lu1979

Who Wins the Transfer Sweepstakes at 149 & 165?

5 hours ago, Bronco said:

A.  You are assuming Valencia is coming back for a 7th season at ASU.  I don't see that happening

B. "guaranteeing 141 to Chlebove"??????  According to who?   I think the Chlebove experiment is done after his last place finish at the 2021 PAC 12 tournament.  And anyone who would choose Chlebove over Woods is mentally deficient in the extreme.

C.  See A above and replace Valencia with Crooks (and Abas would beat Crooks - just as Abas did this year at the 2021 PAC 12 tournament)

B. Woods is only a marginal improvement over Chlebove at this point.  Not worth worth the scholarship money he will demand.

2 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

B. Woods is only a marginal improvement over Chlebove at this point.  Not worth worth the scholarship money he will demand.

That is way off - Woods is a strong AA contender if he is in the right training environment.  Chlebove is an unproven High school  star who had poor results his 1st year in D1 competition.  There is no comparison.

Just now, lu1979 said:

That is way off - Woods is a strong AA contender if he is in the right training environment.  Chlebove is an unproven High school  star who had poor results his 1st year in D1 competition.  There is no comparison.

He is clearly not motivated.

1 minute ago, Plasmodium said:

He is clearly not motivated.

Considering the situation he was dealing with this year and his goal to finish his undergrad degree at Stanford in 3 years I can understand why he was not properly training through this season.  In the right situation I believe he will be back to the type of success he was showing in the 2020 season.  He will be a huge pick up for any program.

9 minutes ago, lu1979 said:

Considering the situation he was dealing with this year and his goal to finish his undergrad degree at Stanford in 3 years I can understand why he was not properly training through this season.  In the right situation I believe he will be back to the type of success he was showing in the 2020 season.  He will be a huge pick up for any program.

I agree, and that is why I'm so impressed with his teammate Shane Griffith. Same environment, polar opposite outcome. Griffith is going to do very, very well in life.

2 minutes ago, wrestlingnerd said:

I agree, and that is why I'm so impressed with his teammate Shane Griffith. Same environment, polar opposite outcome. Griffith is going to do very, very well in life.

No doubt that Griffith is the top prize out there as far as transfers go.  Still I wouldn't overlook Real Woods and I think some consideration has  to given to the fact that he did not intend to compete this year until right before PAC 10s.  It takes a while training at a high level to get into real wrestling shape.  Woods obviously was not there yet at the PAC 10s.  He made great improvements in a few weeks as he showed in his rematch with Willits.  I just think he will be a great pick up.