Alwayswrestling

NCAA Champs at OTT?

3 hours ago, BigTimeFan said:

Anyone know if RBY will be there ?

In the post finals press conference, he was asked if he planned on being there. He said it would be a tough cut to make 57 but he was going to be working out with Gilman and may try a small cut to see how it goes but sounded like he wasn't really in to the idea. He said he was definitely in for 2024.

4 hours ago, DanGerMan said:

In the post finals press conference, he was asked if he planned on being there. He said it would be a tough cut to make 57 but he was going to be working out with Gilman and may try a small cut to see how it goes but sounded like he wasn't really in to the idea. He said he was definitely in for 2024.

RBY is another tweener.

Lee has already said he's going.  It'll be at 57kg.

RBY is a tweener.  If he attempts a practice cut this week with Gillman, which he has said he is doing, and it works, I think he'll go.  I honestly don't think he's committed to Oly this year, though.  I would still love to see him give 65kg a go 'just because' to see him go.  He would be a tough out for anyone making a serious cut first round.  I absolutely want to see him give 61kg a go for WTT this year.

Lee will be in the mix at 65kg.

I think O'Conner is just too small to try 74kg and too big to try the cut to 65kg.  I want to see him throw his hat in there, though, so hopefully we see him at 74kg at OTT.  I am more skeptical we see RBY than O'Conner, fwiw.

Carr will be there at 74kg.

I hope we see Griffith at 74kg.  He has a very, very busy life right now, though.  Not sure we will.

Of the tweeners, this is the only one I am pretty confident we'll see Starocci.  Can he make 74kg on this short of notice or will he throw in at 86kg?  I could go for either, honestly.

Brooks will be at 86kg.  Everyone at last chance is breathing a sigh of relief he won and not Hidlay.  Hidlay is a brutal matchup for anyone, but he plays with fire with his low scoring matches and will/may drop a match folks typically wouldn't expect him to.

Ferrari needs to go at 97kg.  If he could make 86kg I would absolutely love that, too.  We as wrestling fans need him to be there.

Steveson will be there at 125kg.

2 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Lee has already said he's going.  It'll be at 57kg.

RBY is a tweener.  If he attempts a practice cut this week with Gillman, which he has said he is doing, and it works, I think he'll go.  I honestly don't think he's committed to Oly this year, though.  I would still love to see him give 65kg a go 'just because' to see him go.  He would be a tough out for anyone making a serious cut first round.  I absolutely want to see him give 61kg a go for WTT this year.

Lee will be in the mix at 65kg.

I think O'Conner is just too small to try 74kg and too big to try the cut to 65kg.  I want to see him throw his hat in there, though, so hopefully we see him at 74kg at OTT.  I am more skeptical we see RBY than O'Conner, fwiw.

Carr will be there at 74kg.

I hope we see Griffith at 74kg.  He has a very, very busy life right now, though.  Not sure we will.

Of the tweeners, this is the only one I am pretty confident we'll see Starocci.  Can he make 74kg on this short of notice or will he throw in at 86kg?  I could go for either, honestly.

Brooks will be at 86kg.  Everyone at last chance is breathing a sigh of relief he won and not Hidlay.  Hidlay is a brutal matchup for anyone, but he plays with fire with his low scoring matches and will/may drop a match folks typically wouldn't expect him to.

Ferrari needs to go at 97kg.  If he could make 86kg I would absolutely love that, too.  We as wrestling fans need him to be there.

Steveson will be there at 125kg.

Nice post.

RBY:  I don't see how he can effectively make 57kg.  I think it's too much of a cut to maintain his effectiveness.  Agreed that seeing him at 61kg and mixing it up there would be worth the price of admission.

AOC:  I don't recall any FS results to speak of with him.  Is he just a folkstyle guy?

Griffith:  IIRC, Carr has already had some battles with Griffith (and won, i think...) in FS.  Will be fun to watch.  I think Carr may be better in Freestyle though, so this could get interesting. 

Starocci:  I don't see how it would be possible for him to go 74kg and remain effective.  What he has going for him is his strength.  His grips and positioning based on those grips seem very powerful.  Would losing that extra weight hurt that superpower?  If he goes 86kg, he could be a tough guy to take down, but, I don't see him being able to leverage his strength against the guys at this weight.  A Zahid / Starocci battle would be fun to watch, but I predict a tech for Zahid.  On that note, I bet Brooks beats Starocci at Free.

197:  Ferrari needs to go 97kg so that he can feel adversity.  Kudos to him for winning and becoming a champion.  Just PLEASE act more like Snyder, Cox, Burroughs than Downey?  Please!?

HWT:  Gable gonna win it.

30 minutes ago, treep2000 said:

Nice post.

RBY:  I don't see how he can effectively make 57kg.  I think it's too much of a cut to maintain his effectiveness.  Agreed that seeing him at 61kg and mixing it up there would be worth the price of admission.

AOC:  I don't recall any FS results to speak of with him.  Is he just a folkstyle guy?

Griffith:  IIRC, Carr has already had some battles with Griffith (and won, i think...) in FS.  Will be fun to watch.  I think Carr may be better in Freestyle though, so this could get interesting. 

Starocci:  I don't see how it would be possible for him to go 74kg and remain effective.  What he has going for him is his strength.  His grips and positioning based on those grips seem very powerful.  Would losing that extra weight hurt that superpower?  If he goes 86kg, he could be a tough guy to take down, but, I don't see him being able to leverage his strength against the guys at this weight.  A Zahid / Starocci battle would be fun to watch, but I predict a tech for Zahid.  On that note, I bet Brooks beats Starocci at Free.

197:  Ferrari needs to go 97kg so that he can feel adversity.  Kudos to him for winning and becoming a champion.  Just PLEASE act more like Snyder, Cox, Burroughs than Downey?  Please!?

HWT:  Gable gonna win it.

RBY-Samesies.

AOC-Samesies.  I think just folk, but I want to see him in Free.  Ramos is his coach, right?  Let's see it.

Griffith-Yeah Carr did beat him prior, BUT Griffith has size on him now.

Starocci-He was bigger than Brooks in H.S.  Cael had them swap weights for a reason, and I'm not sure why, but Starocci was always going to be the 174lb guy after Hall and Brooks was going to be the one going up.  I also agree Brooks beats him at Free regardless.  I mean... Brooks is looking Thicc <-two Cs...

Ferrari-If he could go 86... imagine a Clowney-Farrari twitter exchange(Ferarri: "I'm going to turd-flex all over him after I win"  Clowney: "Cash me ousside!" hahahaha).  Ferrari wins that match, btw, if it happens at 92 or 97.  Ferrari is too big, fast, and strong for a guy that thinks he's bigger, stronger, and faster (Clowney).  I don't think Ferrari goes 86, so that is the only way it happens.

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

Ferrari-If he could go 86... imagine a Clowney-Farrari twitter exchange(Ferarri: "I'm going to turd-flex all over him after I win"  Clowney: "Cash me ousside!" hahahaha).  Ferrari wins that match, btw, if it happens at 92 or 97.  Ferrari is too big, fast, and strong for a guy that thinks he's bigger, stronger, and faster (Clowney).  I don't think Ferrari goes 86, so that is the only way it happens.

Who do you have winning this match?  Ford Focus or Clowney?

15 minutes ago, ShakaAloha said:

Who do you have winning this match?  Ford Focus or Clowney?

I don't think Focus can make 86kg and be as apex as he is at 197lbs or 92kg.  At 97 he will give up strength.

I would love to see a 92kg match between the two of them (and maybe we do at WTT).

At 92kg+ I see Focus winning.  Too Alpha for the Beta.

I'd like to see Nickal vs. Ferrari at 92kg. 

At 97kg, I still see Zillmer beating, in just being a superior wrestler. I see Macchiavello beating him in something like a 2-0 match, based only on pushouts.  I see Moore beating him fairly easily, or not at all, depending on which Moore shows up.  After his showing most recently internationally, I have Moore winning, something like 6-0 or 6-1.  Cox... wins easily and never really threatened.  Snyder... wins easily and never really threatened.  Feels what a full 97kg is supposed to be, and has to just accept getting whipped.  

Ferrari said he walks around at 225-230. 86kg is out of the question. He could be top 5 at 97, but he didn't show a whole lot of scoring potential at NCAAs (no more than 5 points after the first round). He would get wrecked by Snyder and Cox but it's hard to say how he would do against the other senior guys. His neutral defense is good but his ability on top would not help at all.

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

I don't think Focus can make 86kg and be as apex as he is at 197lbs or 92kg.  At 97 he will give up strength.

I would love to see a 92kg match between the two of them (and maybe we do at WTT).

At 92kg+ I see Focus winning.  Too Alpha for the Beta.

Blue Dragons in 3...2...1...

John Smith looked him dead in the eye and said "By the time I'm done with you, you're going to win a national title at 174."
I'm wondering if all their athletes Fix their weight cuts as well.

I believe Blanc lost a year or two for ped's.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, nhs67 said:

You think that Hidlay is better than Brooks at 86kg freestyle?  As we all know, Brooks beat him a few days ago at NCAA's, but in addition Brooks has won Cadet World gold and Junior World silver.  What has Hidlay won in freestyle that is anywhere close to that?

With that being said, I do think Trent will win a spot at Last Chance if he enters.  

12 minutes ago, ShakaAloha said:

You think that Hidlay is better than Brooks at 86kg freestyle?  As we all know, Brooks beat him a few days ago at NCAA's, but in addition Brooks has won Cadet World gold and Junior World silver.  What has Hidlay won in freestyle that is anywhere close to that?

With that being said, I do think Trent will win a spot at Last Chance if he enters.  

No I think Brooks is better and would win.

That said, the year Brooks DNP at Juniors at 79kg, Hidlay took home bronze at 86kg.  The last time we had a Junior worlds.