bed if they did not win by 90.  I can agree that Hawk fans (as well as most others) said they were the clear favorites, and they were but I am not sure you can pick out one true Iowa fan that said we were going to win by 90.  The team race wasn't anywhere near close and all the PSU fans jump on the boards saying it was a bad night for the Hawks.  Sure the outcome of two matches wasn't what Hawk fans wanted but the bottom line is the Hawks are at the top where they belong and PSU fans just can't seem to handle it.  Jumping on line and creating post of (14-0, PSU has the best coaches, Iowa won the team championships but PSU owns the night).  If those help you guys sleep at night fine, but Iowa won and PSU just cannot stand it!  Again, you say to worry about our own team all the while posting how much you are on HR. 

Woah there bud.  You're kind of doing the same thing accusing TBar of stating all Hawkeye fans thought they'd win by 90 points and then stating all PSU fans cant stand taking second.  On the BWI forum and  other outlets for PSU wrestling most fans thought PSU had a great showing and are ok with second.  Sure every fan would've loved to win it but most PSU fans were realistic and knew the chances were close to Zero.  Yes, Saturday night was a better night for PSU than Iowa.  Doesn't take away from the Hawkeyes team title but it was exciting to watch as a PSU fan.  There is a lot to be excited about for PSU's future and its looking like the Nit's are set up nicely to go on another multi year title run.  

Edited by portajohn

9 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

I know someone else who is fixated on PSU...

9 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

Improve our team.... from first place to what? This thread is Tbar claiming victory after defeat, and somehow that is the fault of Iowa fans being obsessed with PSU even though he admittedly frequents their fansite and clearly has a hard-on for me. If this isnt satire, its kind of sad.

Edited by Drake_Mallard

14 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

Ranking services had Iowa winning over PSU by 90 during the season. 

Sleep just fine. PSU is taking off on another long run. 

Can you explain to me how rankings == predictions? I mean, you yourself harped a mighty fine tune about how "young" the PSU team was (nevermind that some of their freshman had been in the PSU room for 3 years) so how could they have been ranked anywhere above were they were at. 

And although historical rankings are trickier to find, I don't recall any publication, at any point in time, ranking Iowa 90 points ahead of PSU.

You're killing it in the reasoning and logic department recently, champ.

I won't look all day because I don't feel like it, but spending only 3 minutes I found WIN's Feb. 15 rankings that have Iowa 79 points ahead of PSU. I'm sure if I spent some legit time I would find one of the 90 pt. delta rankings. 

11 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

I won't look all day because I don't feel like it, but spending only 3 minutes I found WIN's Feb. 15 rankings that have Iowa 79 points ahead of PSU. I'm sure if I spent some legit time I would find one of the 90 pt. delta rankings. 

1 minute ago, Le duke said:

At one point in time, Flo had PSU 80.5 points behind Iowa. Their 01 FEB ranking. 

https://www.flowrestling.org/rankings/6746846-2020-21-ncaa-di-rankings/37490-team-tournament-ranking

So? You ladies keep awarding yourselves consolation awards. Honestly, Iowa fans took their losses way better than you babies.  Its pathetic.

Edited by Drake_Mallard