Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
RED

Cornell U.

Recommended Posts

On 6/17/2021 at 9:50 PM, NJDan said:

There is a notation that says he is the starter. Of course, it's just a prediction at this point.

They also see Max Dean starting at 197. Do folks think he will do very well at that weight? I think he will no longer have a strength advantage and may struggle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, klehner said:

Man up:  call Cornell’s 125.

how do i know what vito's been eating? i'm not bragging i'm just saying there are freshman who we can call starters without embarrassment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/10/2021 at 9:49 PM, NJDan said:

Anyway, don't we have a guy better than Dean. 

It'd be pretty funny if Dean doesn't make the starting team at PSU, thought I like Dean.

Didn’t FOCA tech dean at a qualifier?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Cptafw164 said:

Didn’t FOCA tech dean at a qualifier?  

yes - but it was one of those freestyle matches where Foca won a few scrambles and got exposures - by no means would you watch that and conclude Foca would beat Dean in folkstyle - but perhaps concluded it would be a good match.   +

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/23/2021 at 7:50 AM, Cptafw164 said:

Didn’t FOCA tech dean at a qualifier?  

 

On 6/23/2021 at 8:16 AM, Elevator said:

yes - but it was one of those freestyle matches where Foca won a few scrambles and got exposures - by no means would you watch that and conclude Foca would beat Dean in folkstyle - but perhaps concluded it would be a good match.   +

 

It was a weird match. Dean even seemed like he thought he should've scored in those exposures. Don't think the match showed who was better in a folkstyle match. I would probably still take Dean in that until I see Foca win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/19/2021 at 11:27 AM, NJDan said:

They also see Max Dean starting at 197. Do folks think he will do very well at that weight? I think he will no longer have a strength advantage and may struggle.

Do you expect him to put on 13 pounds of fat?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/25/2021 at 5:22 PM, uncle bernard said:

He doesn't exactly have a frame to add more muscle. Amazed at how many people seem to think you can put 10 lbs of muscle on just like that.

weekend at uncle bernie’s doesn’t believe in the strength of jesus…and a bit of supplemental chemistry?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, witwhiz said:

Is Dake staying on as an assistant now that Gwiz is coming in?  If so, kinda woulda expected it to be announced at the same time as the Gwiz appointment.

Feel like Dake's focus is elsewhere for a few months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/23/2021 at 10:16 AM, Elevator said:

yes - but it was one of those freestyle matches where Foca won a few scrambles and got exposures - by no means would you watch that and conclude Foca would beat Dean in folkstyle - but perhaps concluded it would be a good match.   +

 

I do not think your assessment is incorrect because he would have scored less in folk.  However, Foca’s internal gyroscope is uncanny.  He wrestles folk the same way, and if him and dean wrestled 10 matches, Foca would win half with some of them as pins.   I don’t think Dean would pin Foca.  
 

bottom line, you don’t want to roll around on the mat with Foca.  Foca having an elite fireman’s carry helps for quick 4 point scores on freestyle that would only be a takedown and 1.5 swipes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Cptafw164 said:

I do not think your assessment is incorrect because he would have scored less in folk.  However, Foca’s internal gyroscope is uncanny.  He wrestles folk the same way, and if him and dean wrestled 10 matches, Foca would win half with some of them as pins.   I don’t think Dean would pin Foca.  
 

bottom line, you don’t want to roll around on the mat with Foca.  Foca having an elite fireman’s carry helps for quick 4 point scores on freestyle that would only be a takedown and 1.5 swipes. 

Meanwhile, Foca dropped two out of three to an Iowa 3rd stringer...

(although his one win was a tech?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...