Sign in to follow this  
shieldofpistis

Curse of Logan Stieber

Ohio State has been on the unlucky side of so many final calls ever since Stieber was on the lucky side his first year.   

First, Bo gets a bad call against Hall.  That call changed the complexion of the match. I am not saying Bo would have won, but the match would have been different. 

Second, McKenna took Yianni down and it wasn't called.  Now it can be argued that Yianni should have been rewarded danger points on a takedown which would have canceled the points.  I dont really agree with this, but I can see that point. 

Third, Sasso was jobbed by the refs big time.  He had the legs, Connor was on his butt, and Sasso's head was on the side.  

That same scenario had been ruled a takedown all tournament long. 

The refs overturn less than 5 % of calls it seems on replay.  I know they say they had a third party reviewer, but is it ego why they don't overturn obvious mistakes? 

Sassy was now awarded a takedown in the same scenario that had been a takedown all tournament long. 

I love the sport of folk wrestling. I deeply desire it to be a mainstream sport.  But it will not happen if refs aren't consistent. 

1 minute ago, shieldofpistis said:

Ohio State has been on the unlucky side of so many final calls ever since Stieber was on the lucky side his first year.   

First, Bo gets a bad call against Hall.  That call changed the complexion of the match. I am not saying Bo would have won, but the match would have been different. 

Second, McKenna took Yianni down and it wasn't called.  Now it can be argued that Yianni should have been rewarded danger points on a takedown which would have canceled the points.  I dont really agree with this, but I can see that point. 

Third, Sasso was jobbed by the refs big time.  He had the legs, Connor was on his butt, and Sasso's head was on the side.  

That same scenario had been ruled a takedown all tournament long. 

The refs overturn less than 5 % of calls it seems on replay.  I know they say they had a third party reviewer, but is it ego why they don't overturn obvious mistakes? 

Sassy was now awarded a takedown in the same scenario that had been a takedown all tournament long. 

I love the sport of folk wrestling. I deeply desire it to be a mainstream sport.  But it will not happen if refs aren't consistent. 

Refs cant be consistent. Theyre different people doing the job.

16 minutes ago, shieldofpistis said:

nfl college football refs seem awfully consistent compared to wrestling and the football refs aren't consistent at all 

That’s because they’re accountable and held up to standards. The college refs have nothing and once the freestyle refs reach A1 they basically get tenure and are almost just as immune 

3 minutes ago, jp157 said:

That’s because they’re accountable and held up to standards. The college refs have nothing and once the freestyle refs reach A1 they basically get tenure and are almost just as immune 

So guys like Oliver and sasso suffer for it

Didn’t they call that same situation a no TD in one of the later matches too?  Drawing a blank on which one now...maybe Hidlay/Brooks?
Yes.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, shieldofpistis said:

I love wrestling and always will. But poor officiating is hurting it.

And most of this stuff is not rocket science.  Some people post like these are tough calls.  They are not.  Just follow the rules.