gobraves101905

ASU on the Podium

16 minutes ago, gobraves101905 said:

Still have a couple holes to fill.  In great position to improve and make a run to move up to third next year. Think they are 3 years away from being serious top of the podium contender. 

Well 1 less west coast team to recruit against. ASU might have monopoly before to long. I kept trying to figure out who the loss of Stanford benefits the most and kept landing on ASU.

15 minutes ago, nom said:

Really?  Are there many that have Stanford and ASU on their list at the same time?  

I subscribe to the theory that the loss of a program benefits another program. ASU seems the most logical based on location and proformance. But I see your point academically.

27 minutes ago, TripNSweep said:

I'm disappointed by Norfleet. Munoz looked good but came up short. I think everyone but Valencia is back next year. If they can land a transfer to give them some points, then they might be right there. 

Valencia coming back would be huge. If not, there’s another hole. Vasquez should slot in at 149. Tanner Harvey sure would fill a hole nicely. Norfleet sure did disappoint. Thought he had the best chance of any ASU wrestler to make the finals. Munoz shows how great of potential he has one match. Then shows how much work is left to be do one in the next match. ASU needs to wrestle as many tournaments next season as possible. 

2 minutes ago, Sublime607 said:

I subscribe to the theory that the loss of a program benefits another program. ASU seems the most logical based on location and proformance. But I see your point academically.

Oregon State with their coaching staff is going to be a recruiting force. 

8 minutes ago, gobraves101905 said:

Valencia coming back would be huge. If not, there’s another hole. Vasquez should slot in at 149. Tanner Harvey sure would fill a hole nicely. Norfleet sure did disappoint. Thought he had the best chance of any ASU wrestler to make the finals. Munoz shows how great of potential he has one match. Then shows how much work is left to be do one in the next match. ASU needs to wrestle as many tournaments next season as possible. 

Running back the same lineup with upgrades at 149 and 184 would be ideal. Definitely a top 3 threat, with or without the ivies. 

10 minutes ago, gobraves101905 said:

Oregon State with their coaching staff is going to be a recruiting force. 

California wrestling seems to be getting stronger and stronger at the high school level with weak programs at the D1 level to entice them to stay home. I could see Oregon State benefiting from this also.

1 hour ago, gobraves101905 said:

Valencia isn't coming back. His younger brother will be a freshman at ASU though. He could be really good with a RS year. Vasquez is going to step in and not have any lesser a season at 149. If Teemer stays at 57 and either Munoz or youngest Valencia man 65 and 74 and they can find some points at 84 and 41, they are going to be tough next year.