Antitroll2828

So can Iowa stop destroying Lee future now?

4 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

So now that you are out of anything relevant to say, you are just going to twist my words ...ok cool ...do you wear a big red nose when you go to the store or do you keep the fact you are clown on the down-low? 

I’m not being a clown. I’m looking at the situation as it is. You are looking at the situation with an adolescent whiny “but that’s not how I want it to be so it can’t be true” attitude. 

If you want to talk genuinely about “quality of life”... you should be saying that his support system should be telling him to stop competing at all now... that’s the real argument make after 3-4 acl tears......... that is not what you said. You said he should be prioritizing winning medals for merica

Again, lee should not have competed. He had the power to shove it through his desire and he got his way. To both his and Team USAs detriment. 

12 minutes ago, jp157 said:

Because you made pretty clear you want his “quality of life to be better”. so he wins merica world medals.

You also don’t realize that our current development system and medical tech make it that he probably doesn’t see the point if his knees are just going to re tear. 

Just out of curiosity.. how many of the elite old timers dealing with their long term hurts do you actually know?

No I didn’t make it about world medals...90 percent of my posts are referring to him not being able to live a normal adult life and having arthritis in his knees in his 20s ...I mentioned he’s the best prospect we’ve had in a long time but that’s obviously not the point of what I’ve been trying to say

and just last night 2x ncaa champ Joe Dubuque was saying that he’s really regretting now not getting his acl fixed and he might not even be 40 , which is in fact what I was thinking today when I started the thread 

Edited by Antitroll2828

1 minute ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Yea caring about a young super talented athletes future the day after he announces his coaches let him wrestle in the toughest wrestling tournament  with 2 torn ACLs, but yea I’m the worst but high fives for everyone who says who cares let him destroy his body for my entertainment 

Just a pretentious and awful take...

you are not involved in any aspect of Lee, the brands, or Iowa, yet, somehow find a way to manufacture outrage...

this thread is everything that is wrong with this country right now...

Hyperbole aside, your uneducated and ignorant opinion of the topic does not deserve the amount of time that has been devoted to it already...

If he does opt for surgery, he definitely needs to start lifting weights so his muscles will provide more stability and take the load off his ligaments. Three ACL tears while still in his early 20s is a lot. Highly likely he already has arthritic changes. 

6 minutes ago, jp157 said:

I’m not being a clown. I’m looking at the situation as it is. You are looking at the situation with an adolescent whiny “but that’s not how I want it to be so it can’t be true” attitude. 

If you want to talk genuinely about “quality of life”... you should be saying that his support system should be telling him to stop competing at all now... that’s the real argument make after 3-4 acl tears......... that is not what you said. You said he should be prioritizing winning medals for merica

Again, lee should not have competed. He had the power to shove it through his desire and he got his way. To both his and Team USAs detriment. 

And I know a ton of former athletes, who came from the generation of push through every injury and now they are late 30s barely early 40s and some don’t have the shoulder strength to pick up their kids, some need to take an escalator or elevator bc stairs are to much for their knees, there is a lot of life to live after sports end 

18 minutes ago, BAC said:

Yes, you are missing the post match interview, which is what I was referring to.  But the one you posted is fair game too. (Thought you may want to also highlight the part where Brands says they ALWAYS put the best team on the mat, period, no redshirts of any kind.)

I don’t know if it was #1 or 2 in my above scenarios, and frankly, neither do you. The only one we have heard from is Spencer, and he would want to wrestle if he had an arm dangling by a few strands of cartilage. 

I’m assuming of course that the doctors didn’t outright forbid it. But if the doctors are saying, “ok but you are a complete idiot if you go out there and wrestle on that knee without it healing first,” that is #1. It may well be that.  It even if it isn’t — even if it is #2 — I would really expect the Brands brothers to be true to their word and aggressively counsel their wrestler to take some time off, even if it hurts the team in the short term.

OK, I finally found that interview and watched it. Yes, a different vibe. I didn't listen to the Brands interview section, just Lee's, on the video I linked. Anyway, you are right, that post-match interview was harder to watch and there was a lot of pent-up frustration displayed. Definitely directed at the Brands or Iowa though? I still didn't get that sense.

As for your determining which of your two cases is in play here, both you and I are both speculating, sure. But where does the evidence point? ACL injuries are inherently #2 a decent amount of the time. A lot of how an athlete responds to a tear depends on how they're built and how they move. There are athletes who go on for years without ACLs and perform at or near their peaks, even in violent collision sports like football. There's even a term for this: "copers". Then there are others who cannot stand without pain and have greatly compromised motion and instability. For those athletes, it's your case #1 all the way. As I said, ACL injuries are not like broken ribs where the only reasonable prognosis is always to sit.

Which was it for Lee? Lee literally said that they discussed med forfeiting several times and that the doctors were in on the decision, shocked by how much he could do on the injured leg. Sounds to me a LOT more like #2 than #1. There's also the obvious eye test of watching him dominate on the mat. Was he vintage Lee? No, a shadow of himself. But there's was flexion and extension going on that looked normal. Lee was definitely wrestling conservatively, but if he was wrestling at all without the ability to move around (a la Suriano, to use your example), was jogging on and off the mat, and could do pistol squats a couple of days after the injury, how do you say it's more #1 than #2?

I understand what you and the OP are saying but just do not agree that you can be that critical of the coaches from the cheap seats in this situation. This wasn't a concussion or broken rib where there is only one responsible decision to be made. 

4 minutes ago, LJB said:

Just a pretentious and awful take...

you are not involved in any aspect of Lee, the brands, or Iowa, yet, somehow find a way to manufacture outrage...

this thread is everything that is wrong with this country right now...

Hyperbole aside, your uneducated and ignorant opinion of the topic does not deserve the amount of time that has been devoted to it already...

You keep throwing around that word and I’m not sure you know what it means..and if being concerned that a college athletic department is running an elite athlete into the ground for possibly their own selfish reasons, is what’s wrong with this country then I’d say we are doing better as nation then I thought 

5 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

No I didn’t make it about world medals...90 percent of my posts are referring to him not being able to live a normal adult life and having arthritis in his knees in his 20s ...I mentioned he’s the best prospect we’ve had in a long time but that’s obviously not the point of what I’ve been trying to say

and just last night 2x ncaa champ Joe Dubuque was saying that he’s really regretting now not getting his acl fixed and he might not even be 40 , which is in fact what I was thinking today when I started the thread 

Your own words. Verbatim 
“I would much rather see Spencer win 2-3 world titles and Olympic gold than watch him tilt his way through another weak 125 field with no knees , and then be medically screwed the rest of his life”

You understand that he’s just as likely to tear his ACLs wrestling internationally right.. if you actually believe it won’t **** up his body as well you clearly don’t know anything about Jon Smith or any of the great actually. 

If you actually cared about little Spencer’s quality of life you’d be advocating for him to retire

The crazy thing is if Courtney hit a dive roll and twisted Lee’s knee last night and he started screaming and had to default and be helped off the mat, then news came out he was wrestling with 2 torn ACLs the whole wrestling community would lose their minds and brands head might be on the chopping block . You’d have athletes speaking out left and right but he didn’t get hurt ..this time...but how long until another injury happens bc the guy is facing world class athletes at like 30 percent health 

You keep throwing around that word and I’m not sure you know what it means..and if being concerned that a college athletic department is running an elite athlete into the ground for possibly their own selfish reasons, is what’s wrong with this country then I’d say we are doing better as nation then I thought 

Being overly concerned and manufacturing all this outrage over something that is absolutely none of your business is telling about you personally and the perfect example of the prevailing culture that is ruining this country...

A nickels worth of advice for free...

patting yourself on the back too hard could cause undo strain on your shoulders and adversely affect your quality of life in your later years...

just something I hope you take into consideration before your next awful thread...

2 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

The crazy thing is if Courtney hit a dive roll and twisted Lee’s knee last night and he started screaming and had to default and be helped off the mat, then news came out he was wrestling with 2 torn ACLs the whole wrestling community would lose their minds and brands head might be on the chopping block . You’d have athletes speaking out left and right but he didn’t get hurt ..this time...but how long until another injury happens bc the guy is facing world class athletes at like 30 percent health 

You don’t think people would be wrenching at his provenly vulnerable knees internationally?

Remember when Kurt Angle won an Olympic gold medal with a broken freaking neck??? Spencer has that kind of mentality, regardless if you agree with his decision or not who are you to tell him what he should do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, jp157 said:

Your own words. Verbatim 
“I would much rather see Spencer win 2-3 world titles and Olympic gold than watch him tilt his way through another weak 125 field with no knees , and then be medically screwed the rest of his life”

You understand that he’s just as likely to tear his ACLs wrestling internationally right.. if you actually believe it won’t **** up his body as well you clearly don’t know anything about Jon Smith or any of the great actually. 

If you actually cared about little Spencer’s quality of life you’d be advocating for him to retire

I’m advocating for him to have surgery on his destroyed knees and take the next year to heal!! If he comes back and decides he wants to just wrestle one more year of college and move on fine God Bless him but the most important thing is he gets fixed. Arthritis in your knees and neck/back is no freakin joke , it’s miserable living like that .. which is why I thought it was stupid that Seth gross was wrestling with a herniated disk in his neck and hopefully that’s something he got fixed 

Edited by Antitroll2828

Just now, 4awrestler said:

Remember when Kurt Angle won an Olympic gold medal with a broken freaking neck??? Spencer has that kind of mentality, regardless if you agree with his decision or not who are you to tell him what he should do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kurt angle just did an interview 3 weeks ago with pat McAfee in which he said he literally can’t do anything athletic anymore , he said he couldn’t even do a one off celebrity wrestling match bc his body is so destroyed and he’s only 52 and in elite shape still 

Just now, Antitroll2828 said:

I’m advocating for him to have surgery on his destroyed knees and take the next year to heal!! If he comes back and decides he wants to just wrestle one more year of college and move fine God Bless him but the most important thing is he gets fixed. Arthritis in your knees and neck/back is no freakin joke , it’s miserable living like that .. which is why I thought it was stupid that Seth gross was wrestling with a herniated disk in his neck and hopefully that’s something he got fixed 

Ahhh so he can face a strong possibility of just tearing them again. Only this time for the competition YOU want him to win

And buddy. I’m pretty sure I’m far more aware of the physical realities of this exact type of situation.. short term and long term.. than you are... 

Again, it was a stupid decision for him but I’m not going to ignore reality and grandstand

2 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Dude I’m just saying he needs to get his knees fixed before he wrestles any where

No you stated. He needs them fixed for the competition and the team you wanted him to. 

1 minute ago, mg113 said:

You heard Lee - F excuses bro. Injuries don't matter, stop being a *****!

Yea well brands can say that to Lee all he wants, but is brands going to help lee get out of bed when he’s 40 and his knees are stiff as a board, are the Iowa coaches going to walk his dog for him in 20 years on a rainy day when the arthritis is bad he can barely move? 

Yea well brands can say that to Lee all he wants, but is brands going to help lee get out of bed when he’s 40 and his knees are stiff as a board, are the Iowa coaches going to walk his dog for him in 20 years on a rainy day when the arthritis is bad he can barely move? 

OOOHHHHHHHH... THE HUMANITY!!!!!!

Just now, Antitroll2828 said:

You know there are ways to deal with that stuff? New technologies like Stem cells. But you’d much rather he risk the arthritis for the competition YOU want

1 hour ago, jp157 said:

You realize competent doctors and trainers can diagnose torn Acls without MRIs right? They can do it without any feedback from the athlete. You literally sit on a trainers table and the professional does the test on your leg. 

Whats hilarious about this is that I don’t think Spencer should’ve competed. But I’m also not naive about the realities of the situation. 

and ahhhh okay then. Because Spencer didn’t raise hell because of an OAN shirt.. he couldn’t and wouldn’t do something about the thing that mattered to him. Gotcha

Spencer ain't woke?

6 minutes ago, jp157 said:

Ahhh so he can face a strong possibility of just tearing them again. Only this time for the competition YOU want him to win

And buddy. I’m pretty sure I’m far more aware of the physical realities of this exact type of situation.. short term and long term.. than you are... 

Again, it was a stupid decision for him but I’m not going to ignore reality and grandstand

Dude you quoted me saying idc if he decides to come back wrestle one year of college And call it quits god bless him either way and then proceeded to say I only want to watch him wrestle for team USA ...and idk man my life is filled with broken down athletes who “pushed through the pain” or “took one for the team”  and all the other bs clinches...myself being one them..so yea I think I’m pretty aware of the long terms affects of pushing through an injury when you are in your early 20s and thinking you are invincible