Sign in to follow this  
RED

Cornell U.

49 minutes ago, poorwrestler said:

Projected lineup next year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm somewhat hesitant to post - there is so much talent in the room, at each weight, I don't want to slight anyone.  One possibility follows:

25: Greg Diakomihalis (Fr) 
133: Vito (So)
141: Yianni (Jr)
149: Hunter (Sr?)
157: Yapoujian (So?)
165: Ramirez (Fr/So?)
174: Foca (Fr/So?)
184: Max Dean (Jr)
197: Darmstadt (Jr)
285: Fernandes (Fr/So)

As mentioned - tons of depth in the room.   Might turn out to be very different.  Yianni could very easily find himself at 149.  

On 3/21/2021 at 4:12 PM, RED said:

I'm somewhat hesitant to post - there is so much talent in the room, at each weight, I don't want to slight anyone.  One possibility follows:

As mentioned - tons of depth in the room.   Might turn out to be very different.  Yianni could very easily find himself at 149.  

Aren’t you off by a season for a lot of these guys? For example, won’t Max Dean and Darmstadt be seniors next year? I get that they have an extra competition in the NCAA, but per Ivy rules they still have to graduate in 4 years, right? I believe the grad school waiver only applies to this upcoming season.

Edited by Billyhoyle

50 minutes ago, 9insoft said:

Darmstadt will be senior, he stayed in school both semesters this year...As it stands he will have another year left of eligibility... not in Ivies...

Wait, has Yianni not been enrolled in classes for two years? Or are Olympic redshirts an exception to the rule? 

Edited by Billyhoyle

On 3/21/2021 at 1:12 PM, RED said:

This is the best lineup.  Yianni at 141 and Richard at 149 is better that Saunders at 141 and Yianni at 149.  Also a shame that there is no spot for Cardenas.

17 minutes ago, LJB said:

Cornella is incoming... if yanni goes 49, cornella could challenge for 41...

maybe?

As is typical of Cornell, we have no idea who will actually be in the room next year.  Two Lajoies?  Two Diakomihalises?  Will any of their 2021 recruits compete as true freshman (I doubt it, considering the depth and youth of the current lineup)?  Brett Ungar (NJ/PA state champ)?

@AHamilton glad to see you onboard.  Now to convince the NCAA.  Can’t do it one school at a time.  I’m sure you are bright enough to know that.  Need to reset the playing field as a whole.  Looking forward to seeing your voice pushing for this!

10 hours ago, nom said:

@AHamilton glad to see you onboard.  Now to convince the NCAA.  Can’t do it one school at a time.  I’m sure you are bright enough to know that.  Need to reset the playing field as a whole.  Looking forward to seeing your voice pushing for this!

I'm not necessarily on board with the nom plan.  But I am definitely not on board with people who are getting 7 years out of kids and then act as if they are opposed to it.

9 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

I'm not necessarily on board with the nom plan.  But I am definitely not on board with people who are getting 7 years out of kids and then act as if they are opposed to it.

Just curious:  do you think we should not use a tax deduction we are qualified to use, if we are opposed to that tax deduction?  Say, deducting property taxes because that disproportionately benefits the more economically advantaged?  You gonna leave that money on the table?

I believe that Cornell/Koll rarely (ever?) used more than five years to get a kid through to graduation.  Even a medical red shirt was so rare that I can't recall it being used; not sure if Darmstadt will have used it by the time he graduates.  It happens now since they are blessed to have some good enough to qualify for the Olympics and take an ORS (add a year) and then they lose a season due to the Ivy League's COVID-19 sports cancellations (add another year).  It's not like this is in Koll's binder.  Even Dylan Palacio, who was noted to not be on the team a couple of fall semesters, competed in four straight seasons.  So Max Dean and Vito Arujau might use seven years because they were allowed to take an ORS and the Ivy League took away one of their seasons:  am I overlooking anyone else?

Pretty sure it is okay to not like a rule yet live with the rule.  This isn't Hebrew National hot dogs.

I'm ok with Koll and the Seven Year Itch.

What  bothers me about Koll was his statement to the wrestling world that he would have had four finalists and seven or eight AAs. Pretty bush league to publicly announce what you would have but didn't accomplish - particularly in wrestling where injuries, illnesses, subpar performances, opponents' overperformances, tough seeding, bad refereeing and other complications interfere with the best laid plans.