Sign in to follow this  
RED

Cornell U.

17 hours ago, TFBJR said:

So to recap - our newest resident expert has deemed in 2 separate threads that: 1) PSU guys do not have the fire // are not gamers, and 2) Iowa guys do not improve and are boring.  Of course every other team finishes behind these 2 for the last decade and their national semifinalists are 90%+ underdogs, so I'm guessing OSU, tOSU Cornell, and Minnesota must really suck.   

The next B1G Head Coach search can start and end with Drew it appears.  That will save the ADs a lot of effort. 

Hahaha, hey man I’m just curious/asking questions, didn’t mean to be coming in that hot, and i will be the first to raise my hand as being uninformed and pure bleacher speculating on all of this, but...isn’t that exactly what we’re here for?

"Of course every other team finishes behind these 2 for the last decade and their national semifinalists are 90%+ underdogs, so I'm guessing OSU, tOSU Cornell, and Minnesota must really suck."  

Buckeyes NCAA finish since 2015
Champions
Third
Runner Up
Runner Up
Runner Up
Cancelled
Covid Nine.

Question about their expected lineup for this upcoming season.

Any chance that Vito goes 133 instead of 125?  Only reason I ask is that both Greg D and Brett Ungar would be waiting in the wings.  Which brings me to my next question - Ungar is the better prospect than Greg - isn't he?  Any chance Ungar starts 125 as true freshman?  

2 hours ago, flyingcement said:

Any chance that Vito goes 133 instead of 125?  Only reason I ask is that both Greg D and Brett Ungar would be waiting in the wings.  Which brings me to my next question - Ungar is the better prospect than Greg - isn't he?  Any chance Ungar starts 125 as true freshman?  

People have been saying the plan for Vito is 133. It seems more likely than 125. I would like to see Vito at 125 for more competition at that weight but I'm sure we'll see those Spencer Lee matches again at some point anyways.

On 3/29/2021 at 10:03 AM, shieldofpistis said:

What is closest to yiannis international weight- 141 or 149?

this has no bearing on what weight he should go for NCAA.  you have no idea what it takes for him to make 65kg... or what it would take to hold 141 for a 4-1/2 month collegiate season.

1 hour ago, lu_alum said:

this has no bearing on what weight he should go for NCAA.  you have no idea what it takes for him to make 65kg... or what it would take to hold 141 for a 4-1/2 month collegiate season.

Yianni going up a weight internationally... at least for WTT 2021.

16 hours ago, flyingcement said:

Ungar  is deferring.

deferring or grey shirting?  Deferring is waiting a year......... grey shirting is living with the Cornell wrestling team in an off campus apartment, working out at Finger Lakes wrestling club or whatever it is called currently and attending local community college...............I would guess grey shirting but deferring sounds less shady......although as you will point it out its all within the rules, unless the admin catches you running/sanctioning unauthorized group practices during covid.......

Edited by Spladle88

19 minutes ago, Spladle88 said:

deferring or grey shirting?  Deferring is waiting a year......... grey shirting is living with the Cornell wrestling team in an off campus apartment, working out at Finger Lakes wrestling club or whatever it is called currently and attending local community college...............I would guess grey shirting but deferring sounds less shady......although as you will point it out its all within the rules, unless the admin catches you running/sanctioning unauthorized group practices during covid.......

It is both.  If he is deferring a year he will likely work out with Spartan.  He may or may not take a class at another school.  

16 hours ago, Spladle88 said:

Deferring means he has been accepted and is *deferring*.  So sayeth Koll:

Q 2021: Any chance Ungar will be the next "true freshman"? 
A. Ungar will defer.

22 hours ago, nom said:

It is both.  If he is deferring a year he will likely work out with Spartan.  He may or may not take a class at another school.  

22 hours ago, Spladle88 said:

Ungar will be living at the Cornell wrestling house and will be rooming with Madisen.

On 6/16/2021 at 8:00 AM, nom said:

i think they encourage taking classes at TC3 because you can get required intro classes out of the way and take a lighter load during the competitive years and still graduate on time

On 6/16/2021 at 7:39 AM, Spladle88 said:

They're the same thing.

11 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

Interesting that Steen is good enough to start for PSU and Ungar who beat him will be grey shirting.  Or maybe Steen is seen as a much better college prospect for reasons I am unaware of

When did this Steen start for PSU?  Think i missed that dual.

25 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

Interesting that Steen is good enough to start for PSU and Ungar who beat him will be grey shirting.  Or maybe Steen is seen as a much better college prospect for reasons I am unaware of

all of PSU's 125s at the wrestlestat link are freshmen. not sure that says much about how steen compares to ungar as prospects as much as it says that 125 might be a hole in the penn state lineup, especially with last year's (NQ) starter on a medical redshirt.

3 hours ago, ionel said:

Still not seeing it, says his record is 0-0, pretty sure you have to be at least 0-1 to have been a starter.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

There is a notation that says he is the starter. Of course, it's just a prediction at this point.

18 hours ago, ionel said:

Still not seeing it, says his record is 0-0, pretty sure you have to be at least 0-1 to have been a starter.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

this is needlessly pedantic. i'm pretty comfortable calling fernandes the starter for cornell at heavy.

Edited by ugarte
embarrassing repeat adjective usage

8 minutes ago, ugarte said:

this is needlessly pedantic. i'm pretty comfortable calling fernandes the starter for cornell at heavy.

I'll call your fernandes and raise to a Sam Smith as the 149lb starter at OSU.