152lbs

David Carr Twitter

On 3/21/2021 at 6:56 PM, 152lbs said:

Pretty Cool

I have huge admiration for all of them and I like the tweet. I think they are amazing wrestlers but each of them also gave a great interview. Gable’s was especially good given he gets so much crap. When he said “let’s not get ahead of ourselves”. 

Edited by BigTimeFan

The Italian stallion ford focus should learn a thing or two about how to act with class from Carr.  If he did, I'd get off my "anti-ferrari" schtick and my comparisons of him to PD3 would stop. 

Carr is a pleasure and joy to watch.  Good human being all around.  :-)

David Carr’s interview was great and he is a fantastic wrestler.  For a little perspective, I was at the Grizzly tournament his senior year when he got tagged for unsportsmanship conduct while mugging to the crowd during a pummeling of his opponent. 

Hopefully an aberration as everything else I’ve seen has been solid.

12 hours ago, ugarte said:

it is very weird when someone from a minority group talks about how being a minority affects their lives and a person who is not a minority makes a show of how they don't even notice skin color except to point out that they didn't notice.

What's also weird is how some lecture others about not doing enough to acknowledge the perspectives of minority groups - but, then, in turn, refuse to acknowledge the perspectives of people not necessarily classified as being in the minority.

1 minute ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

What's also weird is how some lecture others about not doing enough to acknowledge the perspectives of minority groups - but, then, in turn, refuse to acknowledge the perspectives of people not necessarily classified as being in the minority.

i am so sorry. this must be your struggle.

On 3/28/2021 at 11:15 AM, ugarte said:

it is very weird when someone from a minority group talks about how being a minority affects their lives and a person who is not a minority makes a show of how they don't even notice skin color except to point out that they didn't notice.

Damn if you do, damn if you don't.  When someone says they did not notice color, their intentions are well-meaning.  They are telling their truth.  *All people see color... and you are going to hear about it whether you say you do or don't.   

*Stop lying - yes you do.

I did not immediately see color when looking at the 5 black champion photo... but why these 5? Oh!  They are black.  I have seen color when there was only 1 black champion in previous photos.  I don't see color when watching most NBA games.  I do see color when there is a white guy on the NBA floor.  I saw brown when I unknowingly walked into a Spanish-speaking bar and was the only white person amongst 20 people staring at me.  I noticed black people when I went to the original Arthur Bryants in downtime KC and was the only white guy amidst 20 black people and one homeless person followed me from my car to the line.  I noticed my white color when I was in India and 100 kids followed me around a temple.  I noticed yellow color when walking around a particular place in the Dotte... where there were some meth looking teeth in a small group... I notice the brown color of the Indians on my youth baseball team... just like I do on my work teams... there is a culture there to understand and be respectful of. 

I notice color more when it is an outlier to my perceived normal... I can say it is incredibly uncomfortable to feel like a minority.  I feel it now with the blue wave in power (cancel culture in social tech) and I feel it every time I travel to India.  I cannot fathom living with that feeling, amplified by 100x, every day... it makes sense why the minority wants representation... it makes sense why the majority wants to overlook it... so much difficulty, nuance, and sensitivity... sure have enjoyed the Emmanuel Acho conversations... uncomfortable conversations with a black man...

18 minutes ago, jross said:

When someone says they did not notice color, their intentions are well-meaning.  They are telling their truth.

You are giving those posters way too much credit. Their intent was clearly to say there's nothing special about five black wrestlers winning natties. 

@jross your second post was awesome though. As white folks our natural first reaction is usually to bristle and push back at stuff like this because "why does everything have to be about race?" What we don't think about is that while race is maybe something we don't think about daily, the five young men in that picture have never had that luxury for a single day in their life.

For people who struggle with that (me, sometimes): talk less and listen more.

1 hour ago, jross said:

I did not immediately see color when looking at the 5 black champion photo... but why these 5? Oh!  They are black.  I have seen color when there was only 1 black champion in previous photos.  I don't see color when watching most NBA games.  I do see color when there is a white guy on the NBA floor.  I saw brown when I unknowingly walked into a Spanish-speaking bar and was the only white person amongst 20 people staring at me.  I noticed black people when I went to the original Arthur Bryants in downtime KC and was the only white guy amidst 20 black people and one homeless person followed me from my car to the line.  I noticed my white color when I was in India and 100 kids followed me around a temple.  I noticed yellow color when walking around a particular place in the Dotte... where there were some meth looking teeth in a small group... I notice the brown color of the Indians on my youth baseball team... just like I do on my work teams... there is a culture there to understand and be respectful of. 

I notice color more when it is an outlier to my perceived normal... I can say it is incredibly uncomfortable to feel like a minority.  I feel it now with the blue wave in power (cancel culture in social tech) and I feel it every time I travel to India.  I cannot fathom living with that feeling, amplified by 100x, every day... it makes sense why the minority wants representation... it makes sense why the majority wants to overlook it... so much difficulty, nuance, and sensitivity... sure have enjoyed the Emmanuel Acho conversations... uncomfortable conversations with a black man...

I remember when there were few black folks wrestling. Back in the 70's there wasn't a lot of black kids wrestling compared to now, plus there were a lot more kids in general wrestling than now. I didn't even wrestle a black kid until 8th grade (my 4th year of wrestling). I think Lee Kemp might've helped change a bunch of that by being the first American black man to win a World Championship. ****, Leroy could probably still step on the mat and kick the **** out of some of the All Americans at his weight this year (Leroy is in amazing shape, still). 

ugh...

i have backspaced a couple of times, but, can't help myself because this is actually important to me...

i almost exclusively date black girls... i have come to do this for a variety of reasons, but, mostly because it is just what i personally find attractive...

as someone who messes around occasionally with a first generation american whose parents were both born in nigerian, i will say none of those champions are what she would consider "black"...

they are all mixed...

and the same as you and me...

and until we all realize that and quit focusing on all this racial BS things will never change in this country...

and trust me when i say i am fairly old, what everyone including me would identify as "white", and lived the first 40 years of my life in Oklahoma originally, so, when i say i have been around some redneck backwards a$$ thinking in my life believe it...

if anyone finds any of the above offensive, go take a long hard look in the mirror...

26 minutes ago, TobusRex said:

I think Lee Kemp might've helped change a bunch of that by being the first American black man to win a World Championship. 

Butch Keaser would be surprised to hear that.

ugh...

i have backspaced a couple of times, but, can't help myself because this is actually important to me...

i almost exclusively date black girls... i have come to do this for a variety of reasons, but, mostly because it is just what i personally find attractive...

as someone who messes around occasionally with a first generation american whose parents were both born in nigerian, i will say none of those champions are what she would consider "black"...

they are all mixed...

and the same as you and me...

and until we all realize that and quit focusing on all this racial BS things will never change in this country...

and trust me when i say i am fairly old, what everyone including me would identify as "white", and lived the first 40 years of my life in Oklahoma originally, so, when i say i have been around some redneck backwards a$$ thinking in my life believe it...

if anyone finds any of the above offensive, go take a long hard look in the mirror...

You're using a Nigerian woman you sometimes mess around with as a cover to be able to tell these kids they are not black. I feel like you should have back spaced one more time.